SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Guest jeffvyain
I don't really think I'm ready to spend $200-250 on jeans yet, so is there any nice raw denim for about $100-150? Thanks in advance.

quite a few japanese raws you can buy off of rakuten for 150ish. some models of sugarcanes for example. if you don't want the hassle, you can always go for APCs, which you can find just about anywhere. check the APC thread.

may i make a suggestion, though...

do a lot of research. if you know you're good for the raw thing, it's going to be worth it to you to get the good stuff the first time around. remember, you're spending 6 months to a year in these jeans and only these jeans. if it takes an extra hundred dollars to be able to look down and really admire your leg coverings and stay interested in them for that amount of time, it's going to be worth it.

what other kinds of jeans fit similar to the APC new standards? i was considering getting the new standards but i got the rescues instead, and i'm just not keen on buying two pairs from the same brand. anyone know of any good, raw denim similar to the new standards?

Go to 35". You'll still have plenty of stacking and won't look excessively foolish like a lot of the short dior wearers here. They're not meant to stack for people who are a 28-30" inseam. You'll still get that dior stacked look with 35".

Go to 35". You'll still have plenty of stacking and won't look excessively foolish like a lot of the short dior wearers here. They're not meant to stack for people who are a 28-30" inseam. You'll still get that dior stacked look with 35".

Er... 5' 8" is about a 31" true inseam... as to a 28" inseam, I don't think many SFers are 5' 2", and I doubt they rock Diors!

But you're right, 35" is a good amount of stacking at 5' 8"... I'm around about that height, and I get enough at 34".

What is the most effective way to shrink jeans? I've put the jeans on the hottest water there could be in the tub and then warm tumble dried it, but I want more shrinkage, tell me how and getting a smaller size is not an option.

Nah, altering it isn't an option either, just doing it straight up with soaks, drying machine, or whatever persoanl methods to shrink, and I'm trying to shrink everything about the jeans, from waist, thighs, and calves.

Sell them on the supermarket and move on with your life. Sorry man. You can't tell us that you can't sell them or get them tailored and expect a magic shrinking secret. The only way is hot soak and tumble dry. If you've done that, i'm sorry. You can usually get decent money back in the supermarket for when you want to buy new jeans.

Um. I'm actually shrinking them for my girlfriend because she bought the smallest size for geishas and the overall cut for those jeans are horrible for women and Kiya gave her a discount to buy the geishas so we're just messing around with the jeans. We already shrunk it 2 inches overall (thighs, calves, rise, wasit) and we're just trying to get it a good 1-2 more inches and then content. So no at selling.

The geishas aren't really a "flattering" cut on women. I've only seen them kinda baggy. Shrinking 1-2 inches after you already shrunk them is asking a whole lot. You're basically asking for 1 size or 2 down on your jeans. Even if you do shrink these an inch, they'll probably stretch back out immediately and won't be permanent. I don't know what you want people to tell you. There is no magic sufu trick. Buying jeans too big is the one thing you can't really fix. You can hem stuff and taper, but you can't just redo the whole thing. Sorry man. Maybe you can have a japanese bid service person sell it on yahoo japan auction for you since you'll probably get more action on that.

What about putting the jeans in a cauldren pot and stir it in boiling hot water and after that deep freezing it wet so the threads contract closer like sweaty balls in cold weather and after that throw the frozen jeans in the overdry tumbling machine? might work?

concerning the Eternal 811, which website gives a more accurate measurement of the jean; Bears or Blue in Green. If these two are both bogus is there a site which gives the best representation?

Based on what I've read in the Eternal thread, I would say that the measurements posted on BiG give a good representation of the 811s. For the one wash pairs, you can go true to size or size up one.

For the last couple of months I've completely rinsed my slim jims, the rest of my collection is regular to loose fitting denim and slim jims are as 'skinny' as I get tbh. I'm looking to get a new pair but fancy a change, Don't want to spend a fortune as I can see the phase passing but what are similar fits to slim jims? I don't mind a tad tighter..

cheers

Quick question, I know that fake Dior Homme T shirts exist but do fake DH jeans exist? And if so, How do you tell the difference? ie.

http://i6.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/8e/d0/ec12_1.JPG

Thanks!

There's fake EVERYTHING out there...you wouldn't believe what people are capable of copying. The best thing to do is compare them to jeans on a reputable website (luisaviaroma.com for example). On ebay, a good tactic is to send questions asking if they'll guarantee authenticity...if they're fake, you usually won't get a reply, and if you get a positive response, you can use that in your defence if you have a dispute.

...and if its too good to be true, it usually is.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic