Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

Has everyone confirmed now?

Be good to know when we can start.

I doubt everyone has confirmed, but here's the deal with starting:

Ande is handling these orders as they come in, instead of completing them all and then shipping all at once. So we're all going to get our jeans at a different time. There will probably be a few weeks between the first person getting their pair and the last person.

We have a few options for how we start:

- firm start date, we have to wait until everyone receives their pair, and we all start on the same day. We'd have to do soak pics with a newspaper for date confirmation or something like that. we'd all finish on the same day.

- rolling start, just start when your pair arrives, and you have exactly one year (or whatever time frame we decide) from the day you start to the day your final pics are due.

- start whenever, finish on the same day. Some people might have a week or two of extra wear on the their jeans, but I'm not sure that'd make a difference in the long run

Thoughts?

I'd like for us all to start on the same day.

Could do the initial soak and dry when we receive them but all actually start wearing them on the same day. That way we'd all be in it together.

I don't mind hanging on when they arrive...We'll just have to agree not to put to many spoiler photos on before everyone receives theirs. ;)

Don't really mind how it works out, just looking forward to this.

Hey all, I'm MDKT07's brother. Been around here for a while. It's time to give my 0500s a break. I'd like to take spot 19 if it's still open. I'm in for a pair of size 34 Mustangs and ready to pay. Let me know.

Go for it. Just send Ande and email with your details to confirm

#1: Justin the Patch Guy. CONFIRMED

#2: Robotbox. CONFIRMED

#3: theotherchrislewis. CONFIRMED

#4: ukeno. CONFIRMED

#5: sbreslin. CONFIRMED

#6: grooveholmes. CONFIRMED

#7: festival. CONFIRMED

#8: Mdkt07. CONFIRMED

#9: Noodle36. CONFIRMED

#10: ntkt10. CONFIRMED

#11: stresMaldo

#12: blackmaged

#13: niix

#14: adh92

#15: d4nvu

#16: kakashimen

#17: faptronic (possibly)

#18: arya (possibly)

#19: lamscott

Just got the proper thread in for the buttonhole machine, tricky old things to get the right thread weights perfect. Got a really thick black gimp thread that beefs it up, the gimp thread goes around the button hole, trapped by the needle and looper threads.

bh001.jpg

bh002.jpg

bh003.jpg

Haha. I know, such a funny name for a thread type. It's great to be back sewing, sheeesh lads it was getting hot in the sweat shop yesterday....summer seems to have crept up quick this year.

Updated list.

#1: Justin the Patch Guy. CONFIRMED

#2: Robotbox. CONFIRMED

#3: theotherchrislewis. CONFIRMED

#4: ukeno. CONFIRMED

#5: sbreslin. CONFIRMED

#6: grooveholmes. CONFIRMED

#7: festival. CONFIRMED

#8: Mdkt07. CONFIRMED

#9: Noodle36. CONFIRMED

#10: ntkt10. CONFIRMED

#11: stresMaldo

#12: blackmaged

#13: d4nvu

#14: kakashimen

#15: faptronic (possibly)

#16: arya (possibly)

#17: lamscott

#18:

#19:

I'm going to have to say unfortunately I will not be able to do this event. Some financial shit came up that I need to take care of before I spend another 300 bones on a pair of jeans. Plus I have some flat heads that are just barely at their 6 month mark and need some abuse ;-).

Best of luck to everyone and I'm sure I'll get some Ande's soon enough.

On the idea of the staggered start: I would vastly prefer it. I would prefer not to receive my jeans and then have to wait until everyone gets organized to wear them. If it matters we can always accommodate it, whether it be separate end dates based on when we receive the jeans, or whatever.

Just my 2 cents,

-Festival

On the idea of the staggered start: I would vastly prefer it. I would prefer not to receive my jeans and then have to wait until everyone gets organized to wear them. If it matters we can always accommodate it, whether it be separate end dates based on when we receive the jeans, or whatever.

Just my 2 cents,

-Festival

I agree with Festival. With the holiday season coming up I'm sure people will be traveling and things will be somewhat hectic; it would make sense to do a rolling start to allow people to begin wearing whenever they receive and then decide whether to set a solid end date for everyone or end one year from first day of wear.

I'm not sure how the start date should go really, totally up to you guys. The prize a jacket, which was what it was going to be originally? Or another pair of jeans, the winner can choose.

A few on the sufu list are slow pokin', so as previously posted hopefully we can get things sorted by friday. I have had loads of e-mails asking for spots, so after friday will have to open the rest up through the shop.

I'm not sure how the start date should go really, totally up to you guys. The prize a jacket, which was what it was going to be originally? Or another pair of jeans, the winner can choose.

A few on the sufu list are slow pokin', so as previously posted hopefully we can get things sorted by friday. I have had loads of e-mails asking for spots, so after friday will have to open the rest up through the shop.

Yeah, people need to pick up the pace! Otherwise too bad, so sad...

If you end up opening up the web store to sell the rest, It'd be great if you could let non-sufu folks know about the contest thread in case they are interested in joining in

I'm for starting whenever you get your pair. I'm practically vibrating right now anticipating these jeans, so waiting will be like slow torture. What if the day they arrive the person has to post with a local paper (date clearly visible) and from that date they have one year?? I have seen this done in other contests on SUFU and thought it was a good idea. Thats my two cents. Did anyone get in touch with ALEOPOLD?

I'm for starting whenever you get your pair. I'm practically vibrating right now anticipating these jeans, so waiting will be like slow torture. What if the day they arrive the person has to post with a local paper (date clearly visible) and from that date they have one year?? I have seen this done in other contests on SUFU and thought it was a good idea. Thats my two cents. Did anyone get in touch with ALEOPOLD?

just sent him an email

Doooods, how's it going. An update on proceedings. The jeans of the first ten confirmed guys are all made minus patches and bar tacks. Justin sent the patches about two weeks ago, so they should be here early in the week, no problems there. My main concern is the bar tack machine, with a worn out fibreglass cam. My mechanic has had a hard time finding parts, but he's just found a similar model Singer that one of his buddies has. He is driving down south this week to check it out. He is either going to poach the cam off it or just grab the whole head, hopefully at a reasonable price. It's a bit of a drive down there, so hopefully he can get it sorted.

Here's some pictures of the bar tackers. in the old workshop I had one of the older grey body models, it went sweeeet. I managed to pick up one of the cream body models about six months ago.

greybt.jpg

creambt.jpg

Jeans waiting for patches and tacking.

jeans2im.jpg

Testing out a shirt block fit.

shirtpatt1.jpg

Edited by andewhall

Updated list. Keiren has a couple pairs of old cougars, not sure if he's on Sufu, but he can always send me pic's of his jeans if he wants to compete etc.

#1: justin the patch guy. confirmed

#2: robotbox. confirmed

#3: theotherchrislewis. confirmed

#4: ukeno. confirmed

#5: sbreslin. confirmed

#6: grooveholmes. confirmed

#7: festival. confirmed

#8: mdkt07. confirmed

#9: noodle36. confirmed

#10: ntkt10. confirmed

#11: keiren. kiwi dude. confirmed

#12: nick. kiwi dude. confirmed

#13: alt.plus. confirmed

#14: stresmaldo

#15: d4nvu

#16: faptronic (poss)

#17: arya (poss)

#18:

#19:

Edited by andewhall

Updated list chaps.

#1: justin the patch guy. confirmed

#2: robotbox. confirmed

#3: theotherchrislewis. confirmed

#4: ukeno. confirmed

#5: sbreslin. confirmed

#6: grooveholmes. confirmed

#7: festival. confirmed

#8: mdkt07. confirmed

#9: noodle36. confirmed

#10: ntkt10. confirmed

#11: keiren. kiwi dude. confirmed

#12: nick. kiwi dude. confirmed

#13: alt.plus. confirmed

#14: philipong. confirmed

#15: stresmaldo

#16: d4nvu

#17: faptronic (poss)

#18: arya (poss)

#19:

edit:

Ande - I'm going back thru my messages now and I see that you need an email from me - with all of my details. I will send that over shortly.

Sorry for the delay! Ive been out of the loop/off the grid for a few days, so to speak.

You'll have a message frome me shortly!

thanks again!!

Edited by stresMaldo