SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

i'm new to the raw denim lifestyle :P but currently im leaning towards a pair of Nudie RRDS as my first pair of raw projects. u guys think this is a good pair to start off with? or are they any other brands with a similar fit to the regular ralfs i should consider?

its pretty much a rip off for me to buy them in stores in toronto, so i'm looking to buy online. what websites should i look at?

What do you mean, like what waist sizes? I read that the standards have a 35 inseam which isn't bad unless they shrink. I'm very tall like - 6'6. My waist size is probly around 32-33 in APC.

you probably will not be able to get your hands on a long inseam in that case.

how long can you keep a pair of unworn dry denim around before it goes bad (if at all)? i have a bunch of pairs i haven't gotten around to wearing.. thanks!

they don't "go bad"...I believe there's some info in the Denim Encyclopaedia on how to store them though.

i'm new to the raw denim lifestyle :P but currently im leaning towards a pair of Nudie RRDS as my first pair of raw projects. u guys think this is a good pair to start off with? or are they any other brands with a similar fit to the regular ralfs i should consider?

its pretty much a rip off for me to buy them in stores in toronto, so i'm looking to buy online. what websites should i look at?

Its not always beneficial to shop online. Sugar Cane's are actually cheaper in Toronto than in the US (still not as cheap as Japan though). Anyway, not sure which stores you're shopping at, but you may want to try:

Nomad (APC, Imperial, Nom De Guerre, etc.)

Klaxon Howl (Sugar Cane, LVC)

TNT (APC, KMW, Nudie, etc.)

Lileo (Kato, Jean Shop, KMW, Chimala)

Nudie's and APC seem to be the popular choice for a beginner pair, as the price isn't as shocking as some others. Now that I know better though, I wish I had skipped buying several cheap(er) pairs, and went straight to a more "sophisticated" pair. Good luck!

anyone know anything about the xx-006 by pbj? considering a pair, but i want more info.. i know its the xx-003 fit which is somewhat of a regular fit, but can anyone shed some more light? i also know it has somewhat of a streaky non slubby denim similar to vintage denim or something.

dunno if these belong here,

i would like to get some danner boots,

danne54241_41875_lg.jpg

or

danne54239_41875_lg.jpg

but i have some problems with sizing...

i'm a us11 in most nikes, and a us10E in redwing 875.

i don't have anywhere that i can try these on, i'm in singapore n no one carries em.

n if anyone can get me a deal with these it would be greatly appreciated...

thanx.

hey. i want to bring my rrds to a tailor.

i have been wearing them for ~4 months now and didnt wash them.

do u think it would be better to wash them before i hand them over to the tailor to make the legs slimmer?

and is there a possibility to make the waist a little smaller too? i would need a 35" waist in them, but nudie doesnt offer 35"s ;)

thanks

hey. i want to bring my rrds to a tailor.

i have been wearing them for ~4 months now and didnt wash them.

do u think it would be better to wash them before i hand them over to the tailor to make the legs slimmer?

and is there a possibility to make the waist a little smaller too? i would need a 35" waist in them, but nudie doesnt offer 35"s ;)

thanks

I pity your tailor...wash that shit first. :eek:

I'm sure taking the waist in is possible, but its probably going to look a bit weird. Maybe try washing them in warm/hot water to see if the waist shrinks a bit before you go to all that trouble.

Are you just realizing now that you should have bought a slimmer cut jean? Or do you like the rest of the cut but just not the legs?

well..i think you could say, that i am realizing, that i should have chosen a slimmer cut ;)

but besides that im quite satisfied with them. well. thanks for ur answer.

i now there are several threads concerning washing, but how hot should the water be? ~almost boiling? or just ~90°C? sorry, im a noob ;)

If you could only own ONE pair of japanese denim, what would you pick?

I'm 68.5" (5' 8.5") and a chunky 160lb. Hah. I have bigish thighs (squats+deadlifts ftw).

I am planning to buy a pair of APC NS or Hipster so something versatile that wont overlap too much. Sugar Cane? Samurai? Studio D'Artisan? Skull? Go extravagant, my budget is say $300-350USD.

//edit: Raw Selvage please... something that stands out. slimming... but i CAN'T wear april77... i'm too thick.

well..i think you could say, that i am realizing, that i should have chosen a slimmer cut ;)

but besides that im quite satisfied with them. well. thanks for ur answer.

i now there are several threads concerning washing, but how hot should the water be? ~almost boiling? or just ~90°C? sorry, im a noob ;)

I'm not the expert on Nudies, but unless you're worried about losing length, then I would just wash in warm water...and then throw them in the dryer.

I'm 68.5" (5' 8.5") and a chunky 160lb. Hah. I have bigish thighs (squats+deadlifts ftw).

I am planning to buy a pair of APC NS or Hipster so something versatile that wont overlap too much. Sugar Cane? Samurai? Studio D'Artisan? Skull? Go extravagant, my budget is say $300-350USD.

//edit: Raw Selvage please... something that stands out. slimming... but i CAN'T wear april77... i'm too thick.

Sugarcane 40400n. Natural indigo, beautiful denim, and a cut with room for big thighs.

Are there any good Denim tailor repairs Denim in San Francisco? My Sammy almost 1 year old now and it is needed to be repair on the crotch area. Beside Levi's store I can't seem to find "Denim Tailor". Also I don't like how levi's repair jeans. One of my friend sent his to the store, and I don't like the out come. If anyone got his denim repair to a result like the 45rpm tutoring site, then I'm interesting know the person who did it. Plz help.

5'8.5" at 160? Man, you're not that big. I'm 5'9" 180lbs (squats and deadlifts too.:rolleyes: ) and can still fit into a pair of Imperial Dukes. Your budget covers pretty much everything on the market that's not natural indigo dyed slub like Oni Shoai or KMW AWA. Go with erbs suggestion of SC natural indigo. Straight cut with room in the thigh, but if you want something slimming, you should go for something like Samurai 710 or PBJ 005 rather than size down one in the waist of SC (because SC is already one size smaller in the waist - and you might not fit.)

5'8.5" at 160? Man, you're not that big. I'm 5'9" 180lbs (squats and deadlifts too.:rolleyes: ) and can still fit into a pair of Imperial Dukes. Your budget covers pretty much everything on the market that's not natural indigo dyed slub like Oni Shoai or KMW AWA. Go with erbs suggestion of SC natural indigo. Straight cut with room in the thigh, but if you want something slimming, you should go for something like Samurai 710 or PBJ 005 rather than size down one in the waist of SC (because SC is already one size smaller in the waist - and you might not fit.)

hehe, i'm just emphasising that i'm not stick-figury like dior homme models =) seems like much of the SuFu population is of the tall-thin type. mesomorph, right? well... i'm shortish and fatish. and i'm not way as ripped as your avatar, ahaha. so yes, 160lb... generally wear sz30. measured 36" at my ass, and 21.5" at my thigh.....

I'm not a fan of boot cut. Straight cut is cool, but my calves aren't that big (b/c i'm more fat than a bodybuilder) so I don't want it to be super loose down there. I'm liking the Samurai 710. How about the Skull 5010xx? I will google more for pics. Thanks =)

hehe, i'm just emphasising that i'm not stick-figury like dior homme models =) seems like much of the SuFu population is of the tall-thin type. mesomorph, right? well... i'm shortish and fatish. and i'm not way as ripped as your avatar, ahaha. so yes, 160lb... generally wear sz30. measured 36" at my ass, and 21.5" at my thigh.....

I'm not a fan of boot cut. Straight cut is cool, but my calves aren't that big (b/c i'm more fat than a bodybuilder) so I don't want it to be super loose down there. I'm liking the Samurai 710. How about the Skull 5010xx? I will google more for pics. Thanks =)

PICS?

I would go with the 710s.

I'm looking at the Skull 5010 myself. hmm, I don't remember the SC40400 having a bootcut. might have to go have another look at it. You're pretty big in the seat for a size 30 waist. do you have to size up sometimes? I normally wear a 32-34, waist 34, thigh 24 (upper thigh, below crotch 25.5). I have to size up on the waist of some slim fit jeans to fit my thighs. I usually measure jeans off the thigh, because the waist will always stretch.

I wish I was that ripped. That's Jay Cutler's leg forthe curious. I tried to find a pic of Tom Platz's legs, but no luck.

I'm looking at the Skull 5010 myself. hmm, I don't remember the SC40400 having a bootcut. might have to go have another look at it. You're pretty big in the seat for a size 30 waist. do you have to size up sometimes? I normally wear a 32-34, waist 34, thigh 24 (upper thigh, below crotch 25.5). I have to size up on the waist of some slim fit jeans to fit my thighs. I usually measure jeans off the thigh, because the waist will always stretch.

I wish I was that ripped. That's Jay Cutler's leg forthe curious. I tried to find a pic of Tom Platz's legs, but no luck.

I have an ass like a girl. It's pretty hot if I say so myself lmao. Anyway I measure around 31 in the waist. Yeah, that's weird. I don't really own a pair of decent jeans yet. I scoured local sources for a sz28 APC NS but can't find it :( I want to try it on before ordering online. It's just my bday is coming up so I'm choosing something "special" from Japan for it....

Do you think I can rock the 710s? Or the 5010xx? (I'm intrigued by the ass-patch)

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic