SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

what is the differences MII n MIJ, sorry im newbie so i need to know..

please help okay..

i apprecite ur help.

thx.

What does MII and MIJ mean?

Made in Italy and Made in Japan respectively. MIJ ones are better. They're slimmer and they stretch less. If you need to know why else MIJ is better than MII, I'd urge you took look around SuperTalk some more before considering buying $300+ jeans.

use search function // check dior homme denim thread

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=16289

Should I toss my SDA 103 in the dryer? It's soaking right now, but my water is really not too hot. Will they withstand the dryer or is it a bad idea?

Depends on how much you want them to shrink. Dryer=more shrinkage. Also some SDAs have a fragile patch, so you might want to oil it a bit before the dryer.

on that note, does abrasion from the washer have anything to do with shrinkage?

i know we prefer to soak because the abrasion from a machine causes more indigo loss

but if you're trying to shrink a pair, will abrasion actually accelerate shrinkage?

or does it have no effect?

i guess what i'm asking is, will a hot tub soak followed by a tumble dry give the same shrinkage as a hot machine wash and a tumble dry?

on that note, does abrasion from the washer have anything to do with shrinkage?

i know we prefer to soak because the abrasion from a machine causes more indigo loss

but if you're trying to shrink a pair, will abrasion actually accelerate shrinkage?

or does it have no effect?

i guess what i'm asking is, will a hot tub soak followed by a tumble dry give the same shrinkage as a hot machine wash and a tumble dry?

My understanding (stolen from Alexander Kabbaz) is that the rapid change in temperature is responsible. He states that Hot->Cold->Hot gives maximal shrinkage, and that movement isn't important.

No idea beyond his experience.

I sized down one on my Regular Ralfs. They stretched to a slim comfortablish size. It depends on what you are used to wearing. If you're used to wearing slim jeans and typically get a 31, get a 30. If you're used to wearing looser jeans, stay true to size. That being said, I have the Dry Selvage, so your results might be different.

I sized down one on my Regular Ralfs. They stretched to a slim comfortablish size. It depends on what you are used to wearing. If you're used to wearing slim jeans and typically get a 31, get a 30. If you're used to wearing looser jeans, stay true to size. That being said, I have the Dry Selvage, so your results might be different.

When you say you sized down, do you mean down from what you generally wear? My Gap size is 31 and though they aren't too tight when I get them, I do anticipate the stretch. A direct comparison to Gap jeans would be good (and I get the low-rise boot).

I am trying to look into buying my first pair of Samurai jeans and I was wondering which model I should go for as I will probably not be able to try them on. I want something that's slim (not skin-tight or anything). Maybe something a tiny bit wider through the leg than an APC New Standard and slightly less tapered. I like the ones in the Samurai Denim Contest, what model are those? And what size should I get. My head is spinning with all this shrinking business. I wear a 28 in the New Standards.

Thanks!

contest sams would be the s0500xx

slim sams are : s710xx , s505/ bigx sam collab , s0500xx

just size down 1 from your new standars size or stay true to size if your getting the slim ones..

I am trying to look into buying my first pair of Samurai jeans and I was wondering which model I should go for as I will probably not be able to try them on. I want something that's slim (not skin-tight or anything). Maybe something a tiny bit wider through the leg than an APC New Standard and slightly less tapered. I like the ones in the Samurai Denim Contest, what model are those? And what size should I get. My head is spinning with all this shrinking business. I wear a 28 in the New Standards.

Thanks!

i have a pair of S5000VX. After a hot wash, they are slim but not too slim. highly recommended.

I am interested in buying some Samurai S5000VX,I wear a size 30 in skull S5010XX 6x6 should I size up or down?

Thanks!

NEVER size up in S5000VX unless you want a hella baggy fit. these stretch like a mofo as well so size down. you should probably size down 2 if you want a slimmer fit

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic