Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

I talked to ROY- looks like the last week of ordering took him by surprise in sheer volume. He isn't giving up any info on shipping dates, but I'll check in again eventually. Hopefully by September 1st he'll have them all out, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I talked to ROY- looks like the last week of ordering took him by surprise in sheer volume. He isn't giving up any info on shipping dates, but I'll check in again eventually. Hopefully by September 1st he'll have them all out, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

damn, i wished i ordered earlier than when he made the announcement that he wasn't gonna be doing these for a while. now we gotta hang in there and wait it out. it must be draining though, making these and having to work and all at the same time.

happy to hear from roy even though i didn't ask him about my jeans since making payment. poor dude has only got so many hours a day but so many orders to fulfil but im glad to know that he is well and happy to be doing what he loves. to all those who might have missed out on the email he sent out, this was what he wrote.

Hello all who ordered before the deadline and hello to the three of you who inadvertently ordered right before the announcement of the deadline (I'll write to you separately).

I am writing to many people here but keep in mind that I do count you individually. I want to let each of you know that things are going well. The jeans are taking longer than I had estimated because of a few mechanical emergencies. I have a few new machines now and am going forward again. I've gotten many emails checking on the status of the orders which is understandable. I will just ask you to be patient and remember that I am one person working with old machines and I take care with each pair so that they are excellent quality. If you have a legitimate question or gripe, please email me and I will try to handle it to your satisfaction. Please don't complain to paypal without talking to me first, as it causes serious ramifications.

I'd also like to address the perception that I am on vacation. This is the inverse from reality. By "break" I only meant a lapse in selling product. I am literally working 14-16 hours a day to get everything done. In all likelihood it will be 3 weeks before I get any jeans out. I'm sorry if that is off-putting, but try to understand.

I apologize for this message coming so late. The number of orders was absurd, I've been in cope-mode. Remember, you will get your jeans, they will be awesome.

I think its good for me to experience this.

Much Love,

Roy

Scary !

Vin,

how does the fit of the Roy's compare to the SC47's?

(apologies if this has already been answered)

Much slimmer. I have both and the seat and thighs are a lot more fitted than the SCs.

Much slimmer. I have both and the seat and thighs are a lot more fitted than the SCs.

Who the hell is this guy? Mr. Switch? What kind of name is that?

as far as the Sugar Cane comparisons.... ive owned a few pairs of SC, 1947 & 2009, and in my opinion the only thing the two have in common is the quality. both, have there own unique deep shade of indigo, textures, and depth. however i dont feel you can call the two alike. Sugar Cane denim and Cone denim are two totally diff. species, the hairiness you get from SC for example, totally unlike the smooth, slick finish on the Roy. i can deffinetely understand how you can feel the two are similar though, souly based on the high quality, the biggest similarity.

edit: as far as fit comparison, i would say the only thing that could be even close is something from the LVC line. Roy worked with them for a while so that might have been influenced him. however ive owned LVC 47 's and the fit is totally diff on these, and unlike anything ive ever tried. just for reference, when Kiya comes up with a custom fit and collaborates with iron heart, flat head, or even sugar cane, no body asks " what does the fit compair to?" because its a custom fit and all new. study the measurements, its all there.

Thought I would post some pics of the Roy's and some sugar cane 1947's. Both are new and unwashed. Some one posted that Roy thought the cone denim he is using seemed very similar to japanese denim. And after comparing his jeans to the sugar canes, i would have to agree. The sugar canes feel a bit more like cardboard when new.. where as the Roy's are more pliable.. But the texture and slubbiness are very similar. The sugar canes seem to have that streaking effect down the legs many people like.. where as the Roy's are of more uniform color. The shade of indigo is very similar also. But, once again I think the detailing on the Roys is as good as, if not better than, the sugar canes. I love the work Roy does on the waist band area of his jeans.. the double chain stitched top and bottom looks so tight. And his belt loops are damn perfect and tuck up under the waist band. I am curious how the waist band will wear in these. If it will have a more structured affect. The yolk seems to have a bit more room on the sugar canes, which is no surprise, as the 1947 SC's have a reputation for having room in the seat and thighs. The SC's are a bit more "carrot topped" and the Roy's are more "standard/regular" waist. And, as stated on Roy's site, the legs are more slim fit.

388652517.jpg

388652529.jpg

388652521.jpg

388652525.jpg

I doubt that any one who takes the plunge and buys a pair of roys.. will be disappointed. These jeans are simply quality, from top to bottom.

Thanks,

That's the info I needed.

And they basically shrink 1" in the waist overall (allowing for stretching - then washing/shrinking back..etc)?

@roy6

Dude

Dont throw the Roy thread at me!

What does rnr stand for ?

it stands for ROY n' Roy since he has the boots n' denimz

That's funny. It should stand for that now.

I was thinking more along the lines of rock n roll, but any old "r" n "r" combo could work.

Enlighten us, what have you seen? what is this dark denim blasphemy you speak of?

.... ive been wearing my Roys for a month straight today.

My 1947 LVC and most jeans based on the '47. Mostly everything out of Japan seem darker. PBJs are definitely darker.

The closest I've seen are the 1870's. I have a pair of "oldest oldest" 9 oz that are really light in color.

Why is everyone so pissed off on this board?

all the OOE on this page are darker http://ooe-yofukuten.com/bottoms.html

it is nearly impossible to judge color correctness via photography from different cameras, sensors, hosting pages, browsers. I wouldn't be so quick to decide that one is so much darker/lighter than the other.

unless you match up exposure, type of sunlight/strobe, use the same camera to photograph each pair and meter using a gray card you wont be able to get any definitive results, and still actual real life comparison would work better.

The denim darkens considerably with a wash, I've found....

With a wash or a soak? I sat in a bathtub for 45 minutes wearing mine so I wouldn't have to stretch them out while damp and cold. Did not notice them darkening.

Does anybody have any distressed Roy pictures?

it is nearly impossible to judge color correctness via photography from different cameras, sensors, hosting pages, browsers. I wouldn't be so quick to decide that one is so much darker/lighter than the other.

unless you match up exposure, type of sunlight/strobe, use the same camera to photograph each pair and meter using a gray card you wont be able to get any definitive results, and still actual real life comparison would work better.

You speak too much sense my brother. While I don't have a pair of denim ROYs. I do notice from the scraps that he sent me that the denim looks like the 47 denim and I do remember that my 47s darkened up after a soak. They were gray prior then a dark blackish blue after the soak.

If rnrswitch where here he's be all over this. Since he's busy relaxing on some beach in Mexico with his wife...

August 16th sounds great. I guess everyone should have their order by then? What did ROY tell you guys who ordered on the last day about delivery time?

But the jeans & white T were just done, so what about:

Roy Double-Dip Day? (Canadian Tuxedo, Guido Tuxedo, etc.)

Anybody hate that idea?

Yeah this needs to happen. Too bad I ain't got the denim jeans, cuz I would love the double dip action. We could do chambray and denim. I don't know how to over do the cotton ducks.

When everybody gets their roys this is on.

Also, can't we call it a Texas Tuxedo. Sounds so much better and is just as fitting.