Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

I would actually believe that a levis 550 tagged 34 measures a 34. Levis has a much more stringent QC on sizing of their standard models. I mean people live and die by those jeans. If people were having the same sizing issues on standard models that we have on LVC, then levis would have failed a long time ago.

Maybe split the difference and go with a 35? Tough call.

Hmmm intriguing opinion. I do feel like I remember having some size 31 standard levis back in the day, which is bigger than my size in most jeans.

Also, rnr, though I appreciate your attempt at commiseration, I have to take offense at your signature. She may be potentially misleading me with faulty measurements, but hate is an awfully strong word....

Hmmm intriguing opinion. I do feel like I remember having some size 31 standard levis back in the day, which is bigger than my size in most jeans.

Also, rnr, though I appreciate your attempt at commiseration, I have to take offense at your signature. She may be potentially misleading me with faulty measurements, but hate is an awfully strong word....

Alright. I actually laughed at that.

I found my Roy's on my front porch when I got home from work yesterday. I didn't think they'd only take 2 weeks from when I ordered but they did. The workmanship is great and that leather patch is THICK. A few more pounds to lose before they fit, but I expected that when I ordered (a little motivation to lose some extra tonnage)

i don't give a shit if they're sewn with monkey dick-hair, i want a pair of these next.

is monkey dick hair stronger than poly cotton? which is more repro-authentic? can i make ridged belt loops with monkey dick hair? where does linen thread fit into this equation? anyone have a good source for spools of monkey dick hair? i've got a tailor who will make me some made-to-measure jeans for $60. his name's roy slaper. ever heard of him?

in other news:

ordered a pair for myself and my dad last night. my brother was thinking about a pair too, but couldn't come up with the scratch.

salaami - must spread.

Katz.. I think 36" is a wise choice.. If your dad likes the 550's.. ordering the 36 will give him a little more leg room in the Roy's. And I think the 500's are a more relaxed cut. So, I think it won't be a huge transition in cut for him. I think Roy recommends going up 1 size for a reason.

okay on a serious note, done miss this boat! if you have to many pairs "in your rotation" we have a supermarket. sell a pair! if you dont have the funds right now, charge em! sell some semen or something! (-Z-) if you have to hide em! where a belt over the thick ass patch, pass em off as ur PBJ or STF's!

edit: bills bills bills = no ROYs. actually glad I checked my bank statement before i pulled the the trigger.