Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

Man. ROY must have a beefy machine for these leather patches. That is some thick leather. Not like the thin leather patches I am used to.

^attaboy, Z! I'm actually quite interested to see how they look on you since I think you and I tend to go for a similar, slimmer, fit than ROYs seem to be. The idea of having a more "regular" fitting pair of jeans is quite appealing, though, so I'm going to use you as my guinea pig (well, for whenever ROY resurfaces, I suppose).

For now, I'm resisting the urge to order for myself.... by ordering for my pops!

Unfortunately I didn't think of this long enough ago to make it a Father's Day present, so thinking Christmas/Hannukah. Just talked to my bro and he's going to do some sneaky measuring of my dad's jeans today so we can figure out what size to get him.

I (well, "we" since my brother's in on this) will probably get endless shit from my dad about this, but whatever - I think it's a rad present so he'll just have to deal. And who knows? Maybe I'll turn him from a watch geek into a denim nerd!

what?? why do you only have five days?

"SO HERES THE DEAL:

On Friday, June 25th at 11:59 pm I will end taking orders at this 150.00 price for the 5 pocket jean. This will be all online and there will be no more studio visits for this deal. I hate to say it this way, but if you miss the deadline, you missed the boat and its out to sea and there you are standing on the dock with your limp ticket… Depending on the volume of orders, I will probably need one month to deliver, but it could be sooner.

I just want to give anyone who would have been bummed to have missed out the opportunity to get in still. If its no big deal and people can wait and see, thats fine too. I can’t promise that the price will stay the same when I return.

So, the last thing I would want to do is engender any ill will after how cool everyone has been to me. Hopefully this will be met with understanding and support. I’ll be back soon.

Much Love,

Roy"

what?? why do you only have five days?

You didn't hear? The world ends in five days.

^attaboy, Z! I'm actually quite interested to see how they look on you since I think you and I tend to go for a similar, slimmer, fit than ROYs seem to be. The idea of having a more "regular" fitting pair of jeans is quite appealing, though, so I'm going to use you as my guinea pig (well, for whenever ROY resurfaces, I suppose).

For now, I'm resisting the urge to order for myself.... by ordering for my pops!

Unfortunately I didn't think of this long enough ago to make it a Father's Day present, so thinking Christmas/Hannukah. Just talked to my bro and he's going to do some sneaky measuring of my dad's jeans today so we can figure out what size to get him.

I (well, "we" since my brother's in on this) will probably get endless shit from my dad about this, but whatever - I think it's a rad present so he'll just have to deal. And who knows? Maybe I'll turn him from a watch geek into a denim nerd!

I had this crazy idea as well to make a pair for my dad for fathers day. I'm the same size as my dad though, so who knows. Maybe I will end up giving my pair to him. Exact thoughts as well about -z- and him in his regular fit pants, gonna see how he works this one out.

I had this crazy idea as well to make a pair for my dad for fathers day. I'm the same size as my dad though, so who knows. Maybe I will end up giving my pair to him. Exact thoughts as well about -z- and him in his regular fit pants, gonna see how he works this one out.

hahahahaha it will be so cool if father and son rock the same jeans, and have a small competition among themselves to decide whose fades are more wicked.

I wanted to order a pair; however, the fact that he uses thread with a poly core makes me unsure (100 % cotton, prz). All crucial details seem to be in place from my e-mailing him. To be complete (in my eyes), he needs pure cotton threads.

Fit seems nice, judging from most fit-pics I've seen so far, and the quality overall seems to please most posters. Can't wait for his comeback after his break.

Roy makes a nice product with nice materials. The issue of poly core was brought up earlier and Roy said he prefers the poly core over cotton for its superior strength. You either feel it and get some or you don't and get something else. The amount of character and effort Roy puts into these should outweigh your concerns about poly core vs. pure cotton thread issues.

Roy makes a nice product with nice materials. The issue of poly core was brought up earlier and Roy said he prefers the poly core over cotton for its superior strength. You either feel it and get some or you don't and get something else. The amount of character and effort Roy puts into these should outweigh your concerns about poly core vs. pure cotton thread issues.

I am aware of the pros of poly core over pure cotton, however I/me/myself prefer 100 % cotton. He has my full creds for his work, and I knew of his talents and skill before he became a hot topic on sufu. I have a hard-on for 100 % cotton, so please do excuse my slight vent on the topic of poly core.

Roy has awesome skill in his craft, I'm just going to hold out for something pure cotton, that's all (if you will excuse me, cLavin).

Thought I would post some pics of the Roy's and some sugar cane 1947's. Both are new and unwashed. Some one posted that Roy thought the cone denim he is using seemed very similar to japanese denim. And after comparing his jeans to the sugar canes, i would have to agree. The sugar canes feel a bit more like cardboard when new.. where as the Roy's are more pliable.. But the texture and slubbiness are very similar. The sugar canes seem to have that streaking effect down the legs many people like.. where as the Roy's are of more uniform color. The shade of indigo is very similar also. But, once again I think the detailing on the Roys is as good as, if not better than, the sugar canes. I love the work Roy does on the waist band area of his jeans.. the double chain stitched top and bottom looks so tight. And his belt loops are damn perfect and tuck up under the waist band. I am curious how the waist band will wear in these. If it will have a more structured affect. The yolk seems to have a bit more room on the sugar canes, which is no surprise, as the 1947 SC's have a reputation for having room in the seat and thighs. The SC's are a bit more "carrot topped" and the Roy's are more "standard/regular" waist. And, as stated on Roy's site, the legs are more slim fit.

388652517.jpg

388652529.jpg

388652521.jpg

388652525.jpg

I doubt that any one who takes the plunge and buys a pair of roys.. will be disappointed. These jeans are simply quality, from top to bottom.

appreciate the effort you took to make this post man. it just makes everyone a lot more excited about getting their pair. will rep you when i can. roy is simply the easiest guy i have every dealt with and someone who knows all his stuff. his passion is something i hold in high regard.

giant_beer_glass.jpg

heres to you roy if you're reading this.