Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

No offense to the golden gate denim but I think I would prefer something unique to this contest personally.
I agree on the motion of just a straightforward 5 pocket pair of jeans, maybe we can do the bias-cut coin pocket like on the golden gate jeans.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd be in!  I've acquired a few Ooes now and would love to jump in on this, either 01 or 02 or something different sounds good to me.  

On 7/20/2018 at 9:26 PM, StrangeNeil said:

This sounds great to me and Jeremy. We've been sorting out a special collab jean/pant for Denimbro for the past 6 months, so the Denimbro pant will be first in line. That one will be a late 19th / early 20th century work pant in 10oz or lighter fabric - so very different from an OA-01 or OA-02 jean in a special denim...

I know this is for another forum, but I'd love to get in on a 10oz work pant. I would dust off my contest legs and sign up for a new forum to get down for sure.

On 8/11/2018 at 11:30 PM, Jared_Lee said:

I know this is for another forum, but I'd love to get in on a 10oz work pant. I would dust off my contest legs and sign up for a new forum to get down for sure.

contest is over on the DenimBro forum... no new details yet, but sounds pretty intense! can't wait to see what Ooe come up with this time around

And I just ordered a pair! They will be something different for sure.
Been wanting a pair of jeans with the double knee and having a cinchback will be nice after I had to send my TCB contest 20's back.
Pictures to come. :ph34r:

Can't wait to get them! Especially the lighter weight denim, will be a nice change from my CSF.
I'll definitely need a hem though with an inseam starting at 40. Didn't see any option of having them hemmed at purchase.

@Broark just noticed that the inseam on the new Ooe shrinks to 36 post wash. I wear my Ooe x Bandanna Almamac with a ~2.5 inch folded cuff as I think it suits the style - so that's essentially ~7 inch on top of the hem length (factoring in my wobbly cuffing :)). I'm sure you've factored in your cuffing preference but thought I'd throw that in there just in case mate.

Edited by MJF9

@MJF9 thanks man, I squared things away with S&S. Got them hemmed to 36 so that they’ll be about 32 post wash. I’m not big on big cuffs these days so that’ll leave me a small cuff or no cuff. Looking forward to getting them in!

These pants are awesome! They are totally unlike anything I own, so that's reason enough for me to justify the purchase.
Pre wash the fit feels quite roomy, but I know how Ooe jeans shrink up so I think they'll be great after a trip through the washing machine.
Here are some photos, the denim is beautiful. Perfect lighter weight for the 100 degree days we're still experiencing here.
The stitching is immaculate as you come to expect from Ooe, especially the one piece fly.
QjTUYAI.jpg
Eq85QzK.jpg
eY4omQU.jpg
IVBxmkM.jpg
fkzU6e5.jpg
Z4c5N5t.jpg
dG5ZR86.jpg
vIOPH6s.jpg
7emEqY0.jpg
OrI2gSA.jpg

@mpukas thanks man, I’ll try to get some photos tomorrow. They’re very easy to wear so far, I though the detailing might be too much for everyday wear but so far I like them a lot. Really happy with the fit after a wash and trip through the dryer. 

@BroarkIt's about time someone here delved from the norm and wore knee patch denim.  The patches work really well in the garage and I've debated on donning this style as well just for garage and outdoor work.  Your pair reminds me of Carhartt and Trophy knee patch styles.  Are the knees reinforced?  

Edited by mlwdp