Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Picked up a pair of Hawaiis from Farhad and I gotta say. They're some of the most comfortable denim I've ever worn. Gave it a soak for a "reset" of sorts. Really digging the 50/50 cotton and sugarcane and also the fit of the denim.

50/50 cotton/sugarcane for shirts and jeans is perfection.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice!! Great fit. Looks good w. the okis as well. Great pickup.

Just got a denim SC chorecoat that's too snug. Will let it go cheep if anyone's interested. Sorry for the plug.

Levi's lawsuit ordeal is a safe bet. Most SC won't have the red tabs or arcs anymore.

Got in my SC jacket. Really liking it and I'm glad I went with a 40. It feels just slightly bigger than I anticipated, but I'm sure a wash would remedy that. A 38 would be way too small on me, sleeve length especially. I got just enough room for a sweatshirt underneath during the fall/winter.

SC11980A

• 2 weeks later...

To me it seems like sugarcane isn't as popular as it was 2 years ago? I never followed that brand but I was interested in a 47 for a while and now I can't really find a good source on the web. Wasn't there a change in back pocket design some years ago as well?

Guest rusholmeruffian

Does anyone have any experience with the Cats Paw workpants? I was thinking of getting some (for work!) But I am a bit concerned about the poly/cotton blend in the summer.

^ Yeah, the grey one is good for work and washes well!

Although I must say the quality on these pants aren't as good as Toyo's other offerings - made in China, button fell-off after 2 weeks, had to repair a belt loop after 3~4 months, and the talon zip is a cheapie repro - but the price is alright, and the fabric is very sturdy :)