SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I've been wearing a pair of sd-103's for about six months and I'm thinking of giving them a cold wash just because they need it. I soaked them when I first got them and they pretty much came down to size. I'm wondering if these are going to shrink some more on me (ala Samurai) or if that first soak got the shrinkage out. The answer will determine whether or not I put them in the dryer.

So i have some APC NS and i'm looking for another nice slim pair of dry jeans. as close to 7inch hem as possible in 30ish sizes. i thought slim jims would be a good idea but they're 8, as are pbj xx005s

what should i look into? japanese would be nice but it'd be even nicer to try them on in person

So i have some APC NS and i'm looking for another nice slim pair of dry jeans. as close to 7inch hem as possible in 30ish sizes. i thought slim jims would be a good idea but they're 8, as are pbj xx005s

what should i look into? japanese would be nice but it'd be even nicer to try them on in person

I bought (and sold) a pair of Slim Jim Dry Japans that had been tapered, and the leg opening was closer to 7. You might just want to check out the Jims and get them professionally tailored?

i don't think you can prevent bleeding, it's inherent to the dyework. not unless you're talking about applying resin or some similar coat to the jeans.

So I guess I cannot wear these jeans with anything white, with any shirt except black tucked in, and I'll have to wash my hands and face at least 6 times a day on days I wear them. That's annoying.

Can a tailor shrink a waist size like 3'' and have the legs cut into a slimmer shape?

The pair of jeans I'm trying to alter is sort of unwashed. Looking for a tailor in NYC to do a fine job on it. I been recommended one on mercer and bleeker

It's these jeans on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/DIESEl-YARIK-jeans-34-34-brand-new_W0QQitemZ330092444556QQihZ014QQcategoryZ11483QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Can a tailor shrink a waist size like 3'' and have the legs cut into a slimmer shape?

The pair of jeans I'm trying to alter is sort of unwashed. Looking for a tailor in NYC to do a fine job on it. I been recommended one on mercer and bleeker

It's these jeans on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/DIESEl-YARIK-jeans-34-34-brand-new_W0QQitemZ330092444556QQihZ014QQcategoryZ11483QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

it's possible... but it's akin to fully recutting the jean. it will cost too much, and even if they turn out "ok" they're still going to look off.

spend your money elsewhere :)

So I guess I cannot wear these jeans with anything white, with any shirt except black tucked in, and I'll have to wash my hands and face at least 6 times a day on days I wear them. That's annoying.

Just do a soak on your jeans, man. It'll help knock some of the loose indigo that's coming off out. It won't screw up your fade or anything. Just do a cold or hot soak in your tub for an hour and then hang dry. You'll notice less bleeding.

is the bleeding really smurf-esque? perhaps you should consult with DDML and the like, who've had experience dealing with the sugar cane blues.

zehero - i can't see it clearly, but i guess so. a less shaky pic would be great, because it looks a bit like an overlocked finish on my screen.

is the bleeding really smurf-esque? perhaps you should consult with DDML and the like, who've had experience dealing with the sugar cane blues.

The first day I wore them, when i took them off, there was a visable amount of dye over the entire surface area of my legs except what was covered by my boxers. The water ran blue in the shower.

The first day I wore them, when i took them off, there was a visable amount of dye over the entire surface area of my legs except what was covered by my boxers. The water ran blue in the shower.

According to the Federal Safety Regulatory Comitee, because of the nature of certain chemicals used in denim to set color into the cotton fibers, the indigo undergoes chemical change which causes it to become cancerous. The saftely guidelines mandate that any amount of exess indigo exposure over three grams [the equivalent of a teespoon] per day is a major safety hazard, and with time, will cause malignant tumors in the kidneys, and in rarer instances, the brain.

good game, my friend.

According to the Federal Safety Regulatory Comitee, because of the nature of certain chemicals used in denim to set color into the cotton fibers, the indigo undergoes chemical change which causes it to become cancerous. The saftely guidelines mandate that any amount of exess indigo exposure over three grams [the equivalent of a teespoon] per day is a major safety hazard, and with time, will cause malignant tumors in the kidneys, and in rarer instances, the brain.

good game, my friend.

O man, I'd better go burn all my $200 japanese jeans. You guys should too!

Any serious suggestions? :)

i bought a pair of samurai s510xx II 19oz on december, and soaked em in warm water for 2 hours and all. now the fit is starting to become loose, should i give it another soak, but in hot water this time? im afraid i might lose some progress on the fade and all...

Question - will STFs shrink more with additional soaks after the first wash?

I soaked a pair of 47s in hot water for a couple hours. They didn't shrink as much as I'd hoped (10%). Will they shrink more with a couple more soaks? Thanks.

i have the same question. my stf's shrank 10% already and i'm wondering if they have any more potential to shrink. they fit fine, but i'd like them to be a bit tighter.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic