Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

Though I do really like the duck pocket bags it's not different enough to justify buying a pair when my rs04s still have plenty life left.

But I'm sure Roy doesn't need me to buy a pair to sell these out in a couple of weeks if not days!

Edited by Quoise1203

the measurements for a size 33 SF-1 and RS04 are virtually identical.

I agree, the RN was a weird fit, but Im not really seeing the big deal with the new cut compared to the existing (but sold out) RS04.

Yup, the measurements in that size are close but measurements don't always tell the full story of the fit. He reworked this fit for the past few months to get to a place where the jean is form fitting but not too snug in any area.

I am also a little baffled regarding the new fit of the SF01 - it's described as a fit between the RS04 and RN04 yet the measurements I am seeing are slightly more generous than the RS04 – which I'm totally happy about. Is the denim different, does it shrink more?

same denim. I trust what Kiya says, meaning there is more to a fit than just measurements. I*m sure there are tweaks here and there that are not reflected in the measurements. However, going by what is provided, its hard to understand exactly what the difference is, because on paper its basically the same fit as the RS.

Would someone kindly put up--or send me via pm--some post-soak measurements of a size 33 and 34 in the new Roy Ducks? I would be greatly appreciated.

This was posted several pages back on a size 34.....

Post soak:

waist: 17

inseam 35.5

opening 8.5

FR: 12

RR: 14.5

thigh: 12.5

knee: 9 1/4

Edited by leftyaxeslinger

absolutely. In no way am I bitching. As far as I'm concerned, the RS04 fit is gold. Im just not connecting what is "special" about this fit, aside from the fact that its a great cut.

I'm sure the difference is in the top block.

Yea thats what Kiya said. My only point is, on paper you cant really tell the difference. Regardless, ROY stuff is dope and more people have the opportunity to cop some low production run, high quality denim. I think my ROY's build quality and features are second to none. Cant go wrong.

I have noticed with consistent sizing over the models that the top block has altered on the RS models (meaning improved).

I have the RS1 and RS04 in a 32 and have found the fit of the RS4 improved. - better seat and rise (for me)

Having said that my best fitting, most comfortable pair are the RS02 Nihon Menpu pair. I sized these in a 34 due to expected shrinkage and stretch etc and they now fit very comfortably.

After more than a year of wear with 3 or 4 soaks I compared them (measured all parts) with my RS04 yesterday. These have had 1 cold and 2 hot soaks and months of solid wear.

The main difference I noticed that contributes to overall comfort was the additional 0.6" (ish) in thigh width (after multiple wears and soaks).

All other top block measurements were the same (fr, br, waist).

The new SF model in Size 33 looks like it will be spot on for me. Being a perfect combination of thigh and waist size of both RS4 32 & RS2 34.

Will have to see.

Garden Gnomes....

Nothing in particular I'm interested in. (That's not strictly true at all). Im interested in all the intricate design details.

Just wouldn't mind seeing them in-hand.

The SE shots are well done. But I also like to see jeans in the 'real world'...so to speak.

Just curious about how they feel & look to the people that are buying them.

The denim (on my RS4) is excellent.

Mine are really starting to show character (not a lot of contrast but plenty of Character) :)

UkeNo: I was seriously tempted pull the trigger on the new Roy's, but in the same boat as you - I already have a pair of RS4. The fit on the new jeans does appear to look better and I prefer some of the other details (belt loops / new patch design) but I just couldn't justify it as my RS4 are still looking like new. i find the cone denim seriously hard wearing, it's not that I want fades, I'm happy if they stay solid but I do like my denim to soften a little bit! Maybe I need to soak them in fabric softener?

BTW: My Roy's are not my everyday jeans, which is why they've been probably slow to break in.

Edited by cool_hand

By the way, my patch is dry as f***. I've never really treated any of my leather goods, but the patch was cracked and hard, so I applied as much leather conditioner as the thing could soak up, but it didn't do much good. I haven't put these in the dryer, but the patch is real thirsty. It doesn't look nearly as supple as Robbie's.

Anybody else experiencing the same thing?

that's really weird -- I am pretty sure I've not treated mine a single time. I may have put obenaufs on it once after I got the jeans, but I honestly cannot remember. I know I haven't done it recently. Did you machine dry yours or something? So strange yours dried out so much.