SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

i haven't bought raw denims in a year or so and I haven't been really following up on this but can someone recommend me something thats raw, straight slightly tapered dark indigo thats not overly expensive (under 250).

LVC 1937s. Do I go for the tag size assuming it will shrink to the correct waist size? Or, size up one?

Size up one, in general. All raw LVC shrink down from stated waist size, by circa two inches. A few jeans (1880s, 1955 501) are made oversize, but the 1937 are made fairly true to size.

More LVC sizing info:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=34010

i haven't bought raw denims in a year or so and I haven't been really following up on this but can someone recommend me something thats raw, straight slightly tapered dark indigo thats not overly expensive (under 250).

...what midnight said...

...APC NS was my first pair of permium denim... won't be dissapointed...

PBJ XX-005

it is $225 in BiG...

not sure about the tapered though....

but it is a slim fit cut

Hi, first post here. I have a question about Levi's denim jackets. Not the LVC just the cheap end-run rigid. Do those shrink when you soak them? Doesn't really say anywhere on the garment, but the fabric seems identical to the STF.

Guest LoLzTrunkz

Hey..I just needed some sizing advice for Imperial Kings(blue). Do you size up/down one or stay true to size? I wear a Slim Jim size 31 by the way.

Hi, first post here. I have a question about Levi's denim jackets. Not the LVC just the cheap end-run rigid. Do those shrink when you soak them? Doesn't really say anywhere on the garment, but the fabric seems identical to the STF.

The classic Levi's denim jackets - ie the 557, slighty tapered model - are sanforized, so don't shrink. This should apply to all current models, and if they don't warn you they shrink, then they won't, or at least not more than 2%.

(Only the LVC early reissues are made from STF fabric. )

Guest LoLzTrunkz
get a sz30, i am 31 in SJs as well and i regret getting kings in 31 because of the amount of stretch they experianced in the waist

Really? A size 30..I was thinking of going for the 31 so it could stretch out to a 32, but I guess the kings stretch out a lot? Anyway thanks for the reply.

What do you people do when the rigidity of the stacks softens up to the point where there's a 5" wide circle around your ankles? I'm thinking aobut cuffing (def not hemming). unless there some good suggestions outside of re-starching

The classic Levi's denim jackets - ie the 557, slighty tapered model - are sanforized, so don't shrink. This should apply to all current models, and if they don't warn you they shrink, then they won't, or at least not more than 2%.

(Only the LVC early reissues are made from STF fabric. )

Thanks man. I know it's pretty low-grade for this board, but I haven't done a jacket yet -- I just want to try one on the cheap, see how it goes.

Thanks man. I know it's pretty low-grade for this board, but I haven't done a jacket yet -- I just want to try one on the cheap, see how it goes.

I wouldn't be so sure about them being pre-shrunk/sanforized. I know last summer Levis was selling a regular STF Type 1, some users here copped (myself included). Post pics of yours maybe?

I wouldn't be so sure about them being pre-shrunk/sanforized. I know last summer Levis was selling a regular STF Type 1, some users here copped (myself included). Post pics of yours maybe?

Here's a link to the coat, with a stock pic. It's pretty badly modelled, as you might expect.

I don't think it's the Type 1; just the trucker style.

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=276230&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

Anyone even remotely interested in one should take a look. Macy's is selling them for 30 dollars right now...ridiculous.

king seem to stretch an amount between nudie and APC, at least my pairs. 31 kings are now 33, 31 NSSDS are now 32.5, my Asz 29 PC rescues are now waist=34. beside, with the kings you have more than enoulgh room in the legs to accomodate a slightly tight waist for a week or so.

Really? A size 30..I was thinking of going for the 31 so it could stretch out to a 32, but I guess the kings stretch out a lot? Anyway thanks for the reply.

I don't think it's the Type 1; just the trucker style...

Anyone even remotely interested in one should take a look. Macy's is selling them for 30 dollars right now...ridiculous.

Yup, that's the 557. These were always Sanforized. Like that they will complement my rugged look - but has anyone told the model his jacket way too big? Maybe no-one told him his jacket won't shrink.

(and those Edwin 505 are a terrific raw jean, and fade really well. Keep washing to a minimum if you can (but don't worry about it too much) and in six months you will have a classic, vintage-style fade. )

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic