Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

It's an awesome problem for Roy to have..too many orders. Cool that he's giving everybody until next week to get an order in at $150. Hopefully the rush in orders will give Roy the funds to get other projects going. I wonder how many jeans were ordered from people reading this thread. I know I ordered a pair after reading.

I don't think he will. Why would he?

But PM electrum, he has a tailor who might be able to help you.

and dont forget Stavros,my local drycleaner from Greece,its just down the road.he will do wonders with his sewingmachine of russian origin,esp. when he had a good amount of his home-destilled ouzo.

nice fit there medine....now there are at least two Roy's in the Chicago area haha...

And on Roy taking a break and his personal thanks to superfuture (hello Roy if you're reading this), I gotta say I can't wait to see what else is in store in the next few months...It'll work out perfectly as I'll hopefully have broken in my pair by then...;)

OK.. finally I can add some info for the cause. By the way.. you can add another chicago area (joliet) sale to the list. Seems the midwest loves roys! I wanted to help potential customers of roy's with sizing info. I bought these 36x37's for my brother as a gift. He is 6'4" approx. 212 lbs. Definitely more tall and skinny build. Not much of an ass and legs. These are pre soak pics. As another poster said.. it is hot and humid in chicago and my bro didn't really have a lot of enthusiasm about putting these on for some pics, lol. He didn't even bother buttoning up the fly.. button flys are new for him. He just doesn't understand.. Anyway, I bought these TTS in the waist for him. But first thing I would mention is that roy's measurements are accurate on his site, but i would call the waist measurements a "snug 36". (probably because of the way roy measures with a yard stick pulling the jeans taught). To get this waist size i measured a pair of my bro's other jeans with similar rises to roy's. One of the first things my brother said was.. "i wouldn't want them any smaller (in the waist)".. So if you are on the fence about ordering true to size or not.. take this into consideration.. and I would also evaluate your body type.. if you have any kind of an ass and thighs.. I would go up 1 inch in the waist minimum. As others have said.. these jeans are definitely cut slim. I usually wear a 36" waist raw unwashed, and the roys simply were not made for my body type. I would probably have to size up 2" in the waist to fit my ass and thighs.. (i am 6' , 215) I have more muscular build, with smaller waist bigger ass and thighs.

388652540.jpg

388652533.jpg

Yeah, I think these are really going to end up fitting my bro very nice. They are his first STF jeans.. so it is a new thing for him. He is paranoid about the waist shrinking up.. so he will probably just do cold soaks and washes.. he wears a 34 inseam.. and i ordered these at 37.. so they have a lot of room for shrinkage in length.

I should have mentioned before.. that as others have said.. the quality of these jeans is simply stunning. I also took pics of roys next to some brand new sugar cane 1947's arcs and tabs for comparison.. I will post them later.

nice fit there medine....now there are at least two Roy's in the Chicago area haha...

And on Roy taking a break and his personal thanks to superfuture (hello Roy if you're reading this), I gotta say I can't wait to see what else is in store in the next few months...It'll work out perfectly as I'll hopefully have broken in my pair by then...;)

Thanks to rnr and this kind of shit:

waywtroycanvasback.jpg

for turning ROY into this:

4593355057_9c6ab195e4_o.jpg

I'll probably pick up a pair..

I currently wear a 31 in SEXIH07BK

Debating what size I should pick up.. any suggestions anyone?

Roy says the waist always seems to stretch back to its original size within a few weeks of a soak or wash. The length, however, is another matter.

I just got another pair of ROY jeans and chainstitch embroidered around the inside waist band was, "All work and no play makes ROY a dull boy."

What the fuck? Watch out Oakland.

jack%20heres_johnny.jpg

I just got another pair of ROY jeans and chainstitch embroidered around the inside waist band was, "All work and no play makes ROY a dull boy."]

R u serious?!?!?! I may go out there tomorrow to speak with the man himself. If this is true, I am mos def copping!!! Picture???

Came home from work and found this in the mailbox:

foto-2.jpg

As knows, a superthick leather patch:

foto-3.jpg

foto-4.jpg

foto-5.jpg

First impression: superstiff, very nice details, and the fit is spot on.

That's it for now, they are soon to be soaked and worn.

Size is spot on.