Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

just got mine in, many thx to andrew and amardeep.  sizing wise it's interesting, it's a boxier cut than the chambray but i'm not sure i could have sized down to an imaginary xs because of the chest.  i suspect it's meant to worn off the shoulder a bit.

assume it's handwash because of the buttons?  fabric is nuts, even smells awesome

did anyone find the shirt a bit on the short side?

Yeah, I found the sz small to be too short for my liking. Other than that it's a brilliantly constructed piece.

If anyone is interested in trading their sz M for a sz S let me know or if interested in a direct purchase I'll knock off an extra 25 and sell it for $345.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^Billthebutchr...

Aren't the Buck-Tite's quite narrow already?

Tapering such a narrow silouete might be tricky.

Tapering can work well but I think the jean needs to be proportionately correct for the new taper to look right.

For example if the jean has a roomier seat, thigh amd knee then the taper can be gradual and look subtle.

I'm not so sure a taper on an already Slim fit will have the same result.

I'd leave them myself.

Plus....New Roys next month. You could sell them on and buy the new pair. Rumoured to be another cut. Fingers crossed its a halfway between the Buck-Tite and the SF1.

Im hoping that The Rawrdenim link above is right and they'll have a cinch.

U.

I was lucky enough to get a pair of Roy Duck-1 used this week and I love them. So now of course I want to try the jeans - which I'll have to find used as well (HWDC contest be damned).

I've been back and forth with the SE sizing tables and they only tell so much - does anyone have an opinion as to which cut feels most like the Ducks?

And, thinking I might go a different direction since the only pair easily found in my size new is the Buck-Tites, how has the rise and thigh shrinkage been with those? 

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...