Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

I’ve expanded my Sun Surf & Star of Hollywood collection recently. Unfortunately the weather has not been cooperative here….

IMG_2196.jpeg

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Ciabatta said:

Damn, Okinawa restock....having trouble resisting!

Due to some issues at the denim mill used to produce the mixed fiber denim Sugar Cane is no longer producing these year round. Both the Okinawa and Hawaii will only be made once a year or so, making them a bit difficult to find in stock unless you buy a pair right when a retailer restocks it.

Edited by kiya

They touched down today and are by far the coolest pair of Sugar Cane jeans I’ve owned. Amazing fabric, details and fit. This is probably the 7th pair of SC’s I’ve owned and already my favorite. 

IMG_5095.jpeg

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2024 at 12:33 PM, Ciabatta said:

Damn, Okinawa restock....having trouble resisting!

Don't resist. I timed it perfectly and happened to be at Hinoya in Tokyo when they got their restock. Quickly bought a pair and been wearing them since. What a classic model!

I also picked up the overwashed black 1947, great jean for the weekend.

Edited by ColdsnapBryan

7 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Just saw some info about the next "Super Denim Collectibles" I wasn't sure there would be more but it was also said there are 8 possible items.

Next ones:

1942 jeans

1945 jeans

1945 jacket

Nice. Wonder if the 1942 model will be a pre-December 1942 (buckleback 501xx) or post-December 1942 (S501XX)?

1 hour ago, Dr_Heech said:

Wonder what differences there will be between the 1943, 1945 and the 1946 models? @beautiful_FrEaK

If I only knew!
What I got from the videos Clutchman TV posted, there were 8 pieces from one single source, which ended up with the collector we see in the vidoes.
All in deadstock condition maybe? Surely, the differences would be minor and besides the obvious stitching errors we cannot judge if the denim is really that different.

7 hours ago, silencejoe said:

I guess is pre decemberB)

img_2_1718006580718.thumb.jpg.3f7157b022d2a888499c734109b97464.jpgimg_3_1718006605272.thumb.jpg.3762fed6179d6d189de158cc4a2eca08.jpg

In the wording it says that this buckleback model was only made from April to August 1942? Wonder when the second factory opened as there was only the Valencia Street facility in December 1942.

After the war there 3 Levis factories.

Edited by Dr_Heech
To clarify

This is the power of marketing for me. 

Do I collect pants? Yea, apparently I do to some extent.

Do I think of myself as someone who collects pants? No. Pants are for wearing. I buy them to wear (eventually), not to admire, stockpile, etc. 

”Super Denim Collectibles” makes it an easy pass! I guess I should thank SC, really. Otherwise I might end up with more jeans. 

Well, I still wear them so that makes me a wearer of collectible jeans?!

I mean of course it's all marketing. All the jeans/brands we discuss here market their products one way or another.
I don't really care how Sugar Cane names this line as long as the product is interesting to me. And from all the jeans released over the last couple of years, these releases sparked my interest the most.

20 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

I’m more of a collector of wearable jeans 😁

i never buy jeans with an intention purely to collect but when you buy too many pairs, it’s difficult to wear them all, at least in the short to mid-term.

7 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

I mean of course it's all marketing. All the jeans/brands we discuss here market their products one way or another.
I don't really care how Sugar Cane names this line as long as the product is interesting to me. And from all the jeans released over the last couple of years, these releases sparked my interest the most.

I totally get it. The product themselves seem differentiated regardless of the name. No need to justify what draws you to them. Just offering my opinion on the branding/marketing and how that impacts the product for me.