Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

^That's the difference between good denim and cheap denim. A good pair can be worn, washed and soaked as much as you like and the beat still goes on.

totally agreed..

it made it seem like that APCs and Nudies are made for fading.. and there would a massive loss of indigo with every wash..

in my experience with japanese denim, they do not lose much color with soaks.. only with wear and abrasion

If you live in the united states and it's a personal purchase for a not significant amount of money, you won't pay duty.

I've received probably 200 packages from abroad and never once had to pay import duty, including on a $750 parcel from japan shipped EMS and declared not gift and at full price.

One of the advantages of living in the states.

If you live in the united states and it's a personal purchase for a not significant amount of money, you won't pay duty.

I've received probably 200 packages from abroad and never once had to pay import duty, including on a $750 parcel from japan shipped EMS and declared not gift and at full price.

One of the advantages of living in the states.

well, I got hit with a 40 dollar duty on a pair of sunglasses from italy one time and I'm not tryin to have that happen again. lets just say it canceled out any money I would have saved buying from the factory...

so my sugar cane 1947s arrived today. I wasn't even expecting them yet; really quick shipment.

my initial impression of them when I looked at them and put them on was "wow these are a lot different than my LVC 47s." they are much stiffer than I remember ANY of my LVC being. the denim looks cool and the tab and arcs are a great bonus. they also didn't smell like any of my other jeans...kinda weird.

I was expecting them to measure .5" or 1" larger than tagged size, but they measured exactly 34 in the waist and 36 1/4 in the inseam. So they pretty much fit me at the waist, but the rest was loose. I think they'll be fine after some stretching.

I hand washed them cold, and now they're drying in the bathroom right now. the lost a surprising amount of indigo. really dark blue water.

I'll post some pictures when they're dry.

Erk, other than the smell, my observations and experience with 1947 Sugar Canes are the same as your's. Was suprised in the difference in cut between them and my 1944 LVC 501s. As far as I know all 40s 501s are supposed to be pretty similiar in cut, and my 44 501s are waaaay slimmer than the Canes.

A trip through the wash shrunk my size 38 down to 36", but while wet they hand stretched right back out to 38". Haven't measured the inseam, but it doesn't seem like I lost much length.

Looking forward to the Full Count contest being over, and wearing the Canes a lot more than I currently get to.

Guest devil.beside.you

There is absolutely no slim aspect in any of the canes at all. They are completely unflattering, and are in no ways cut towards modern tastes. They produce very vintage looking fades, and Japanese love em because japanese are obsessed with vintage. When i was a lot fatter, i was down with canes. Canes are indeed very fat friendly jeans.

GG.

so my sugar cane 1947s arrived today. I wasn't even expecting them yet; really quick shipment.

my initial impression of them when I looked at them and put them on was "wow these are a lot different than my LVC 47s." they are much stiffer than I remember ANY of my LVC being. the denim looks cool and the tab and arcs are a great bonus. they also didn't smell like any of my other jeans...kinda weird.

I was expecting them to measure .5" or 1" larger than tagged size, but they measured exactly 34 in the waist and 36 1/4 in the inseam. So they pretty much fit me at the waist, but the rest was loose. I think they'll be fine after some stretching.

I hand washed them cold, and now they're drying in the bathroom right now. the lost a surprising amount of indigo. really dark blue water.

I'll post some pictures when they're dry.

I bought 2 pairs of the same jeans from the same seller about 4 or 5 months ago and I recieved pretty fast. The seller is a good seller.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130347934831&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

just grabbed these babies off ebay. anyone here ever had any customs fees when using ebay? I asked the seller to undervalue just in case.

I've only been hit one time and that was many years ago. 99% of the time there is never a US Customs form attached to the package for the Post Office to collect some duty. I've had a form attached once or twice, but they never bothered to collect the money from me.