Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

I gave my ROYs a second soak some while back, since I felt like I hadn't got all of the shrinkage out yet. I think now they're mostly done. I meant to post the second measurements earlier, heh. I just measured it today, too, after about two weeks of casual wear.

from tagged 33x34.5

....................Pre soak......post soak----2nd soak--2 weeks on

Waist............... 33.................32------------32-----------33

Inseam............34.5.............32.5----------32.25-------32.5

Front rise..........11...............10.5----------10.25-------10.5

Back rise.........15.5.............15.5----------15.25-------15.5

Thigh..............11.75............11.5-----------11.5--------11.7

Knee................8.75..............8.5-----------8.25--------8.5

Hem..................8.5..............8.25----------8.25--------8.25

It looks to be a fairly stretchy denim. It's come right back out to a comfortable 33 with very little stretching, just wearing it to dry. Even the inseam gained a little between the second soak and now. Maybe due to the top block loosening up and stretching out a bit?

Maybe this will be useful for sizing for people who haven't worn ROYs: going TTS yields, after a couple of soaks & stretching the waist out, a slim jean that fits pretty much like a LVC '47. Sightly looser in the thigh and a bit trimmer in the ass.

They? He. It is one dude doing it all. I assume he will start up some time soon though. Your still looking for some ducks huh?

akways in the market for a nice looking pair. my black left field canvas (if they can be called ducks) will be to be by the end of the month, but brown would always be nice. it is also awful being 17 with no steady source of income and a wishy washy idea of what i truly want

congrats to everyone who has received or will be receiving a pair of these jeans from Roy. I am absolutely set on placing an order once financial situations permit it. And thanks for all the info making the sizing and such so much less an issue

so, sorry if this has already been answered, but would a pair of these fit me after all of the washes and such? im 6'0 and i know 34s shrink too much for me, anyone know?

so, sorry if this has already been answered, but would a pair of these fit me after all of the washes and such? im 6'0 and i know 34s shrink too much for me, anyone know?

In length or width? He will do a long inseam if that is what you are worried about. What size waist are you?

It is also awful being 17 with no steady source of income and a wishy washy idea of what i truly want

Try being closer to forty with no steady source of income and a wishy washy idea of what you truly want.

(well, at least I know I want some ROYs)

I just gotta chime in and say ROY is a top notch gent. We e-talk about old sewing machines and crazy e-mails. Go R O Y

You sir, are a stand up guy.

I could see you two sitting around, like a couple of old ladies, with thimbles on, in a "knitting" circle, only you two are busting out some thick ass jeans.

Ahhh, thanks. A breath of fresh air. i thought this thread was gonna be dead.

I bet page 39 was the absolute shit. Wish I could see it.. It was probably the dopest broken in pair of ROYs the world has seen.

anyone have pics of a faded pair?