Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

No offense to the others but i think ROY is on a completely other level than the others mentioned.

And what else makes ROY so on the level is his undercover covert actions. This dude was like a sleeping dragon, honing his skills until the time came and now... KABLOW... explosion.

One thing I like about Roy is that he isn't into the whole denim head thing, so I am hoping when he does launch his full line it will be something new, hopefully somewhat of a departure from the normal superdenim stuff.

No offense to the others but i think ROY is on a completely other level than the others mentioned.

absolutely... that is why I bought from him.

A gent was just doubting America's presence in terms of denim, so I mentioned brands that were making jeans from American milled denim in America.

edit- update

6-24 to present

initial soak and approx 3 weeks of wear

DSCN5357.jpg

front

DSCN5348.jpg

back

DSCN5350.jpg

left back pocket + 50's coke church key

DSCN5353.jpg

patch, untouched

-rF

One thing I like about Roy is that he isn't into the whole denim head thing, so I am hoping when he does launch his full line it will be something new, hopefully somewhat of a departure from the normal superdenim stuff.

i couldnt agree more! a guy who has an affintiy for all things classic, timeless, old fashion, and just happens to make his own jeans from Cone denim in his spare time. sick!

interesting FA, my sz 34 thigh was 12.7 raw, just about 12.2 post soak. thank god. i woulda been really fucked in the 11" range.
I think angels is measuring his thigh in a different place to you, as there is a big discrepancy in the 2 approximations.

Roy used to have sizing on his site until he stopped doing orders.

yeah i probably measured it differently than you did Vinn. I'm not quite sure what is the right way to measure the thigh, and your measurement is more in line with what Roy had on his sizing chart.

...and when will you be here to retrieve them? have you had ur hairs done since the sufu .04 party?

lol..I had my last haircut in February/March..where in Jersey do you work ur magic ?

I'll fly in on Labor day weekend, but have only 7 days...:o

A nice ROY bag that he made for me a few months ago..

IMG_1134.jpg

IMG_1133.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1136.jpg

size 34: raw -> post-soak

waist: 34 -> 33.5

front rise: 11 -> 10.5

back rise: 15.5 -> 15

thigh: 11.5 -> 11.25

knee: 8.75 -> 8.5

hem: 8.5 -> 8

inseam: 34 -> 32

interesting FA, my sz 34 thigh was 12.7 raw, just about 12.2 post soak. thank god. i woulda been really fucked in the 11" range.

so now it would be great if we knew where you guys measured the denim at different spots like thigh and knee?...

the thigh measurements from fallen angels r sounding a bit strange to me...:confused:

yeah i probably measured it differently than you did Vinn. I'm not quite sure what is the right way to measure the thigh, and your measurement is more in line with what Roy had on his sizing chart.

for measurements -> BiG Measuring Guide

@kiya: must spread mate!...awesome bag there made!...what more have you got from ROY? :)...

A nice ROY bag that he made for me a few months ago..

IMG_1134.jpg

IMG_1133.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1136.jpg

Is that the indigo dyed duck by cone? Shit looks fantastic. Love it.

Okay so I fucked up on sizing. I went by what it said on the site and measured a pair of jeans I liked the sizing on. I didn't fully stretch out the jeans and now I'm left with a size (or two) too small for me pair of ROYs. I would love to trade with anyone who has a 35 or even a 36 pair that may want a 34; otherwise these would have to go in the supermarket which is a damn shame!!! Just got them today and they are unsoaked. FUCKING AWESOME pair of jeans though I might add.

Okay so I fucked up on sizing. I went by what it said on the site and measured a pair of jeans I liked the sizing on. I didn't fully stretch out the jeans and now I'm left with a size (or two) too small for me pair of ROYs. I would love to trade with anyone who has a 35 or even a 36 pair that may want a 34; otherwise these would have to go in the supermarket which is a damn shame!!! Just got them today and they are unsoaked. FUCKING AWESOME pair of jeans though I might add.

so what do they measure now? I might be interested!

They measure exactly as this post shows. I just got them in. Are you interested in BUYING or TRADING? I would like to see if anyone wants to trade first.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=202857&page=53

it would be to buy. What leg length did you get? I'm not sure, the 34 will work as I need them to be 34 in the end.

Also what does the pocket say?

I might just wait a month or so till Roy is back at it...