Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

thanks, my laziness was answered.

So the fit is somewhere in the 47/66 slim not skinny area? I think these are my next pair.

Yes, but the seat is more fitted.

They are very similar to a pair of 09 47s, except for not being anti-fit. I went up one inch in the waist on mine. Long term I will probably be fine, but right now (after stretching) they are a little loose, especially in the front. Next time I will try TTS.

Nevertheless, great jeans.

As an addendum to my last post, I should mention that these have not stretched past the original waist measurement. They are now just a fraction of an inch under that measurement. But the material has a lot of give to it which makes the waist seem slightly looser compared to some other jeans I have with similar measurements.

i totally agee with entertainment, yes the Roy cut is slimmer but the denim is not restrictive. it moves with you, ive never experianced what im getting from this cut/ denim. the top block almost feels seperate from the legs, if that makes any sense. one doenst influence the other. total (slim) leg movement, and a nice full top block for tucking in shirts. no anti-fit either, right at my waist, perfect rise, and my bum is nicely silhouetted, (ive been told.) hahaha

Here's the ROYS after a 45 minute lukewarm soak, and worn to dry. I followed aho's advice and went true to size, and they fit exactly as I wanted. Thanks, aho!

4619934447_72c251e930_o.jpg

They just need to be worn for a bit to soften them up a little.

I took pre-soak measurements, but haven't measure post-soak yet. Dinner calls. Maybe later...

p.s. RNR- jeans do take time to dry, impatient bastard.

Hey, you've got exactly the post soak fit I'm looking for on the Roys. Please tell me (if u don't mind me asking) your regular waist size, tagged size of your pair and their size after soak/wash. Thanks in advance.

Looking good, Medine. I was hoping someone else would size up and post pictures. Entertainment- how about some more pics of yours now that they're broken in some? Unless there were some already on page thirtyfuckingnine.

dr.house-

tagged 33x34.5

....................Pre soak......post soak----2nd soak--2 weeks on

Waist............... 33.................32------------32-----------33

Inseam............34.5.............32.5----------32.25-------32.5

Front rise..........11...............10.5----------10.25-------10.5

Back rise.........15.5.............15.5----------15.25-------15.5

Thigh..............11.75............11.5-----------11.5--------11.7

Knee................8.75..............8.5-----------8.25--------8.5

Hem..................8.5..............8.25----------8.25--------8.25

Agreeing with vinneus & aho- denim is very stretchy. No work at all to stretch back out to pre-soak waist size. Probably could stretch past original waist size, but then the thighs would be awfully tight.

Everybody should take a look at the front page of ROY's website:

http://www.roydenim.com/

Get in while the gettings good.

damn, im am so siked for Roy and also know first hand how it feels to be so busy and pulled in so many directions you begin to feel like you exist souly for your work, clients. you almost lose your indentity and become consumed. I say job well done and he deserves a good rest. Having said that, i hope everything picks up where it left off, i love my hand made jeans from the little company that could!

I'm curious to see what's in the pipeline for jackets. A type 1 sort of thing maybe, since Levis sees fit to make theirs in Turkey now. I hope things don't go the way they often do with fantastic craftsmen, where the sudden business pressures sort of ruin the reason for the business in the first place.

I hope things don't go the way they often do with fantastic craftsmen, where the sudden business pressures sort of ruin the reason for the business in the first place.

Meaning hiring help to make his products? I can't see him doing a whole line of clothes all by his lonesome, but that would take away from his personalized quality.

i want to order doe she have an email ? not sure if he ships out of the country i want some levis arcs and red tab

Levis arcs and a red tab? I don't know about that. I might take it insultingly.

"Hey I love your jeans. Could you make them look like another brand?"