Warehouse

Medine

Just picked up my Inazuma pair, denim is really interesting. I’ll get some more photos up once I wash ‘em and take the seam ripper to them. 

D55A2C64-44C3-4DD0-ABD1-EA218CEBD8A0.jpeg

2DC0089B-C6F0-4D9C-850E-4165DAD97861.jpeg

Edited by Broark

36 minutes ago, Broark said:

Just picked up my Inazuma pair, denim is really interesting. I’ll get some more photos up once I wash ‘em and take the seam ripper to them.

2DC0089B-C6F0-4D9C-850E-4165DAD97861.jpeg

Can't wait to see them, if you still have the link to the original listing can you post it as it would make for some interesting before and after shots, the photo's on the listing were very good IIRC. My guess is it's going to be very hairy when it gets some water, those cotton "bumps" will "flower", I think. Definitely looks different to the two "main" Warehouse types of denim. The plot thickens. :D:D:D

It’s definitely different than the banner denim, I’ve been wearing my Hinoya collaboration 1001XX’s and its much more neppy by comparison. Hope to get them washed tonight, we’ll see!

10 minutes ago, Broark said:

It’s definitely different than the banner denim, I’ve been wearing my Hinoya collaboration 1001XX’s and its much more neppy by comparison. Hope to get them washed tonight, we’ll see!

Yes, and safe to say it's not the 14.5 oz one either, that combined with the no color selvedge line, (or is there?) has me intrigued.

4543-columbo-sitting-with-cigar.png?w=62

@501XX4EVER there's a very faint selvedge ticker, but it's pretty much white/natural. You can see it if you look very closely.
And Ed I found these on Yahoo Auctions for a good price. I just picked the arcs and they're in the wash now!

I thought the same thing but the tag lists them as 100% cotton (although they could've just used that because it's what was on hand?) and after the initial wash the denim feels super stiff.
I'd imagine that the C/L would be fairly soft and pliable, no personal experience with it though.

12 hours ago, Broark said:

@501XX4EVER there's a very faint selvedge ticker, but it's pretty much white/natural. You can see it if you look very closely.

So that's one mystery cleared up, but it's still not their normal golden brown selvedge line which does suggest a new-ish or slightly different denim to their usual stuff. I would say they are 100% Cotton and if your pair is similar to my 3 Lucky Bag pairs, and the other Festival/Lucky Bag pairs I have seen on Yahoo auctions, you will notice that the care tag is slightly different to the standard Warehouse care tag...

Standard type looks like this

i-img600x600-1554202418xuuhys1755.jpg

i-img600x600-1554202418oaemlp1755.jpg

Festival/Lucky Bag pairs sometimes have this or a slight variation...

i-img1200x1200-1553495471vr6kgy1672813.j

Notice the standard tag recommends a 30 degree wash, the other a 40 degrees wash???

giphy.gif

That has a similar look and texture to the C/L denim. I can check my 800 c/l to see what the tag says about cotton. 

The c/l is also not soft or pliable until they have been washed several times. They are just as rough as the 800s and are far and away the scratchiest pair of jeans I have ever worn. 

Here’s my one wash pair on the left that I bought in 2016 for comparison. If those are in fact some C/L 1001s I am very jealous. Those and a C/L jacket would be instant purchases of Warehouse ever brought them back. 

C35F9DDF-1BF7-4B94-9C38-632363012112.jpeg

Edited by cusswords

Superrep for a super photo dump. It's definitely a unique/special denim, I haven't seen Warehouse denim like that, even when you maximize the closeup photo of the selvedge it's very hard to see any kind of line and I don't think they did anything like that before. If you can do me a favor and check inside the pocket bags, as sometimes they do a kind of selvedge finish on the inside, even on the non-denim pocket bags. That's the last question and the last Columbo reference, I promise.

6e6618ca72a9e5cf4bc8b550013c5820.jpg

Anyway, a tremendous score for what was a very good price, considering what other brands are charging.

They look great Broark, especially with the arcs unpicked to resemble he who must not be named. Other highlights are neppiness and offset back belt loop.

Youve also gone a bit CSF on us with the stray weft thread on the front belt loop!

I'm willing to get a warehouse 800 for my next pair and can't find the difference between 800 and 800XX. Is the only difference 800XX = one washed and 800 Raw ? 

I've read the thread a handful page ago about the same questions and on warehouse website. It's the banner denim right ?

@Bobbo Thanks for your quick reply, appreciate it mate. I have the 2002XX in what I guess is the Banner denim. So I want to try the other Warehouse denim in the 800. Perfect ! Any differences between the 800 and 800XX other than the Raw/one wash state? 

3 hours ago, Collin said:

I'm willing to get a warehouse 800 for my next pair and can't find the difference between 800 and 800XX. Is the only difference 800XX = one washed and 800 Raw ? 

I've read the thread a handful page ago about the same questions and on warehouse website. It's the banner denim right ?

21 minutes ago, Collin said:

@Bobbo Thanks for your quick reply, appreciate it mate. I have the 2002XX in what I guess is the Banner denim. So I want to try the other Warehouse denim in the 800. Perfect ! Any differences between the 800 and 800XX other than the Raw/one wash state? 

On 11/26/2018 at 6:22 AM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

It's a slim straight cut with a highish rise. It uses the 14.5oz Memphis cotton denim, just like the old 800 model.
Main differences I saw are an added red tab, more color variation on the threads on the seams and different back pocket rivets.

22 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

They look great Broark, especially with the arcs unpicked to resemble he who must not be named. Other highlights are neppiness and offset back belt loop.

Youve also gone a bit CSF on us with the stray weft thread on the front belt loop!

You forgot to mention the very wonky V-Stitch, very CSF.:D:D:D