Warehouse

Medine

I thought soonami said that they were getting too fragile to be worn?

It would be a pity if they were just left in a wardrobe never to be seen again....

It might just be my Id showing....I sometimes take broken-in jeans that I'm not wearing out just to look at the fades. Quite possibly I should see someone about it.

Nothing unusual around these parts, I think you're in good company here! :)

I'll show more detail when I get a chance, but basically both laps and knees are ready to explode at any moment. The crotch is on it's third patch. The cuffs are worn thru the patches. The seams and the back yoke are held together my stitches I sewed by hand. They are literally falling apart.

^Can't get over your pair soonami...

In other Warehouse developments, I feel like a noob for saying this but I just realized that the denim on the 700 and 800 models are different?? Apparently the 800 uses the oxidizing agent while the 700 does not....Which of course means that I now need a pair of 700's in my life ;)

qKmMxl.jpg

. Then I moved on to Sams and they both got some rest until the hottest summer ever, and they were worn on cool days (<90F). Overall, I'd say about 2 years of wear.

Outstanding. Grail status for sure.

I hear ya about this punishing summer. Anything but shorts here was intolerable on too many days to count. Goddamn...

(amazing pics too, brother!)

^ Results thread: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=63643

Pics and discussion: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=38472

EDIT: As an aside lol, I was re-reading the contest thread and was reminded about all the crotch blowout issues there were...Can we just establish for posterity that sizing down 2-4 sizes on the 660's will make it more likely for you to blow your crotch? There is still a prevalence toward "jeans that fit sufu-slim" but companies size jeans on purpose to achieve certain fits. Yes, you can make the 660's look very slim by sizing down and they'll fit in the waist, but for some reason I doubt this was the intention of Warehouse...

Apologies for the 2+ year old vent ;)

i have a new pair of 660s (length 38). theyre size 27 is a real 32. i wear a 30 and thats the smallest size they had. i love em though, and sadly, i do see a bit of fraying on the inside of my thighs.

well, I don't know about u aho; but if i didnt size down two tag sizes i would have been swimming in those pants!

Yeah I agree...depending on the lot, I was able to downsize 2 from TTS on my pair. Had to sell them as they were too small and if I had to do it again I would've only sized down one on the 37" inseam pair, which is equivalent to sizing down 2 now (longer inseam)? I guess my argument is moot now, considering the mixed bag sizing...:P

Apparently Warehouse wants to be big in the US? If anything I see them trying to advance through Barney's (they carry WH in Japan I believe?) or possibly J.Crew....Hopefully neither, I'd hate for them to be sold by ill informed/non-qualified sales associates who don't know the merits of what they are selling...Was in Barney's today and overheard an SA trying to sell raw denim, it was embarrassing all around...

Apparently Warehouse wants to be big in the US? Was in Barney's today and overheard an SA trying to sell raw denim, it was embarrassing all around...

On what are you basing that want, Ahome-slice?

Which Barneys? Andrew, the denim dude in BH is pretty informed; even re: Triple Works, which was a definitely odd brand for them to carry. I actually think they`re being burned by Japanese brands`/expensive manufacture/traditional fits. Works didn`t light their registers on fire, nor has Jean Shop (yes a `US` brand; but favored more by denim-folk). Naked + Famous + Nudies seem to be their stalwarts.

^Just based off of a comment kiya mentioned in the Mister Freedom thread, I don't really know the context or how recent this statement was though:

"Warehouse is out to be "big time in the US".

Their words, not mine."

At least the Barney's here in Chicago doesn't have the best SA understanding of denim that's for sure...But then again, this is Chicago ;)

^Ah. Cryptic Kiya. Must really be good to be the king.

JCrew is spending $ like water on new retail `experiences`. Considering Frank Muytjens fondness for WH + Heller`s, I wouldn`t be surprised if that meant a WH-exclusive, JCrew operated retail store, or more extensive distribution thru JCrew.

Agreed their repro jean fits are a tough sell to the US consumer, but if you look at their apparel - USAF chinos, flannels, down vests, graphic sweatshirts - its ostensibly identical to stuff currently sold by Gap, even Supreme, and especially JCrew. The biggest obstacle to those items` appeal is their fastidious manufacture and - thereby - cost.

Of course that also assumes that nostalgia for all things Americana is lasting, which seems equally unlikely to Warehouse`s blowing up `big`.

I finally got around to taking some updated shots of my Duckdiggers that I thought I'd share (as well as some pics of my #800s).

DSC_0120.jpg

DSC_0124.jpg

DSC_0131.jpg

and the 800s

DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

DSC_0117.jpg

I think the 800s might have a more actual wear at this point even though I've owned the Duckdiggers longer. But the DDs seem like they might be slower fading anyway.