Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

Thanks guys, thanks so much for the support..it's damn great indeed after such a crazy year. Coincidentally two machines are the exact same model as the old ones. A sewing machine mechanic managed to come across the same black body Durkopp buttonholer from a factory that was getting out of town, cheap too, thank goodness. It was in bad shape, but have spent hours fixing it up and had this other expert guy have a look as well. I think the jeans are going to be better than ever, they won't be the same as the previous white tab model.

Thanks guys, thanks so much for the support..it's damn great indeed after such a crazy year. Coincidentally two machines are the exact same model as the old ones. A sewing machine mechanic managed to come across the same black body Durkopp buttonholer from a factory that was getting out of town, cheap too, thank goodness. It was in bad shape, but have spent hours fixing it up and had this other expert guy have a look as well. I think the jeans are going to be better than ever, they won't be the same as the previous white tab model.

Great to hear, Ande. Looks like everyone is excited for you, and anxiously awaiting your return. If Robot can resurrect the old contest list, I'm sure we're all lurking around. Can't wait to see the new product.

Great to hear, Ande. Looks like everyone is excited for you, and anxiously awaiting your return. If Robot can resurrect the old contest list, I'm sure we're all lurking around. Can't wait to see the new product.

Just for reference, here's the old list. I've also emailed this list (complete with email addresses) to Ande. I don't know how he wants to proceed with the new contest, so I'm not sure this serves any real purpose at the moment. But oh well, here ya go:

1. Poly800rock

2. Robotbox

3. Aleopold

4. Crovax

5. Dawei94

6. Grooveholmes

7. Gold Soaked Afternoon

8. smittybat

9. Exit 40 MPH

10. Cents or Non Cents

11. theotherchrislewis

12. Dawei69

13. stresMaldo

14. nietenhosen

15. DOCHUNTER

------------------------------

16. pgfpo

17. Noodle36

18. fobe46

19. d4nvu

20. Craig

21. Festival

22. blackmaged

23. thesmokestack

24. sbreslin

25. heyzoh

26. caid

27. Kino

28. Mdkt07

29. Harry Hood

30. Jackboot

Hey guys. The contest sample is coming together slowly, hopefully I will have some pic's ready to roll next week. Will probably do the contest through the webstore, probably easier I will let everyone know before though. Here is a pic of the new hardware!

buttonsamples.jpg

that's a sweet looking button. i gave up on fixing my button a long time ago. think i need to look into a third party one or something because it's impossible to hammer that rivet nail down and plug the button hole so the two don't come apart without ruining the button or the rivet. only nail punch i could find didn't work out.

glad to see everything's coming together again.

Yeah Rob, I had a few buttons pop off. I was in constant contact with the manufacturers trying better dies etc. This time I got the buttons made with the twin prong nail, instead of the single pop through one....I think the twin prongs are much, mush stronger.

Glad to see things are coming around for you Ande. I'll be in should I move up on the list, otherwise I'll catch you when normal production starts up again.

Ande said he'd be organizing the contest through his webstore, so I don't think there's any need to worry about your spot on the list. The list from another era, my friend.

So I emailed Ande about the contest, because I was still interested in taking part, and I may have shot myself in the foot a little, because I was #21 on the list, and he says he can make 20 pairs tops lol, but here's what he said:

Hi Rob,

How are you mate. Cheers for the e-mail, i'm really happy to be back in action after a terrible year!

Yeah I'm not sure what to do about the contest sales now, I was just going to open it up in the webstore, but don't want any original Sufu guys to miss out? Maybe we should start a new list on Sufu, so it's all locked in. Some in the initial line up might want to pull out etc.

Let me know what you think?

Bests Ande

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 5:07 PM, Rob wrote:

Hi Ande Whall!

Glad to see you're back :)

I was on the old contest list, (I'm festival on Sufu) and just read that there may be a new list forming. I just wanted to say that I'm still very interested in the contest, and if there is in fact a new contest list being put together, I'd love to be on it.

Thanks in advance!

-Rob

Ande was kind enough to send me a similar note. I told him I would be a definite yes if this could happen.

So I emailed Ande about the contest, because I was still interested in taking part, and I may have shot myself in the foot a little, because I was #21 on the list, and he says he can make 20 pairs tops lol, but here's what he said:

Hi Rob,

How are you mate. Cheers for the e-mail, i'm really happy to be back in action after a terrible year!

Yeah I'm not sure what to do about the contest sales now, I was just going to open it up in the webstore, but don't want any original Sufu guys to miss out? Maybe we should start a new list on Sufu, so it's all locked in. Some in the initial line up might want to pull out etc.

Let me know what you think?

Bests Ande

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 5:07 PM, Rob wrote:

Hi Ande Whall!

Glad to see you're back :)

I was on the old contest list, (I'm festival on Sufu) and just read that there may be a new list forming. I just wanted to say that I'm still very interested in the contest, and if there is in fact a new contest list being put together, I'd love to be on it.

Thanks in advance!

-Rob

So do we go by the final list from the last contest? Or start a new one? With all the interest it might turn into bedlam on here. I would love to be in, but understand this needs to be somewhat democratic. Robotbox...do you want to serve as the gate keeper on this? You and the others did a bang up job on the last contest.