Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

Not trying to derail this thread, but IMO the stitching / thread makes the most difference. I have not a single pair that has had rips, tears or crotch blowouts. The only noticeable difference is cotton vs. poly thread, and my Momotaro 0905SP was the worst. I had to restitch almost every part.

What I'm trying to say: ask 10 guys and you will get 12 opinions on the "most rugged & indestructable" jeans. And  others will claim them to be crap. We don't know how somebody sized his jeans, how hard he wears them or what he does in them. Those Observationsare always are too subjective to use them as general rule here.

Very good point Max. As far as stitching is concerned the 805sp are the only jeans I've had to restitch the coin pocket after only 5-6 months of wear. I could even tell there were signs of a crotch tear after only two weeks (!) on the 007-2b. The stitching on the 103s is still holding perfectly after 16 months+. It was rather an overall good state of the jeans after similar wear (9 months): office, weekends/holidays in the countryside, nothing too fancy like skateboarding or even cycling.

The fact the 805sp are one wash and the shape they've got in the crouch area may be two reasons they seem to hold better.. for me.

Finally as you had the clever idea to say facts should be compared rather than stories, I was wondering if there was a thread comparing all major brands objectively: thread types, cotton types, stitching methods, etc. Because one of the things we like with raw denim is their durability.

Those look very interesting!  I'm still waiting on Klax-on to confirm an order I placed last week on some Strike Golds but no response, so I'll hold off on ordering these until I hear back.  :blush:

Those are the 4 other pairs you say you're buying lol.

But yeah, these are really awesome, one of my favourite of the last couple years (not a fan of the black pig), but the x-32 cinch backs are really nice. The patch reminds me of Stevensons patch, love the simplicity of it. Also the exposed rivets. That excites me more than hidden rivets as near every pair comes with them now a days.

I do hope someone buys them, as I would love to get some more pictures of them. 

Edited by bradl

It's all personal preference, there is no sure way to do it off the bat. I would throw mine in the wash, minus the spin wash, and after that I would just let them hang dry. 

You can soak, but be aware you're not going to get rid of all the shrinkage in one go.

Got me a bit worried. I want to get them hemmed soon but i dont want the inseam to change again.

Ended up doing a two hour soak in a bit hotter than warm water.

Yeah wish I was able to do my own soak with my SDA. They were ow and my god it rips all the starch out. Like a nice crisp pair, but these were super soft.

But on that topic, these SDA bleed indigo. Granted they're being used as work pants. But seeing some nice progress with them. Not going to bother with any pictures as they're dirty as hell. Will be washing them in the new year.

xs34-5.jpg?_ex=330x330

I handled these today at BiG and have a few notes I didn't pick up from posted links, etc. The yoke is triple stitched with what appears to be an indigo thread in between the contrast stitches. The yoke is lined along with a rectangle lining inside the jean along the top of the back pockets. The back pockets are also half-lined. All but the half-lining on the pockets were odd to me. Perhaps there's some historical reason for those decisions. I'll admit, I'm deep into the process, but don't know much about era-specific details.

The most important and impressive thing — the denim. There was some serious horizontal slub/texture that I haven't really seen before. I know that cut is too slim for me, but the denim alone had me strongly fighting the urge to try them on. On the face, you see a vertical pattern on the grin-through, but when handling the denim, you feel the horizontal irregularity. When you flip from the face to the back side, the weft shows clearly that there is a strong horizontal slub (I'm hesitant to use the term because I don't know if it was created by slubbing the yarns) unlike anything I've seen.

Also, I didn't like the exposed rivets in pictures. In person, they were very, very nice. The color of the rivet matched with the threads on the jean was special.

A damn fine pair of jeans.

In the SDA online shop it clearly says:

NW(ノï¾ï½³ï½«ï½¯ï½¼ï½­)

Most of SDA's jeans model are to my knowledge non-washed...

Edited by Foxy2

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm, would love to know about that as well.

On that topic, just found these searching PSA. X's-26, not sure how he still has a pair from so long ago. Messaged him and he is holding a pair till February, but if not I will most likely be grabbing these. Love the old arcs so much more.

resize0136.jpg

On Tuesday night the 14th of January around 3 to 5 AM, DC4 has been robbed. Most of the items in our store at the Torstrasse have been taken. The police are currently investigating the case.

Important: DC4 stamp 

All the jeans from our store have been stamped 'DC4 Berlin' on one of the inner pockets. If you come across a brand new pair of jeans with this stamp, get in contact with us as soon as possible! Please keep an eye out for any of the goods that might come from our store. Many brands are hardly available outside of Japan, like Toys McCoy and Samurai Jeans.

stamps-dc4-pockets.jpg

Help us find stolen items and get a reward!

Do you spot a stolen product on websites like eBay or on a forum? Send the link to contact[at]dc4.de and you'll receive a FREE pair of jeans, and a discount on your next 3 orders.

Don't place online orders until further notice

Naturally, this means that orders placed online cannot be processed right now, we hope for your understanding. The shop will be closed until further notice. We're shocked and outraged about the whole event and can't wait for the criminals to be put to justice.

Please share guys! You can address me with any info, also DC4 contact or direct with Daniel. Thanks!

DC4 team.