SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

google.com

site:superfuture.com drkshdw

Thanks guys, I already found all the supermarket threads but I was expecting a dedicated thread here in superdenim.

After seeing Knugget's first link a light came on and I realized Superfashion was more appropriate.

Hi, guys & gals. I Have a pair of the old SC1945 lee which are discontinued. Unfortunately they fit a little tight at the waist, which are 34-35". Does any one know if they are Sanforized & wont shrink after wash. I am hesitant to sell them cus of my love affair with them & there exclusivity. Should I hold onto them in hopes of losing weight. Or sell them down the line & get a similar cut from Samurai,Warehouse,or McCoy. Help needed. Thanks.

BTW I would be interested in trades for a 37 or 38 after shrinkage of course has taken place. Or any reasonable offers will be considered .

Thanks for you patience and input. So here is you opportunity for a great pair of lefty denim, In my opinion are the greastest denim SC has come out with in a while. Any offers will be considered. Cash or Trade. Thanks "ALV".

i know that tagged size 33 LVCs actually shrink to 31 inches in the waist. what about the inseam lengths that are tagged a 32? do they shrink to 29 inches (assuming the usual 3 inch shrink in the inseam) or even shorter?

I think LVC inseam shrinks ~2 inches

Guest Midnite8

cant really decide on which to get next, looking for a pair that fits like skulls or samurai 710. blahhh throw some jawnz out guys, gots tehh money ready but dont know what to getz.

Can anyone list a couple of places (online) that can get me type 2 raw denim jackets? I am interested in Momotaro but it's one washed. . . , any other suggestions?

Can someone explain the difference between soaking large jeans to fit, as opposed to simply sizing down in jeans and waiting for them to stretch out?

I see people initial soaking their Iron Hearts because they're too big, but why not just buy jeans that fit smaller to begin with?

It's usually better in general to have a bit extra than too little. Same can be applied to denim. Having a pair that you have to wait to stretch often involves some discomfort. Denim also tends to shrink more and more with age, so even though your body may not change, you might one day feel that your jeans shrank a bit too much after a wash. But in the end, it's all subjective.

Stacks are honestly quite random. For some people they'll fall perfectly, while for others they just come out really sloppy. The slimmer the fit though, the better the chance that you'll end up with a more uniform stack.

Guest redchris

Hello,

can anyone give me a link to a web page which outlines the chronology of Lee pocket tabs . I am in dispute with an ebay seller who has sold me supposed 50's vintage Lees. Cheers

Soaking is important for the integrity of the fibers. Plus - once you wash a jeans that you wore in raw state for a long time the whiskers and creases will shift position ( shorter inseam bla bla bla) and it might look off.

Raw denim should always be soaked before you start wearing it.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic