Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

it is nearly impossible to judge color correctness via photography from different cameras, sensors, hosting pages, browsers. I wouldn't be so quick to decide that one is so much darker/lighter than the other.

unless you match up exposure, type of sunlight/strobe, use the same camera to photograph each pair and meter using a gray card you wont be able to get any definitive results, and still actual real life comparison would work better.

That would be the case if I only saw one photo from one source, but I've seen enough from diverse sources to make me feel that they're lighter and "dryer" looking. I could be wrong, though.

My 1947 LVC and most jeans based on the '47. Mostly everything out of Japan seem darker. PBJs are definitely darker.The closest I've seen are the 1870's. I have a pair of "oldest oldest" 9 oz that are really light in color.

all the OOE on this page are darker http://ooe-yofukuten.com/bottoms.html

What erk said. The photos so far look like typical Cone to me. For instance...

4730037927_979a030e54_b.jpg

HAve you tried photographing denim and trying to get the colour more or less right? It's a nightmare, especially if you use automatic exposure. And photos can change after they've been hosted, too.

47s do definitely darken with a wash; it's because they're a loose weave - at first they're grey streaked, then with a wash the warp yarn tends to expand compared to the fill yarn so you get a more consistent blue colour.

47s do definitely darken with a wash; it's because they're a loose weave - at first they're grey streaked, then with a wash the warp yarn tends to expand compared to the fill yarn so you get a more consistent blue colour.

Absolutely true. My pair turns into a real royal blue after the initial soak and they seemed much darker.

color is super acurate in that pic of Roy6, as for my pic from yest, i have more patients now so ill explain. that pic was taken under direct sunlight (under a skylight, which was super relaxing :) ) and my iphone obviously messed with color, look at my shirt. cmon GOO....

NOODLE, sorry , i was joking about mine being distresed, if your really interested email roy and askin him to do a pair for you....

but please, please, pleeeeeeease post his reply on here.

color is super acurate in that pic of Roy6, as for my pic from yest, i have more patients now so ill explain. that pic was taken under direct sunlight (under a skylight, which was super relaxing :) ) and my iphone obviously messed with color, look at my shirt. cmon GOO....

NOODLE, sorry , i was joking about mine being distresed, if your really interested email roy and askin him to do a pair for you....

hahahaha...you venomous bastard vin :D...

@NOODLE: 2nded for posting his reply!

Distressed meaning...after long time wear! What is your Problem? When did you get your Roy's? IS there some sort of OGROY club? or is it that your upset because you got kicked off Jersey Shore when it was still a pilot? Do I have to send you (the self described gate keeper of this thread) the actual purchase receipt. Lighten the F up! and learn how to type & write english ("askin") ass!!

SO ignoring Vin, does anybody have any pictures of Roy's they have worn for awhile?

Distressed meaning...after long time wear! What is your Problem? When did you get your Roy's? IS there some sort of OGROY club? or is it that your upset because you got kicked off Jersey Shore when it was still a pilot? Do I have to send you (the self described gate keeper of this thread) the actual purchase receipt. Lighten the F up! and learn how to type & write english ("askin") ass!!

SO ignoring Vin, does anybody have any pictures of Roy's they have worn for awhile?

I think most people's Roys are only a couple months old. I don't think you'll find what you're looking for yet

I thought I saw a pair of worn in ROYs somewhere. Was it earlier in this thread or on a blog.... I can't remember. But I remember the denim wearing remarkably similar to the 47s.

Anybody else remember or recall that pic? They might have been ROY's.

edit: for people wanting to see how dark the denim is. Here is one of grooveholmes' pics from earlier in the thread.

IMG_7727.jpg

Actually a lot of the after soak pics earlier in the thread: Roy6, entertainment, and grooveholmes, look pretty dark.

rnr were you referring to these examples? These are dawei's...I uploaded a few myself but my photobucket account is dead

IMG_7342.jpg

IMG_7340.jpg

Yeah. Those. They were Roy's right?

I didn't know at the time, but I was actually just talking to him via email that day about coming over to Oakland to photograph his studio, and ended up talking to him on the phone the next day.

Part of the phone conversation:

ROY: "Oh, I was at Self-edge last night too! Too bad we didn't meet then."

Roy: "I know, I didn't realize you were going to be there."

ROY: "So- what's Superfuture?"

He was there the entire night, sat in the chair in front of the desk for about 3 hours straight.

I thought I was the only one that wore watch caps in Southern California in the Summer. The last time I was down there, my uncle gave me continuous crap for it. So I sent him one. His MS has him on rollers and he says he puts it on and calls himself the wheelchair mugger.

I was actually pushing for the title, "Minister of Steez."

I thought I was the only one that wore watch caps in Southern California in the Summer. The last time I was down there, my uncle gave me continuous crap for it. So I sent him one. His MS has him on rollers and he says he puts it on and calls himself the wheelchair mugger.

This just made me really happy