Warehouse

Medine

8223777699_75f964cda4_z.jpg

WH 660, 33/34, post soak fit

so looks like i miscalculated on this one, since the inseam is still a bit longer than my liking, but im too lazy to bring them to a tailor (and dont want to shell out more cash), so i guess i'll let the first wash shrinking do the job

on an interesting note, this is the first pair of jeans of which i had no trouble putting them on and buttoning it all the way to the top lol, even though i downsize one from my usual size.

Edited by panopticon

Heavily washed 1001xx, about 14 months old at this point but actual wear time is far less.

DSC00500.JPG

This happened last December. I was out running errands and happened to drive past the skatepark on my way to the grocery store. It was unusually warm and I had my board in the car so I figured I'd roll around for a little bit. I was upset at first, but no big deal really. After this I pretty much wore them without hesitation to do whatever, leading to the frequent washes. Been meaning to patch it up a fabric sample from Ooe.

DSC00501.JPG

The yellow chainstitch is what made me go with yellow stitching throughout on my Ooe contest pair, love the way it looks.

DSC00503.JPG

The lighting on the full size and fit pics was a little wonky, I'll snap some more later on down the road.

Edited by Ignaurus

I'm considering bringing my Warrens into rotation now that my Flat Heads are about to develop a hole in both knees. They are one-wash, does anyone know how much more they're likely to shrink in length on subsequent washes? I could do with hemming these by about an inch as I don't want to cuff but don't want to do it too early if they're going to shrink more.

They are one-wash, does anyone know how much more they're likely to shrink in length on subsequent washes? I could do with hemming these by about an inch as I don't want to cuff but don't want to do it too early if they're going to shrink more.

+1. Likewise with my 700J. I figure that I'll go for all or nothing. These will look worse being an inch too long than an inch too short with the larger leg opening. I'd imagine the Warrens are also a looser fit, so something to consider. Not sure if the two share the same denim, however, so shrinkage may vary.

FWIW, I had my 700J's hemmed and put them through a hot hand wash (to agitate) to get most of the shrinkage out.

Here are the measurements:

Pre-wash

Waist 31

Thigh (BiG) 11.5

Thigh (SE) 11.25

Knee 9

Leg Opening 8.75

Front Rise 11.5

Back Rise 14

Inseam 30

Post-wash

Waist 30

Thigh (BiG) 11.5

Thigh (SE) 11

Knee 9

Leg Opening 8.5

Front Rise 11.5

Back Rise 14

Inseam 29

Fit:

8249804064_60db410e5e_z.jpg8249803828_7706083f6d_z.jpg

8248736955_5eecbd5df1_z.jpg

Maynard, that is correct. These were one wash when I bought them.

To be specific, I was fairly aggressive with the wash - around 60C for 40 minutes and then left out in the sun to dry. The denim was quite soft and pliable when new, but after the wash they became quite rigid and starchy.

My suspicion is that they will stretch with wear and gain back at least 0.5" in the inseam.

poor lighting on these pics, i'll have to take some more later...

8254856103_8c2deb2d64_z.jpg

8255928396_8eb178bb98_z.jpg

8254854837_d7d7857fbe_z.jpg

15th 1001xx, new 1001xx, and 1000XX denim from left to right

Impressions...As the denim for this pair was based off an old Levi's denim banner from the 1930's, you can see that they leaned more towards the 30's-early 40's on the details. I think the japanese word ã¶ã“㤠sums it up (in a good way). Thicker stitching, the buttons, fit and overall finish is somewhere between the 700 and a 1003xx. The denim in it's raw state feels as you'd expect an original vintage pair to feel...Thinner, pliable, and smooth; quite similar to the 15th anniversary denim but darker in color and a bit hairier at the outset. Post wash, they feel a bit thicker and a bit more rough.

The waist is also closer to the 700, a bit deeper in the front rise and a more curved seat. I remember discussion on the backpocket shapes (people confused by the curving by the rivets) but you hardly notice it in real life and it actually fits with the "flow" of the seat area. All in all, a solid successor to the 1001XX, and a new standard for Warehouse-level obsession to detail!

In inches pre and post wash, big style:

waist: 33 30->33 (pulled it back out while damp)

front rise:11.75 11.25

back rise:14.5 13.5

thigh: 13 12.25

knee: 10 9.25

inseam: 32 29.25

leg opening: 9.25 8.75

i'd definitely recommend these if one was keen to buy...had the "problem" of wanting to wear them exclusively as soon as I put them on and find them just as comfortable as the #91 Ooe denim (in weight and pliability; a bit rougher to the touch though)...The red "tab" is a nice addition in my opinion and is a bit more under the radar than one would expect. The above measurements reflect a hard/hot wash in the washing machine (I like to get as much out of the way off the bat as possible).

Edited by aho

Thanks. Sounds like they'll fit the bill nicely! I wonder when blue in green will get them? It'll be interesting to see if they sell them with the red "tab."

Levis trademark on the a tab, not stitching, so the new 1001XX should be absolutely fine for BiG to sell. They're probably not stocking them (but will special order) because it took them quite a while to move the 1001XX 15th Anniv. I think better sellers for them tend to be the slimmer brands and models.

^jonny, you wouldn't be remiss with either choice...The 1000XX (with denim pocket bags) is a tad heavier/thicker which is good for the winter months. but honestly, I can't think of any reason i'd choose one over the other aside from price (1000xx about $40 less) haha

Edited by aho