Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

I am kicking myself for not buying a pair when I had the chance. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if he ever decides to make them again.

Great fit, Lando.

ROY's just taking a break. He'll be back.

Lando & Vin, both looking very fine.

Lando, hope to see you at the Mini SF ROY meetup on Sat.

Here they are. A little tight in the thigh/ ass for me but I will get them back to how I like them in no time.

So I chose to go with a warm soak of 20 mins and a hang dry. Be careful because this denim shrinks a ton! Below you will find the measurements for the first Post-Soak.

Roy Fit Flicks (W32) Post-Soak...

Measurements:

Waist - 31"

Inseam - 34.25"

Front Rise - 10.75"

Rear Rise - 14.75"

Thigh - 10.5"

Knee - 8.25"

Hem - 8'

The Soak...

IMG_2736.jpg

The Hang Dry...

IMG_2738.jpg

All dry in the AM...

IMG_2739.jpg

The Fit...

IMG_2755.jpg

IMG_2743.jpg

IMG_2745.jpg

I think that fit is working for you LandoCal.

On another note, I also like what ROY is doing with the overlock stitch on the fly. Kinda like a zig-zag overlock.

here is my post-soak fit pic

4861580919_ae0bec46af_z.jpg

that's a size 34. i went true to size, so the waist felt just right when it was raw. soaked 25 minutes in warm water and 25 minutes in cold water. i didnt want the waist to shrink too much so i lightly stretched the waistband when it was still wet. fits perfect now, i'm a happy customer. here's the before-and-after measurements:

size 34: raw -> post-soak

waist: 34 -> 33.5

front rise: 11 -> 10.5

back rise: 15.5 -> 15

thigh: 11.5 -> 11.25

knee: 8.75 -> 8.5

hem: 8.5 -> 8

inseam: 34 -> 32

^that's so you can make your own pair of kids jeans:)

between all the chatter on this thread + the guys website, I'm totally sold on some ROYS for my next pair.

JP took what America once specialized in and made it better...only makes sense that we may someday soon take it back.

I am starting to dislike all you guys in the States getting your ROYs! :P Kidding! Just that, the wait for them to fly halfway across the world is rather painful, made worse seeing all the great fits and shots. :(

ranonranonarat, any idea when they will be touching down in our sunny island? At least I have a fellow sufferer...

^

With brands like ROY,Raleigh Denim,Imogene + Willie... I'd say handcrafted small batch American denim is back.

No offense to the others but i think ROY is on a completely other level than the others mentioned.

I will buy a pair once he opens shop again... so when are you going to open shop again?

Also Roy are you good with adjusting sewing machines? I've been working with my 110W125 and can't quite get it working just right...

I am starting to dislike all you guys in the States getting your ROYs! :P Kidding! Just that, the wait for them to fly halfway across the world is rather painful, made worse seeing all the great fits and shots. :(

ranonranonarat, any idea when they will be touching down in our sunny island? At least I have a fellow sufferer...

i would like to think that the latest time that they would reach Singapore would be latest the end of next week. they should get here sometime midweek though. have got a few special customizations from ROY, so i can't wait to see how the little surprise looks like. amazing dude, couldn't recommend him more.

I think angels is measuring his thigh in a different place to you, as there is a big discrepancy in the 2 approximations.

Roy used to have sizing on his site until he stopped doing orders.

interesting FA, my sz 34 thigh was 12.7 raw, just about 12.2 post soak. thank god. i woulda been really fucked in the 11" range.

Roy the jean maker does not reside on this forum

QUOTE=Happy Hooligan;2370388]I will buy a pair once he opens shop again... so when are you going to open shop again?

Also Roy are you good with adjusting sewing machines? I've been working with my 110W125 and can't quite get it working just right...