SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

New here, looking to buy a good pair of jeans. eyeing the Levi's 510 Rigid dragon but have a few questions

first and foremost: is it raw/rinsed or is it a dark wash? I have had washed jeans and want something that will fade well.

additionally if you have any recommendation for skinny jeans that are good quality and can be had for around $50 US or less, that would be fantastic. they must be available in 32/34 or even better 31/34. they should be a lightweight denim. 10 to 14 oz, and they absolutely must have spandex(elastane). I will be commuting by bike and need jeans that fit tight so they don't get caught in the chain, but must also move with me.

Have you looked at the Levis commuter jean?  Might be exactly what you're looking for.  Check it out.  With the code EXTRA40SALE they end up costing $41

http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=21467666

Have you looked at the Levis commuter jean?  Might be exactly what you're looking for.  Check it out.  With the code EXTRA40SALE they end up costing $41

http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=21467666

I have looked at them and with shipping they come out to $50. I might give them a shot, especially being 2% spandex. my one gripe with them is the

on second thought I found them for $30 here. https://www.theclymb.com/show-product/100706?f=mi&q=510&path=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theclymb.com%2Fsearch%3Fq%3D510

I think I will be getting them

edit: ordered. here's to hoping that the water resistant coating is good. are they raw? will they need a rinse as most raw jeans reportedly need before wearing? it will be interesting rinsing water resistant jeans.

Edited by Pjtruslow

I have looked at them and with shipping they come out to $50. I might give them a shot, especially being 2% spandex. my one gripe with them is the

on second thought I found them for $30 here. I think I will be getting them

They don't really fade, and when they do, it's not great looking, but based on the rest of your requirements, they are probably the closest thing you are going to get.  

Alright guys, anyone know of any hemp blend denim? I saw gustin had some awhile back but, I'm not sold on their quality and general blandness, and I don't want to wait 6 weeks or however long it takes. I'm quite familiar with most of the brands and unless I've overlooked hemp offerings, perhaps a lesser known Japanese brand? Any insight would be great. Thanks gents

Barney's New York Brand Boots -

Any idea on the quality of these shoes? I bought these for about $90 marked down supposedly from $380 at Barney's, says something about "Vitello Marone" on the side, sole says Made in Italy.

Worth the money? Any idea if these are goodyear welted? Sorry for slightly small pictures.

5864ea.jpg
225331.jpg
Edited by brainmonster

two questions, one.. .what is your favorite light denim or acid wash denim? i like a tapered fit. I want to pick up something lighter or acid wash.

two... i have 2 20" cuffs selvedge denim scraps, RRL 16oz if anyone on here wants them just PP me shipping and you can have. I already broke the fabric in it seems like a shame to just toss them especially if someone was looking to do a project.

Do I need to soak my APC petite standard. Bought these in an impulse. Never wondered if they were sanforized or not. The fit is perfect after a week of wear, but wondering if I need to shrink them before abusing them?

Edited by Capibaro

I recently bought a "One Wash" Studio D'artisan SD-107 Unsanforized jeans.

Fitting is good all above the knee and i love it, but i prefer it just slightly slimmer below knee.

So I am wondering if it is possible to further shrink the One Wash-ed jeans by hot soaking?

I actually came across this same issue two years back with my Japan blue X Momotaro 0200SP.

As it was a Sanforized pair I didn't think much about ways to shrink it and got it altered at a tailor.

And the result was bad :unsure:

And so here I am seeking advice so I wont have to go though an awful tailor experience again  B)
Edited by junior.t

Anyone else gonna snag the Japan Blue x BlueOwl 16.5oz "Monster" Denim?? Unsanforized and BlueOwl is doing their first fade contest with these jeans. I'll be going in Monday to get a pair.

One Wash unsanforized?? They are one or the other surely? Just give em a hot soak either way if they are fine above the Knee they will stretch back out anyway but you may get the shrinkage you want in the hem that won't stretch back 

I have just done this very thing.

But 'selective' shrinking? Not convinced. You could always drape the lower legs into a bucket and fill with boiling water from the kettle but you're gonna burn your fingers when you agitate!

Anyway the 107 is already slim and tapered, and the skinniest of all of their unsanforised cuts, with a tiny hem width (!) so in all likelihood they are fine.

I am aware that the 107 is already the slimmest cut, but the thing here is i am short, so it looks kinda awkward below the knee.

One Wash unsanforized?? They are one or the other surely? Just give em a hot soak either way if they are fine above the Knee they will stretch back out anyway but you may get the shrinkage you want in the hem that won't stretch back 

I am getting it hemmed post soaking anyways, It's is too long.

Edited by junior.t

Have you looked at your post 5 posts above mate?  :wacko:

Ops sorry, i thought my post didn't went through at first. Edited it to answer your reply.

Anyways, so i assume it is possible to further shrink a one wash unsanforized?

Most often cases not really. One wash jeans are put through industrial washers and dryers, and probably 99% of the shrinkage is achieved. I would say one wash-unsanforized denim is less likely to shrink than sanforized.

I heard different brands does their washing differently, hmmm.

Regardless of how they washed them, they have hit water and have been dried in some form. If they don't fit quite how you like, they probably won't after several washes etc.

In my experience, there is still an appreciable amount of potential shrinkage in most one-wash unsanforized jeans (especially ones that you can tell visually haven't just been blasted with an industrial dryer).  Does this mean the fit is going to change drastically?  Probably not really, but, if it is just a hair of shrink below the knees that's desired as was indicated, that is an area what won't really stretch back at all.  I'd also be interested to see fit pics, because sometimes "slightly slimmer below the knees" can be pretty sufficiently sorted out by hemming/cuffing/wearing the jeans and letting the rigidity settle a bit.

In my experience, there is still an appreciable amount of potential shrinkage in most one-wash unsanforized jeans (especially ones that you can tell visually haven't just been blasted with an industrial dryer).  Does this mean the fit is going to change drastically?  Probably not really, but, if it is just a hair of shrink below the knees that's desired as was indicated, that is an area what won't really stretch back at all.  I'd also be interested to see fit pics, because sometimes "slightly slimmer below the knees" can be pretty sufficiently sorted out by hemming/cuffing/wearing the jeans and letting the rigidity settle a bit.

Would post some pics later on, btw how do i resize pics in this forum's editor.

hi sufu

anyone who have experiences with the 7x6 5507xx model? forgot to mention, it's the black pair

do they stretch a lot?

is it ok to go upsize? im size 29 and im planning to buy size 30 from my friend

answesrs will be much appreciated as this is going to be my first japanese denim

repost it from skull thread

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic