Warehouse

Medine

those are some hardcore evolution pictures setterman; it always pleases me to see some hard worn Warehouse denim

Gilan, your pair is looking great as well; how much time did you put in these?

setterman, you guilted me into wearing my 660s. I've been wearing my left field ducks pretty regularly. warehouse is just so good!

This question is not for the purists whose answer I already know will be "don't touch!" These are the 660s that BIG purposely left long. I too am normally loathe to hem jeans but I've already cuffed them 3 layers worth to get them this length. Should I get them hemmed or should I honor the sanctity of the denim? I just think it looks stupid with cuffs that thick and bulky.

warehouse6607-25-12.jpg

Sent them to be hemmed. I'll post pics of the end results when I get them back. Meanwhile, I'm reminded of the one gripe I have with Warehouse. Are you guys ready for blasphemy as I dare to post a negative comment?...While understand that Warehouse caters to absolute purists who want their jeans with accurate vintage cuts and no frills, I as an unfortunate owner of two chicken legs cannot stand how they offer no slim or tapered cuts. I agree that their denim is the absolute best and normally I end up getting multiple cuts and models from brands whose denim I like. Sadly that 660 is the only pair I have and it's because the other cuts look ridiculous on me with the wide loose lower portions. I have tried on every cut besides the 660s that BIG carries and each have looked clownish on me -- almost like I'm wearing bell bottoms. It really pains me because the denim is so awesome and I wish I could wear more of it.

it's not blasphemy; i'm 'blessed' with checken legs as well, I own the 660's (which I wore longer than a year already) and a pair of 1001xx 15th and these look huge on me (even though I sized down 2). If I'm not mistaken the 800 model fits rather slim as well

660 is an 800 with the rise lopped off, but it's the same denim so it kinda defeats the point of getting another pair of warehouse.

What size and vintage are your 660s? they the newer ones with the 40" raw inseam?

we're the 2-percenters in the denim world.

we are blessed to be living in a time where we can experience the best quality denim world has to offer__ in [almost] any cut we desire.

that said, we can't have everything ;)

the full repros is an acquired taste.

imo, it has nothing to do with body type or built__ it's about mindset.

when you're comfortable wearing them you gain confidence... when you're confident you exude nonchalance... and when you dont give a fcuk that's when "the look" kicks in.

***ditto, on the chicken legs, but i still keep a few repros/near repros for whenever i feel like "dressing down". after all, that's what my jeans collection are for :)

Edited by BrownMetallic

i want florian's fit on the warehouse 700. he must have sized down an awful amount. but doesn't it stand as a testament to warehouse's greatness when all of the people don't like the fit, but grin and bear it because they're so great? hopefully some newer cuts will come as to a relief to us skinny legged folk.

img77251.jpg

Jeans: Warehouse #700

i want florian's fit on the warehouse 700. he must have sized down an awful amount.

From how the thighs fit, he didn't go any smaller than TTS. I'm guessing he size up at least 1" at the waist. He did have them tapered below the knee though (which IMO was detrimental to the cut).

no shit? i actually want a pair of boot-forgiving cut jeans... i think i'm heading up to BiG some day this week to try em on and hopefully have a pair of jeans that i can put some suspender buttons on for a new look!

went back and looked at some pictures of his early in this thread, and I think he went up at least 1" and cinched them up hard. compare where his cinch is set in the picture on page 12 to where mine is set earlier in the page (mine are sized up 1"). I need to tighten up my cinch a quarter inch or so since they've loosened up after their last wash, but no way I could crank it down like he has his.

good luck at big, hopefully you find a pair of 700s that fit well.

So.. here I am in Tokyo. I cleared out a few LVC because I wanted to help revive the Japanese economy.

So, my newbi post. I have forgotten what all the major Warehouse cuts are... I've seen the 1000XX and 660 in person and am a big fan of the denim, but I can't remember which cut is which. Could anyone add their thoughts on the models/questions below please?

1000XX, available again. It's a slimmer cut than the 1001XX, correct? Is it basically a 50s cut?

1100 - this is the 60s cut, no-one knows how the denim wears in as yet, correct?

The 660 is discontinued - am i correct in thinkig the denim on these was similar to the 1000XX? Again, IIRC, this was a 60s cut, do we reckon it's similar to the 1100?

Finally - anyone know good sources in Tokyo? I"m guessing it's the store in Ebisu, or else Hinoya in Ueno?

Any general thoughts/suggestions much appreciated...

Edited by Paul T

So.. here I am in Tokyo. I cleared out a few LVC because I wanted to help revive the Japanese economy.

So, my newbi post. I have forgotten what all the major Warehouse cuts are... I've seen the 1000XX and 660 in person and am a big fan of the denim, but I can't remember which cut is which. Could anyone add their thoughts on the models/questions below please?

1000XX, available again. It's a slimmer cut than the 1001XX, correct? Is it basically a 50s cut?

1100 - this is the 60s cut, no-one knows how the denim wears in as yet, correct?

The 660 is discontinued - am i correct in thinkig the denim on these was similar to the 1000XX? Again, IIRC, this was a 60s cut, do we reckon it's similar to the 1100?

Finally - anyone know good sources in Tokyo? I"m guessing it's the store in Ebisu, or else Hinoya in Ueno?

Any general thoughts/suggestions much appreciated...

Current Warehouse line

660, 700, 800, all made of the old 1000XX denim. The 660 is only available at blue in green. the 660/800 isn't a reproduction of any certain time, just a levis style jean that would have fit in in the 50s and 60s. 660 is the 800 with 1 1/2" to 2" of rise chopped off. 700 is a 30s 501 in fit and details.

1001XX, 50s 501 (heavier weight and darker color than the 1001XX of the past couple years)

1100 late 60s 501

1105 early to mid 60s 501Z

Recent models probably still floating around over there...

15th Anniv:

1001XX 50s 501

1001XXZ 50s 501z

1003XX WWII 501

1000XX 40s 501 (looking at blue in green's measurements, it's slightly bigger than the same tagged size model 700)

1001XX 50s 501 (15th Anniv denim, standard patch, arcs)

1004XX 30s 501 (model 700 pattern, 15th Anniv 1001XX denim, arcs)

Edited by setterman

FC 1108 isn't a 60s cut. very straight leg, with a thigh that is pretty slim compared to the waist measurement. IMO, just a weird cut, and if I was going to compare it to any historical model, it's a modified and slimmed 40s cut. I had a pair of these in size 40. too big at the waist, and too small in the thighs. Didn't like 'em at all.

FC's denim is fantastic though, and the 1101 is their standard model that closest resembles a 60s 501. 0105 is a 50s shape.