SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I have two pairs at 4 months. I have read Poly's new found love for machine washing.

Besides the shape is stretched there is little reason (ok and I miss the stiffness) to actually wash the jeans, they are not all that dirty and I like the look of road salt.

Is there any logic for doing another soak? Or stick it out and get to 6+ or never wash?

Will a cold or hot soak do anything? Will a soak with no mechanical agitation produce any contrast?

So, wash?

SO, soak (hot or cold)?

So, do nothing?

I have two pairs at 4 months. I have read Poly's new found love for machine washing.

Besides the shape is stretched there is little reason (ok and I miss the stiffness) to actually wash the jeans, they are not all that dirty and I like the look of road salt.

Is there any logic for doing another soak? Or stick it out and get to 6+ or never wash?

Will a cold or hot soak do anything? Will a soak with no mechanical agitation produce any contrast?

So, wash?

SO, soak (hot or cold)?

So, do nothing?

Just wash them bitches and hang dry…

For those who have a sz 28 APC New Standard, what is the actual waist measurement? Thanks.

i have a apc 28 and the waist has stretched out to about 32. if i was smaller, it probably would have stretched less. if i was larger, it could stretch out more. apc's can really stretch.

Any suggestions for wallets which fit better with jeans with larger back pockets ( ex. imperials) ?
what a strange question. large wallets i suppose. check out rakuten.co.jp/kc-s. red moon is popular as well. there's a bunch of others but those two came quickly to mind.

don't think this is a bad question, but i think travis has a good answer. i've seen redmoon's long wallets with nudies' large pockets and i think they looked very good. personally, the long redmoons are way too big for my main jeans (omnigod, eternal, sdas) but if i was wearing nudies and/or imperials, i'd consider it.

i already mentioned this in the leather goods thread, but imo it doesn't look too good when you have wallets that are too tiny for your pockets so that you get tiny wallet fades.

i just recently bought some rigid uniqlo denim. but it doesnt state that its raw. and i just want to know if i wash it will it be in the same condition? im from nyc. so if anyone from nyc bought a pair of regular originals. i think the tag says its S_002

nah, just take it to someone who has experience with denim.
yeah, i didn't mean it for me to sound like i would repair it. i just wanted to know if a tailor would be able to. so i guess the answer is yes.

thanks

That will happen no matter what if the jeans are too long or if your cuffs drag behind the heels... You could hem them or re-enforce from the back...
this isn't my doing, it's an auction i'm watching. thanks though.

Hot water hot dryer.

Jeans are tough, especially good ones they wont get hurt. wash them by themselves in the smallest load you can tho, because yeah, you dont want everything in the wash turning blue with them (well if you have some faded black t's that can come in handy to take out the faded-ness)

Hot water hot dryer.

Jeans are tough, especially good ones they wont get hurt. wash them by themselves in the smallest load you can tho, because yeah, you dont want everything in the wash turning blue with them (well if you have some faded black t's that can come in handy to take out the faded-ness)

should i place or fold them in the washer/ dryer in any specific way?

You think?

What is the benifit? Just curious, I am so on the fence about this!

If you are worried about indigo loss, you should just cold soak and hang dry. Agitation is what usually causes the color loss. However, if you have really good quality denim, (ie. Samurai or SugarCane) then your color loss will be minimal even if you toss it into the machine. But if you stick a pair of Levi's in there, it'll change like 3 shades lighter, with some white showing.

Oh yes and wash/soak inside out like everyone here says.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic