TCB: happy jeans contest

aho

Sounds great Paul. Has it been broadcast yet? If so presumably we can listen again somewhere? Cheers old fruit.

Thanks folks.

THe programme page is here, it's being broadcast on 29 May, I'm guessing it's the one after the Y Chromosome show.

Maynard, sadly no Anderson shelter, altho we used to have some huge shelters just down the road until it was redeveloped, and the back of our house was all rebuilt after it was blown out by a V2.

Volvo, if you ever see one of these in a local market, let me know! Just what I need for holidays...

baby_zpsuol10skc.jpg

And have you ever tried one of these? THeu were the main rival to the early La Pavonis, I have no idea how good they are at making coffee, but they are beautiful...

Faemina_zpsnpixw3hl.png

Edited by Paul T

beautiful stuff paolo.

I'll keep my eyes peeled. that's not something you find every other day in pawn shops.

home espresso machines are quite rare to be find in vintage markets and pawn shops.

that baby faema is really cool!

the coolest things I often see here are quickmill grinders, looking great but not good enough for today's standards!

I'm next in line to hail your fit TV, looks great.

Cellphone pics or not, some more evo shots would be fun to see!

Also enjoying the recent coffee talk and the London tour, miss that place a lot.

Work brought me to Vancouver this weekend, went for a hike on the Grouse Grind, 2.4km in altitude

The trees are beautiful in Vancouver

17831603328_e56e1029bf_c.jpgDSC_0495 by 6u07, on Flickr

17833274889_7cec8b0cf4_c.jpgDSC_0496 by 6u07, on Flickr

17399001003_51f0904aaa_c.jpgDSC_0498 by 6u07, on Flickr

17396960874_289591f823_c.jpgDSC_0497 by 6u07, on Flickr

17831597988_79d2a316a0_c.jpgDSC_0499 by 6u07, on Flickr

@ the top

18019519275_6fe914a6b5_c.jpgDSC_0500 by 6u07, on Flickr

Geek Moment, used my Rangeman to track how high I've hiked, went up 2565m

17993052736_5264be0538_c.jpgDSC_0501 by 6u07, on Flickr

That area is beautiful long. One of my favorite things about Vancouver, the lush scenery. So many different types of trees, there is even a rainforest up north as well.

If you're still in Van can definitely recommend some cool places to check out.

A few weeks back I went to Stockholm again, this time we went to the Swedish championship for homebrewers of beer. 30 $ entry fee and then you could try ~ 290 different beers for free. The reason it's for free is 'cus homebrewers isn't registered as companies and hence don't pay any taxes they arn't allowed to charge you. I was to busy drinking great beers that I even forgot to take any pictures, haha. 

However, I did manage to take one snap that weekend from our afterparty in one of the parks:

16932414174_0f01de9f59_z.jpg

And this weekend I went home to visit my folks. Here's a couple of snaps from a nice evening in little Lindesberg:

18038806961_8771d291aa_c.jpg

18038805231_c79f6afb73_z.jpg

17851722309_cb17888af0_z.jpg

18011494246_af5cfa41c8_z.jpg

17417432743_dfdb9f4ab8_z.jpg

I also tried a raspberry sour ale, it was pretty sweet (no pun intended). I'm really starting to like sour ales a lot:

18034681442_cfb765f7a4_z.jpg

And of course a little bit of TCB to give the post a dent of denim:

17850069808_8564a7227a_z.jpg

That area is beautiful long. One of my favorite things about Vancouver, the lush scenery. So many different types of trees, there is even a rainforest up north as well.

If you're still in Van can definitely recommend some cool places to check out.

I'm back in Toronto already, but I'll be there for the next two weekends! definitely my favourite city in Canada.

@ Bobbo: sounds like a perfect Weekend. I really miss Stockholm and would love to go there again. Too bad I can't drive up there straight but would have to use the Ferry. (I still recall being there the first time at the Age of 15. I've never seen so many beautiful women. And I can't blame it all on testosterone, mutliple trips afterwards proved it).

@ ah_long: Jealous of your trip as well. I always wanted to ride my bike in Whistler and the Vancouver area. The look of the forests is well known from dozens of bike movies. You can also see how the trailbuilding influenced the hiking trails (or vice versa).

Great updates everyone.

Edited by Max Power

@ Bobbo: sounds like a perfect Weekend. I really miss Stockholm and would love to go there again. Too bad I can't drive up there straight but would have to use the Ferry. (I still recall being there the first time at the Age of 15. I've never seen so many beautiful women. And I can't blame it all on testosterone, mutliple trips afterwards proved it).

Sweden is awsome (and I definitely don't complain about the women, haha). But like with everything else you get kind of used to it and want something different. I feel like moving abroad again, just need to find work!

Yikes, we're on the second page!

Sorry TCB didn't get mentioned on that radio programme, only those boring clichéd Ironheart. But I did get first and last word.

I'm now on a new phase; pocket destruction. I always keep a notebook in back pocket and a pen in the front, to make notes to assist my failing memory. yesterday I went off for an interview, thought I'd forgotten my pen and bought a $5 new one... that one disappeared later that day, the same way its predecessor had, via a hole in the pocket!

I think a new wash is due this weekend if the sun holds, then they'll finally lose that dark look (which is almost my fave phase).

quickpicbeforewash_zpsh0freikc.jpg

No need to ask why they call it ''Ohh Ahh Point"... Pretty obvious! Brilliant photos Aho.

Full disclosure: I'm putting my TCB on ice over the summer for the most part to get my Fullcount up to a year's wear (plus, they are much more comfortable to wear in this heat). Might be able to give them some time in July when I head to Europe but a break is good - I've been a little bummed out with the TCB lately and how little I have to show for all the wear I've given them. Getting a bit disheartening, I have to admit!

Great photos all around.

I have been slacking very hard in posting pictures, so I hope this photo dump makes up for it.

A few weeks back my wife and I drove home to visit our families. My mom always has trouble with her pool, and somehow I always get roped into helping her.

It wasn't looking good.

18246600868_c08006fc82_z.jpg

Assessing the situation. It worked out fine, but no pics of it looking good.

18396246856_98f3743649_z.jpg

On the weekends my wife and I usually head down to the Strip. It's basically two streets full of street food, crafts, grocers and all sorts of awesome stuff. The first stop on most occasions is for a coffee. I wandered into 21st Street Coffee and Tea the last time out.

18396225426_e422dcb198_z.jpg

17801989123_449250647e_z.jpg

I ordered a black coffee and didn't realize they do a pour over type brew. I'm a no frills coffee guy, and this was a great cup of black coffee. Next we walked down to Peace, Love and Little Donuts. They make simple cake donuts in a little hole in the wall. I prefer their simpler offerings, but my wife goes for the heavy toppings.

18422625645_98752aaae3_z.jpg

18248230549_ee74cb7a88_z.jpg

Then a quick stop at Edgar's taco stand for delicious tacos.

18236498219_18b75ef1c9_z.jpg

More to come.

Edited by rayw44

Next we head down to Wholey's seafood market to get sushi from Andy's Sushi Bar. His stand is literally inside of a seafood wholesaler, and everything he makes is fantastic. Andy just turned 50, and he looks 30 at best. He loves telling people his secret to staying young: no smoking, no drinking, lots fo sleep and lots of the freshest fish you can find. He's doing something right.

17811780494_c6cedb9ff7_z.jpg

You place your order, he usually busts your balls for a few minutes, gives you something to sample, and then changes your order based on whether you liked the thing he gave you to sample. On this day he gave me a sample of yellowfin tuna with an unknown sauce and a mint leaf. Shockingly good, and then I ended up with a modified tuna roll of some sort. Also fantastic.

18412669866_3e65d530e4_z.jpg

On this particular day we were headed to an early Pirates game, so we walked down after we stuffed ourselves. Here is the old Heinz factory with the old sign still operating. It is now the Heinz History Center which works in conjunction with the Smithsonian.

17800016854_a92843c91c_z.jpg

Then through the convention center walkway. This is usually a running fountain down the walls, and it naturally stays very cool. The convention center itself is one of the greenest buildings in the world.

18422672215_c7c0c5aacc_z.jpg

Passed where Lewis and Clark set off on their expedition.

18436147381_cfb359a0d2_z.jpg

Getting close.

18251370570_4fc0792486_z.jpg

It's a lot of fun walking over the bridge to see a game, and I can't think of another ballpark with this kind of pregame ritual for the fans.

18422644905_a5d01e85ad_k.jpg

This was on Memorial Day weekend, and we saw three games total. They ended up being three of the best pitching performances I will see in my life. All three starters for the Pirates allowed 2 or less runs and struck out 10 or more.

The jeans look better than they do in these pics, but nowhere close to Paul and Ah Long's progress.