Paul T

Sprogs, nippers, bambinos: pint-sized denim

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Dr_Heech said:

@Flash

Just an FYI..

The centre back belt loop was moved to the offset position in 1958 then was returned to centre position 1966.

The cardstock patch wasn't introduced until 1959 at the earliest, and the words Every garment guaranteed were removed from the patch in late 1961.

Is this info from the little japanese book mate ? I was mainly using the 501xx book for reference , crazy how much the dates can change from book to book .

Edited by Flash

@Flash only the newspaper piece and the date for the belt loop moving in 58. The centre belt loop thing (1966) is more my own long term research /experience etc (and looking at too many pairs online over the years!) - the change from hidden rivet to just bar-tacking models.

The removal of the words 'Every garment guaranteed' is a grey area tbh. I think late 61 based on type 3 jacket patches and pocket flasher cards. But the jeans (and especially kids jeans) are different so who knows?

Factories and button codes can be roughly attributed too and be of some help, at least up until around 1961.

That Levis book is great but l think because Levis history is wishy washy at best, we can just nerd out and discuss it and it makes little difference as there's probably a dozen people here who would be interested.  But a book l think you may like to read through (up until the early 1980's at least ) is the one by Ed Cray. It's cheap as chips on ebay but l can lend you my copy if you like?

Cool , bring it along the next time we meet up for a pint mate 

Wished my boy liked wearing jeans. Right now he’ll only wear sweatpants :(

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, ColonelAngus said:

Wished my boy liked wearing jeans. Right now he’ll only wear sweatpants :(

The denim is actually pretty soft , I definitely dont want Jack to be wearing super stiff starchy denim so I hand washed them with a little soap to remove most of the starch . I can understand about the sweatpants though :D 

Edited by Flash

Looking like August time ill be going live with the Nippers webstore,  really excited 

In the meantime I took a few pics :D

The jeans are starting to wear in a little , hard to get out and about at the moment with lockdown so ther manly being worn in the garden and whatnot messing about with the dogs 

20210427_10410120210427_104130

And a few comparison pics with the 503zxx 

20210427_105909

20210427_104239

20210427_104352

20210427_104550

20210427_110233

20210427_110436

The goal of this was to get these as close as possible to the original 503zxx and I think we have done a pretty good job if I do say so myself .

Along with the jeans there will be t shirts with original artwork by our own @smoothsailor . I managed to score a batch of deadstock early 60's hanes t shirts and I'm having them screen printed in a few weeks . 

Thats not all ..... also got my hands on deadstock 60/70's made in USA sneakers 

20210427_111722

2 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

Can’t believe you’ve no arcs! :ph34r2::laugh:

:laugh2: that would be a dream but getting an angry letter from levis was never in the plan , I'd be sunk before I even set sail 

just saw this, congratz n good luck @Flash

6 minutes ago, oomslokop said:

just saw this, congratz n good luck @Flash

Thanks mate , I'm definitely a bit scared jumping into something new but I have complete confidence in the quality of the product and hopefully that and the dedication I have to this will result in some success with the brand 

3 hours ago, Flash said:

:laugh2: that would be a dream but getting an angry letter from levis was never in the plan , I'd be sunk before I even set sail 

Make Jack a director/51% shareholder and let him take all the flack :D

@Flash all sounds great mate... exciting times... looking fwd to the launch
What size are you going up to in the t-shirts?

27 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

@Flash all sounds great mate... exciting times... looking fwd to the launch
What size are you going up to in the t-shirts?

The t shirts will be small sizes , most likely for ages 4 - 6 years old  ( there isn't a s/m/l size its all number based on the tags ) but ill have measurements up when the site is live ( I'll pm you aswell when I get them in a few days ) 

Nice one...

Sure there’d be a market for the t-shirts, noting Mr @smoothsailor’s fine artwork, for us big boys too... I like the sound already without seeing any details!! 

@Flashso pumped for you to start this. count me in when it's ready.  

2 hours ago, youngofthesoonest said:

Appreciate it mate , seen you little man on Instagram .... cool little dude 

16 hours ago, youngofthesoonest said:

Same here been wanting some jeans for my boys.  :)

:D and I've been telling her how lucky she is for all these years .... 

Edited by Flash