SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Any kind souls here could enlighten me on the sizing on RRL jeans? I've tried to do my own research and the only result is contradictions everywhere re: the tag vs true waist size.

This is regarding RRL's normal rise slim fit jeans...

I wear sz 34 Naked & famous weirdguy

33 diors (hedi's)

I thank you beforehand....

i'm a true 34, but the "vanity sizing" of the rrls men that i usually wear a 32, could probably even get away with a 31...

=]

i'm a true 34, but the "vanity sizing" of the rrls men that i usually wear a 32, could probably even get away with a 31... =]

thanks for the reply! so RRLs are apprx 2-3in away from the tagged size? how does your rrl fit? (low rise/skinny/straight eg?)

thank you so much =)

Hi there, I am considering buying a pair of Levis Vintage 1947 501xx STF Jeans and would appreciate advise on which size to buy and the best way to wash them. My measurements are 30 - 31" Waist and 30" Inseam. I am considering buying size 32W 32L but I have read that the length can shrink by up to 3 inches which would make them 29" and too short. Is it possible that I could get a 30" inseam if I cold rinsed them? Also what is the best way to shrink to fit?

Thank you

Posted · Hidden by itylerstewart, December 11, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by itylerstewart, December 11, 2011 - No reason given

Getting myself some alders or trickers for xmas this year. My Wolverine 1000 miles are sz. 10.5d and they fit ideal. So hopefully someone knows what my size should be in some Indys or stows. Any help is appreciated thanks in advance.

I would really like a wallet like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Indian-redmoon-Wallet-Cowhide-Biker-Purse-Navajo-rhinestone-Leather-Tan-tooled-/260896873926?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbeaa5dc6#ht_1100wt_1270

preferably with a coin purse, and around the same size, but a few bucks cheaper. Anyone know of something around this size and style for $100?

Hi there, I am considering buying a pair of Levis Vintage 1947 501xx STF Jeans and would appreciate advise on which size to buy and the best way to wash them. My measurements are 30 - 31" Waist and 30" Inseam. I am considering buying size 32W 32L but I have read that the length can shrink by up to 3 inches which would make them 29" and too short. Is it possible that I could get a 30" inseam if I cold rinsed them? Also what is the best way to shrink to fit?

Thank you

Have whomever you decide to purchase the jeans from measure the waist of the pair they plan on selling you since there has been variation among '47s from year to year, and they might have older stock. You'll want at least 32" at the waist. 33" if you want them more relaxed. Inseam, expect 3" shrinkage when they're completely shrunk up (which they're going to get to at some point unless they never touch water), so you're going to want a 34 inseam.

Everyone has their own thoughts about shrinking, mine is get as much or all of it out of the way before devoting to regular wear. Two trips through the washing machine usually does the trick with LVC. If you're worried about using the washer, two or three soaks should work. Personally, I don't think water temp is all the important, but agitation does help get to max shrinkage quicker.

^this has been answered many times already. just go watch the guys on youtube soaking their n&f jeans, it's really easy:

You put them in a bathtub full of water, then put stuff like water bottles on top of the denim to keep it submerged. just soak it once.

Edited by footfeet

I had a question hopefully one of you can answer. Can someone please tell me the difference between 'Natural Idigo' jeans like this

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=8669&category_id=1&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&itemid=62

or pretty much any other nice denim talked about on here, like my flat heads or strike golds are they dyed with synthetic indigo?

I had a question hopefully one of you can answer. Can someone please tell me the difference between 'Natural Idigo' jeans like this

http://blueingreenso...emart&itemid=62

or pretty much any other nice denim talked about on here, like my flat heads or strike golds are they dyed with synthetic indigo?

Yup, nearly all denim is made with synthetic indigo.

The look of natural indigo is different, rather than intrinsically superior... it's just a method that resonance with historical techniques. I like the look of my SDA 103XX which use natural indigo, but they are very hard indeed to fade, and mine have drawn criticism on here because of the marbling!

Do I have to get them chainstitched/should I?

It's a matter of personal preference. Chain stitching is the traditional way, and most of the construction of high quality jeans such as momotaro is chain stitching. The main thing is it's believed by some to cause the "roping" affect on the hem which leads to a unique fading pattern on the hem.

so i was raped in supertrash for not wearing my jeans correct. it's especially hard for me to figure out with chuck taylors. i'd like some public opinions from some real experts...

tell me what's the function, and why it feels unnatural to hide them behind the tongue.

so... here comes the pic.

gallery_123078_29_91789.jpg

jeans are han kjøbenhavn. not anything special

i prefer the 3rd pic

Edited by felip

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic