Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

Cool_Hand...

Mine are still quite stiff too. Especially considering the wear they've had. 3-5 days a week over the last couple of months.

I think it's the tightness of the weave. They are very densely woven. Roy had cone add as many picks as possible.

I think another soak or a cold machine wash will really soften them now for me.

Might wait a couple of weeks first.

How about you?

UkeNo:

My RS4's are from the first run which must be at least a year ago; however I took forever to get them hemmed/chain stitched so didn't start wearing them until around September last year. I have been wearing them mainly as best/evening wear so they didn't get that much wear, maybe 1 evening a week max. This year I've been wearing them more and during the day but they have only started to slightly soften. I think they will need to be cold washed a few times to really soften up. I did warm rinse them 3 times when I got them to get all the shrinkage out - maybe they have been cold washed once since then. Not really had denim like this before, yes I've had denim that's started off quite hard, but usually softens with-in a couple of weeks of wear, this Cone is something else!

I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to raw denim and I purchased the SF01 from self edge a couple days ago. I also purchased the unsanforized duck jeans. I soaked the ducks in warm water they shrunk and fit perfect. On these jeans I think I may have left them soaking a bit longer then I should've. Now the waist is too small. Will they stretch out at all? I love the fit of these jeans but I'd be pretty upset if they don't stretch. Is there anything I can do?? Thanks for the help

I forgot how much of a bitch Roy's button holes are.

Edit: I'm going to give these a second soak, but there's a good chance they're going to be too big. Pm me if you're interested in a size 34 with original inseam.

Edited by TresUnCool

I forgot how much of a bitch Roy's button holes are.

Edit: I'm going to give these a second soak, but there's a good chance they're going to be too big. Pm me if you're interested in a size 34 with original inseam.

I dont remember where i read this tip from, but after soaking and they are still wet, try sticking pens in the button holes.

I just got my SF Roy's and I love them. The fit is much different then the first pair of Roy's purchased about 3 yrs ago. The 1st pair were slim tapered , these are more roomy in the top block and the denim is nicer. They remind me of my Samurai 710's in fit and fabric. They aren't quite as thick and they are just a touch roomier. I feel they are a perfect fit for me. I have a athletic build with thicker thighs and a fuller seat.

Those look like they fit well. I really like my RS03 but the cut on these looks better. My waist fits me perfectly, but they are a bit big in the hip to upper thigh, not bad but just a bit of excess material. The SF pic seems like that wouldn't be the case with the new fit.

hey everyone, I have an unworn/unhemmed/unsoaked pair of OG Roys (~3 years old?) from before Roy was on selfedge and took orders by email that I might as well get rid of as I'm not going to wear them. I can post pics, measurements whatever but just wanted to gauge any interest because I think someone should get some wear out of this awesome pair. The waist is 29-30. Shoot me a pm if you are interested!