SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

The fit looks odd. Haha, sorry for being so picky.

If you're fussy you might just wanna take a favourite pair to the tailor and ask if they can embroider them for you....as you mentioned. Or you could always purchase a commercial embroidery machine, have an artist design something, and the put it on the ass of your made-to-measure jeans. :D

Does Zoovillage offer shipping to the states ? How much is conversion fee usually ?

Seems like they don't, someone confirm please.

I've already sent email, asking.

Says in their FAQ:

Can anyone shop at Zoovillage?

No. You have to be a member (become one here), over 18 years of age and live in Europe.

Didn't take pictures of it before, because didn't have the camera at the time but the outline with shoelaces is the original size of the jeans, this is how much it shrunk:

IMG_4084.jpg

If anybody got's any new nifty ideas to shrink. comments please.

Um. I'm actually shrinking them for my girlfriend because she bought the smallest size for geishas and the overall cut for those jeans are horrible for women and Kiya gave her a discount to buy the geishas so we're just messing around with the jeans. We already shrunk it 2 inches overall (thighs, calves, rise, wasit) and we're just trying to get it a good 1-2 more inches and then content. So no at selling.

my jeans are slighly on the baggy side. and my honeycombs were slightly rounded. i starched my jeans and sat cross legged for a couple hours. now my honey combs are small and look like the honeycombs on tighter jeans. will thismess up my final results when i wash?

my jeans are slighly on the baggy side. and my honeycombs were slightly rounded. i starched my jeans and sat cross legged for a couple hours. now my honey combs are small and look like the honeycombs on tighter jeans. will thismess up my final results when i wash?

how would it mess up your "results"...?

The 47 comes in different inseams, up to 38" I believe. Probably don't come that long for each waist size though. Don't own them, so can't tell you how much they shrink. According to the Levi's website, its 3-4 inches.

1. Why are Samurai jeans so popular? What sets them apart in terms of quality, fit, appearance?

2. How much do sanforized jeans shrink in the inseam? Let's assume you machine cold wash once every three or four months, after one year? Let's say you wear them one day a week.

3. What casual shoes work best with slim fit and skinny fit jeans? Chucks? Vans? Others?

Allcap

I've bought a pair of very fitted Levi's 527's. The wash is a very light blue, almost baby blue. I remember reading somewhere that darker denim is more appropriate for fall and winter, whereas lighter blue denim is more appropriate for warmer months. Does anyone subscribe to this theory?

Also, while the 527's are a very light blue wash, it is not destroyed. I'm thinking of scuffing them up for a destroyed look. Is this look "out," or are people still wearing this type of style?

Allcap

1. Why are Samurai jeans so popular? What sets them apart in terms of quality, fit, appearance?

Good quality and the appearance/fit would depend on the model.

2. How much do sanforized jeans shrink in the inseam? Let's assume you machine cold wash once every three or four months, after one year? Let's say you wear them one day a week.

Sanforized should not shrink much from very little to nonexistant.

3. What casual shoes work best with slim fit and skinny fit jeans? Chucks? Vans? Others?

IMO, it matters on the cut of jeans but typically I just wear chukkas.

and to the theory, i think that is false.

i think samurais are also popular cause they are fairly easy to come by. from what everyone says its like they just email and order without much trouble

ive purchased a pair of 501xx stf for novelty

and i put them in hottest tap water soak

however i notice that the tub water is getting very dark

does that mean im losing indigo?

i would think so...they aren't dirty or anything, no?

also, if you observe the water turning yellow, that would be the sizing (starch) in the denim from the manufacturing process.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic