Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

There are some new pictures up on their Instagram profile where the dye looks less patchy and more even. It could be due to the lighting, but I wonder whether you'd be able to request one that's the least distressed looking out of the lot. Dye distribution along the lines of the jackets you see on Leather & Things Motor's Instagram would be preferable.

Ooe put their new moleskin windbreaker up for sale and the only size 44 they made they are taking to Inspiration and if it sells there I won’t be able to buy one. :unsure: So if any of y’all are going don’t buy it, or proxy it for me. :biggrin:

^ Shoot S&S an email. I've been bugging them about carrying it, and it seems like they'll be more likely to if some more interest is shown. Their version would likely have a slightly lengthened body and sleeves, which I think would make it a lot more plausible for me.

Hell yeah.

Was worried S&S might not stock the moleskin one, and it wasn't something I wanted to have to pick up without trying on. Looks like it'll be a go for me, provided the fit works well.

@Broark, I thought you weren't so interested in the possibility of a longer body? Change of heart? : )

Here's some content for you guys

01XXS about to hit the one month mark. I've been machine washing weekly, warm water, dryer... yada yada yada...

Not much evo yet but I'm really enjoying this pair so far. I'm pretty much giving up on my Golden Gates for the time being, I'll get some photos of those up sometime soon if anyone is interested

ooe01frontweek4.thumb.jpg.0a284fb0b4fc26b822d154df9cc1bad5.jpgooe01backweek4.thumb.jpg.48d45d70b9fc3737a9d2bc98a225b857.jpg

The Golden Gate Denim is a slow fader - the warp yarns are twisted less resulting in deeper dye penetration. It takes a bit to start fading but it will get there. The OAXX denim fades much quicker.

We have more moleskin Cossack jackets on the way as well - should be here sometime next week.

30 minutes ago, StrangeNeil said:

The Golden Gate Denim is a slow fader - the warp yarns are twisted less resulting in deeper dye penetration. It takes a bit to start fading but it will get there. The OAXX denim fades much quicker.

We have more moleskin Cossack jackets on the way as well - should be here sometime next week.

My Golden Gate's feel like they've faded at a much faster rate than my other Ooe jeans. The heavier weight + deep dye penetration makes the fades appear a little too constrasty for me, feel like I have to wash more to counter it. That's just me though, curious to see how other people feel about the Golden Gate denim that have actually worn them daily for longer than a month (if there are any)

So has anyone grabbed the moleskin cossack jacket yet? I was just in S&S and found that they'd already arrived and then sold out (sorta sad about that, 'cause I'd thought I was set up to receive a notification when they were on their way, but so it goes). Seems like there won't be a restock for at least a few months? Who can I live vicariously through in the meantime?

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, stopped by this afternoon to grab one of those tote bags for groceries and saw it on the rack, a pleasant surprise

Seemed like they only had a few in 38 and this one in 42, maybe leftover stock from What's-it-Called down in Southern California last month? Anyway, worth calling to see if they do have any others, just in case—word is they're making more now, but I guess it'll probably be some months before those're ready

Stopped for some "fit pics" over breakfast

Ipo5v2p.jpg

oE8nzFz.jpg

dGK2cBk.jpg

Definitely on the slim and short side, but a size up wouldn't've been right in the neck / shoulders / arms. Works great with a shirt or two underneath and okay with a sweater, but not much more. Luckily for me, that fits 90% of how I'd like to wear it anyway.

Thanks. So far my only two complaints are that I'd like bigger / higher pockets and that the initial criticisms of it making folks' necks look long were 100% spot on. Both are heavily outweighed for me by the fabric + construction + overall styling, but maybe worth keeping in mind for others interested. I know I should've expected this from a moleskin, but I'm still continually surprised by how soft the fabric is, especially on the outer face—it's really luxurious.

The whole look is a lot more formal-feeling than my other jackets, so I think that's going to take the most getting used to.

I did get the impression that Ooe were going to be making more, and I think you'll be able to pull it off no problem.

looking tasty...

def. more formal... (but layering seems very correct for it)

and it looks like it has room to mould and drape more (whence the quality of fabric and construction should shine)

when I am looking at such cossack shawl-neck types it is mostly for collar popping

and you have one more button you could do up?