Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

+1 to what Broark said. While I don't have the 633 jeans, I have the Type III jacket in 20oz LHT, and after 2.5+ years of nearly daily wear (except for the summer months) it will still virtually stand up on its own. The denim in unsanforized, and will shrink when it sees water. I can't say how much it will stretch, but it won't stretch like their standard 21oz. What size are they? 

Pretty stoked on purchasing an IH black western shirt.  

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/vari/item/ih-sl-ihsh33bk/

My first IH purchase and retiring my Rogue Territory Utility Shirt.  Probably my last RgT purchase, haven't been happy with how the shirt evolved.  

@Chubacca - I have that shirt and I love it. It's my favorite shirt I own. The denim is under the radar. I got it as pair of my Iron Tux for the WDC, but I've slacked off on that... let us know how you  like it! 

+1 to what Broark said. While I don't have the 633 jeans, I have the Type III jacket in 20oz LHT, and after 2.5+ years of nearly daily wear (except for the summer months) it will still virtually stand up on its own. The denim in unsanforized, and will shrink when it sees water. I can't say how much it will stretch, but it won't stretch like their standard 21oz. What size are they? 

They're size 29

http://www.selfedge.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1195&page=2

^ those. Clarification: top button doesn't button, but that's mainly due to the fact that the button is very hard to put on in general

I also just got these and ran into the same problem. Button and unbutton them a few times without wearing them and it should stretch the buttonhole out enough.

I got the western black shirt over the weekend and it's amazing.  High quality, great fit and construction.  It feels like it can last several life times.  I look forward to spending time rocking it out.  

O0BO3XU.jpg?1

I managed to score this BNWT IHSH-71 blanket lined shirt recently. 

So good, really soft and comfy and dam warm. 

I hear what you are saying about the pricing, not copping any of the new UHF this year because of the price. Just too much for me to justify these days. 

Yea i'm gonna wait for a sale before I think about buying any new shirts.

In the last few weeks, they've released a bunch of shirts at a certain price and there has been a price hike already.

I don't think Iron Heart goes on sale particularly often, maybe very intermittently through Self Edge, but that's about it. They keep it fairly steady otherwise. That said, my opinion at least is that it's a good value for the price. Their quality is very high, with exclusive fabrics and tough construction. I'd argue they've got more bang for the buck at full retail compared to Flat Head and a lot of other similar brands.

Whoa are they that much? That must be some Brexit exchange rate action happening. In Japan they're about 22,000 yen for the ultra heavy weights, maybe 1000 yen or so more than last year's model. I agree, that's a pretty crazy mark up. Unfortunately I don't think the distributors are making a cash grab in this case, just the cost of doing business I guess...

You can always buy from Rakuten to save a nice chunk of change, although the exchange rate isn't quite as favorable these days. In my experience you still save $50-$100 even after shipping. Of course I don't have to worry about customs duties so I have no idea what you guys who live outside of the US have to pay on that front.

You can always buy from Rakuten to save a nice chunk of change, although the exchange rate isn't quite as favorable these days. In my experience you still save $50-$100 even after shipping. Of course I don't have to worry about customs duties so I have no idea what you guys who live outside of the US have to pay on that front.

I'll let you know this evening.

yea the problem for those of us in UK is that Iron Heart's arm outside of Japan deal in US Dollars as currency. The exchange rate for the pound has gone down the drain so the prices for us are very high.

For importing, because of the price of most Iron Heart stuff being over £120, not only pay 20% tax (or whatever), we pay import duty. Plus the stupid 'admin' fee for whichever courier here delivers the stuff.

It's not Iron Heart looking to make extra money, it's just how the market has become thanks to Brexit. It's the same for everything in this niche market in UK. 

Cross post from DWC thread and Denim Shirt thread

Took some photos of some of my IH gear the other day:)

Hope you do not mind me sharing them here as well.

IH666SII

2016-10-23 341 days (1 soak 6 machine washes)

161023_IH666SII_32_d0341_010.jpg

161023_IH666SII_32_d0341_018.jpg

IH666UHR

2016-10-23 169 days (6 soaks 1 machine washe)

161023_IH666UHR_33_d0169_030.jpg

161023_IH666UHR_33_d0169_037.jpg

IHSH76

2016-10-23 205 days (2 soaks)

161023_IHSH76_L_d205_043.jpg

161023_IHSH76_L_d205_045.jpg

161023_IHSH76_L_d205_053.jpg

161023_IHSH76_L_d205_050.jpg

yea the problem for those of us in UK is that Iron Heart's arm outside of Japan deal in US Dollars as currency. The exchange rate for the pound has gone down the drain so the prices for us are very high.

For importing, because of the price of most Iron Heart stuff being over £120, not only pay 20% tax (or whatever), we pay import duty. Plus the stupid 'admin' fee for whichever courier here delivers the stuff.

It's not Iron Heart looking to make extra money, it's just how the market has become thanks to Brexit. It's the same for everything in this niche market in UK. 

Now you guys know what it's like to be a Canadian consumer. lol

Fantastic denim evo nizzel55

$105.00 CAD in duties for two UHF on a full value declared parcel. Thankfully there was a free shipping promotion. I'll crunch the numbers to see if it's worth doing business with them.

Edit: Yes, it is.

Edited by TresUnCool

Awesome BrennenCooke

Rock them hardcore for ever and keep us updated on them

Giles responded to the upward drift in price and in the 666D thread on their own forum. I think they're being very transparent about the fact that the price hikes are necessary for them at this moment, in the same way Kiya from Self Edge has done in the past.

They don't like it but they're being up front about their reasons when asked.

Edit: @nizzle55 reasons to keep buying/wearing Iron Heart

Edited by heyheyhey

Giles responded to the upward drift in price and in the 666D thread on their own forum. I think they're being very transparent about the fact that the price hikes are necessary for them at this moment, in the same way Kiya from Self Edge has done in the past.

They don't like it but they're being up front about their reasons when asked.

Edit: @nizzle55 reasons to keep buying/wearing Iron Heart

They have been from the start. To this day, IHUK is the best customer service I've had while shopping online. I cannot recommend them enough. 

Same here about IH service. When I bought from them, they emailed me before shipping to let me know the size I ordered was running small and then took complete measurements of 3 different pairs (without me even having to ask, no less) to make sure I was getting the right size. Even after all that, I screwed up my own estimate of my measurements, and they emailed me a shipping label to exchange them at no change. The most insane, top notch customer service I've ever experienced.