SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

it's said that Lee intoruduced Left Hand Twill just to be different, and that there was no meaningful difference, but LHT has become popular for womens' and kid's jeans, because of its different 'feel'.

There are technical differences. Personally, I wonder whether LHT does fade a little differently... it's less grainy. I know this is esoteric. But check out the difference in fades between the Lee and the 47s: (and this aint' advertising, I've had an offer on them!0

47frontdetail.jpg

Leefrontdetail.jpg

so i have been very intriqued by Sugarcane recently and previously i have had no interest in repro fits (still dont) but just noticed alot of talk about the details and unique aspects of sugarcane that makes them so desirable by this forum.

is the python patch, uniquely designed pocket lining, and arcuates really worth getting a pair although the silohuette may not be too flattering?

or am i missing something good in these reproduction cuts/fits? ive seen photos of poeple wearing them and all i see is relaxed, shapeless, sometimes amorphous cuts from these cuts.

anyone care to elaborate on the appreciation factor behind getting into sugarcane?

so i have been very intriqued by Sugarcane recently and previously i have had no interest in repro fits (still dont) but just noticed alot of talk about the details and unique aspects of sugarcane that makes them so desirable by this forum.

is the python patch, uniquely designed pocket lining, and arcuates really worth getting a pair although the silohuette may not be too flattering?

or am i missing something good in these reproduction cuts/fits? ive seen photos of poeple wearing them and all i see is relaxed, shapeless, sometimes amorphous cuts from these cuts.

anyone care to elaborate on the appreciation factor behind getting into sugarcane?

Sugarcane are all beautifully made and excellent value. Lot of people appreciate their classic cuts, as they are a staple and will never date; there's no reason for them to look relaxed or baggy, you can simply size down on them, although most models will still have a fairly anti-fit bum. While some people prefer the way that, say, Samurai, fade, I generally prefer the SC fade whcih is more vintage, less grainy.

If, however, you're more interested in the cut than in more sublte details like the construction and fading, or want a more fashionable skinny cut they might not be for you. The only was to know for sure is visit somewhere like blueingreen, if you're in the US, and try them!

probably a super dumb question but i'm going to hong kong in december, and definitely going to take5, does anybody know if they sell special soaps for denim-washing?

I know that at least Sugarcane and Samurai make special denim soap...not sure if Take5 carries them...you can always email and ask.

Bu in any case, yea, Bronner's is a good bet...or really any soap that doesn't contain harsh chemicals like phosphates.

whats the best way to get rid of excess dye from raw 511's so that they stain the shoes, they can't shrink or they will be too tight. I heard I could wash them and only dry them for a little bit with woolite. What do you guys think?

wash and hang dry. if they get too tight just wear them to bed for a few nights until they stretch out.

how can i beef up my legs quick? i wanna wear my sexi04s but they look sloppy/baggy on my skinny legs.

eating is more is obvious. what exercises? squats? preferably ones that i can do w/o going to the gym.

100 rep/set squats

running up hills

I'm piqued in interest for sugarcane. The two models that stand out for me are hawaii and okinawa.

Out of these two which do you prefer if first time to purchase a sugarcane?

And why?

cant go wrong with either. ive owned both but only wore okinawas, so i would say okinawas. both slubby and cool. okinawas have the python patch. snakeskin > horse hair

I'm piqued in interest for sugarcane. The two models that stand out for me are hawaii and okinawa.

Out of these two which do you prefer if first time to purchase a sugarcane?

And why?

I prefer the Okinawa's as well. I think the cut is pretty much the same, but when I tried both on, the Okinawas seem to fit better for some reason. Snakeskin patch is nice, selvedge pocketbags, tons of other cool details.

'08 Dior Home regular straight leg 19cm MIJ raws size 34

anyone have any specifics on sizing for these? I am like a true 33. Will these work for me? Not looking for an ultra slim cut just a regular straighter cut.

Ask in the Dior thread.

Do the seams on Sugarcane 1947's twist as much as Lvc 1947's after multiple washes ??

Pretty much, yes.

thx,

new question:::

whats a good black raw for big thighs?

waist is 32 give or take an inch

thigh 24"

hips 36"

If you plan on wearing the jeans on your hips, then a size 34/35 for http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2333&category_id=&manufacturer_id=10&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28 looks good for you

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic