TCB: happy jeans contest

aho

Great stuff Foxy. Bardentreffen should ne nice they told me it's a good Festival

You mean the Bardentreffen in my hometown Nuremberg? Maybe we can arrange a meetup then (but I fear I might be on holidays that time).

Great Posts here. I was already hungry, now I have to get lunch.

Edited by Max Power

yeah we have two gigs there aug 1st (evening time) and 2nd (afternoon, then we have to rush out to do a second evening gig nearby Nurnberg in Neustadt!), a meetup would be totally great if you're around.

^ Also avoids the awkward conversation with your wife "I'm just going to drive for an hour to meet a strange Italian man whom I've been chatting with over the Internet. Look, he's even sent some pictures of himself in his nice new clothes!"

Lovely photos as usual Volvo. Your daughter is cute as a button and yours looks to be a good life!

Bobbo, thanks for the beer-spiration! Hitachino Nest has started popping up in a few restaurants in HK and goes well with Japanese food. One ramen place was pairing the different varieties with its various ramen dishes depending on how robust or spicy the noodle broth was. Quite a different approach and certainly better than Asahi with everything.

i love Hitachino Nest beer, only problem is the store that sells it charges fucking $5 a bottle....

RE: baby jeans.  I saw that Momotaro sold a pair of little kids denim but I cannot find it any longer.  Volvo, if you ever go the TCB route, I'll spring for a pair also!

also, crazy she's walking.  Ours just turned 10 months a week or so ago, and she wants to walk sooo bad but thus far its been just a random standing without support here and there

Edited by garden gnomes in space

Bobbo, thanks for the beer-spiration! Hitachino Nest has started popping up in a few restaurants in HK and goes well with Japanese food. One ramen place was pairing the different varieties with its various ramen dishes depending on how robust or spicy the noodle broth was. Quite a different approach and certainly better than Asahi with everything.

That sounds nice! A few restaurants (to my knowledge) in Sweden is doing the same thing. I've always found it odd to only have a beer menu consisting of lager, lager and another lager when there's so much more to beer and you can play around with taste combinations. 

RE: baby jeans.  I saw that Momotaro sold a pair of little kids denim but I cannot find it any longer.  Volvo, if you ever go the TCB route, I'll spring for a pair also!

also, crazy she's walking.  Ours just turned 10 months a week or so ago, and she wants to walk sooo bad but thus far its been just a random standing without support here and there

hey Gnome, she started to walk at 11 months, so you might be right about to see your little one making her first steps. Life got slighty easier since she started to walk, hope it will be the same for you!

re baby jeans: a TCB - sufu bambino jeans bulk order would be the raddest thing ever!

otherwise I know that Porky's make baby size selvedge jeans too.

look here:  http://www.porkys-jeans.com/original.html bottom of the page on the left, 4 different sizes 2,4,6,8. 13K JPY, it's expensive but when buying stuff for my daughter I never I feel as guilty as when I buy for myself!

Ugh you guys, I will update soon.  It's been a busy time lately.

bobbo, I love that you're fixing it yourself.  What is your instagram?  Just follow me and I'm 100% certain I will spot the dude fixing his own shit.

re baby jeans: a TCB - sufu bambino jeans bulk order would be the raddest thing ever!

If the good people at TCB have time for these I'd definitely be game Volvo. And looking forward to that broadcast Paul T.

Excellent stuff paolo! Your pair looks great! I've been eyeing Alfred Sargent from quite some time. Bullet prof good old English shoes. I've lost an ebay UK for a great pair of their brogues a couple weeks ago ; (

Also, greetings everybody from Edinburgh! I'll post some stuff soon, hope to have time for walking around and taking pics!

Haha he's not with me this time. I am the only paisano here with a new pretty cool multi culti trad flute project, playing at a flute related event for a crowd of at least 80% flautists. As wanker as it can get!

Probably for the first time in years I'll come back from Scotland without hearing any pipes, that's excellent news for my ears health!

A little entry from me... We took my mother-in-law out for lunch at Nan Lian Gardens, a traditional Chinese garden right in the heart in the densely urban Diamond Hill. It's easy to forget the tower blocks and highways once inside though and it's a nice peaceful spot to spend a few hours.

17454741441_97498613ec_z.jpg

17454916321_0a6e4b7427.jpg

16832556114_f08dbdb6b0_z.jpg

Forgive the security guard stance! Some contrast is starting to pop on the denim now after seven months, but I expect these are going to end up with an overall fade given the soft fabric, loose cut and my monthly washing. I'm quite happy with how they're progressing.