SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Hey, any people knws where i can find any denims ard osaka? perfer brands like samurai and flatheads.

Samurai: http://www.blueingreensoho.com

Flat Head: http://www.selfedge.com

Edit: Wait, did you mean "in Osaka"?

Hi all

I just got my first pair of apc ns, and got it hemmed at blue in green today. I'm pretty happy with the length now, but when i look at the hem, the inward folding was not done in complete alignment with the rest of the jeans, as in the vertical stitching going down the side of my jeans is not overlapping at the hem when I look at it from the inside (its off a little less than 1 cm, but quite noticeable if you cuff). I guess i can say that the hem is kind of "twisted." Does this happen normally when you get it hemmed, or did the guy do a bad job. If I keep it like this, could it eventually become an issue?

why cant you complain! you are the customer and if you didnt get what you payed for you should complain. Just dont be a dick to them.

Well i'm new to all this, and if it's a common thing that happens i don't want to go bug them. Do you know if this unaligned hem will have some kind of negative effect in the long run?

Say I do go complain. Is there anyway they can undo the hem and redo it straight? I can't really afford to cut it shorter..

post a picture please - if its chainstitched, it should have a certain pull to it. but this may not be what youre talking about.

pics pleeze

I have a HUGE problem with ass sag/whiskers. I'm constantly checking it out in the mirror and attempting to haphazardly fix it by pulling up my pants, which causes me to look quite awkward in some situations. My APCs weren't terrible, but the Naked & Famous Weird Guys I own now have a shitload of extra fabric in that area. It may be because of my lack of an ass, but I figure there's gotta be a solution. I've been trying to research some brands with which this won't be the case. So my "small question" is, what should I be looking for? Jeans with minimal hip flare? Size down some more? Can anybody recommend any brands that are built for guys like me?

thanks in advance

I have a HUGE problem with ass sag/whiskers. I'm constantly checking it out in the mirror and attempting to haphazardly fix it by pulling up my pants, which causes me to look quite awkward in some situations. My APCs weren't terrible, but the Naked & Famous Weird Guys I own now have a shitload of extra fabric in that area. It may be because of my lack of an ass, but I figure there's gotta be a solution. I've been trying to research some brands with which this won't be the case. So my "small question" is, what should I be looking for? Jeans with minimal hip flare? Size down some more? Can anybody recommend any brands that are built for guys like me?

thanks in advance

How are you built exactly? I've never had an ass sag problem, but I think it may be from less-than-ideal fabric. Try a heavier/better quality denim.

How are you built exactly? I've never had an ass sag problem, but I think it may be from less-than-ideal fabric. Try a heavier/better quality denim.

Sorry for the gratuitous ass shot, but this is what I'm talking about.

Photo3.jpg

Hi, I have a few technical questions that I hope someone can answer. I searched but couldn't find anything.

1. Is there a way to see or feel the difference between sanforized and unsanforized raw denim if there is no tag/label that indicates anything?

2. From what I understand, all jeans start off raw and dark and are then stonewashed/acid washed/bleached etc to achieve a desired lighter wash. The industry standard is 12 dips in indigo to dye the threads, I believe, so wouldn't it be more cost effective to do a smaller number of dips and achieve a lighter tone without having to go through the washing process?

3. Can anyone recommend any brands of jeans like the slubby PBJs within a similar or lower price point? I've been lurking here for a while and haven't really seen any really slubby denim with the nice blue cast like PBJs have.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I have a few technical questions that I hope someone can answer. I searched but couldn't find anything.

1. Is there a way to see or feel the difference between sanforized and unsanforized raw denim if there is no tag/label that indicates anything?

One clue is the sizing - some unsanforized jeans (not Levi's) shrink to tag size, and therefore will be bigger than you'd expect.

Although it's not totally fool-proof, raw sanforized jeans will generally seem thicker and stiffer than unsanforized, as it's common to add more starch to sanforized jeans, which will also have more of a sheen to them.

im looking to get some LVC 501 1947 Saddlemans and i haven't the slighest clue on sizing. I wear a size 33 in imperial dukes and my true waist size is probably around there. I sag a decent amount though so im wondeirng if these run small or big in the waist? The predisstressed ones not the raw

Nothing you can do, that's built into the pattern. Maybe try an ass only boil soak, start eating like a fatty too.

Yeah, I understand that, but could anyone recommend some jeans with which this would not be the case?

Yeah, I understand that, but could anyone recommend some jeans with which this would not be the case?

First off - pull them up. If you wear jeans that low, you're going to have a saggy flat ass. I always suggest Samurai because it's easy, but even with them, sagging them too low will end up looking like this:

P1010085-1.jpg

Up higher, they look like this:

710_front_back.jpg

Both are 710 model btw. Either look is fine...whichever you prefer.

Hi, does anyone have a list of good shops in lodon, if any, to buy japanese jeans? or even just good jeans japanese or not?

thanks!

Look what a simple search got me:

not one, but 3, threads

(as a matter of fact I think I will merge those 3 threads, gottdammit I can't, 2 of 'em are in shopper...)

This will be moved to small questions shortly and the thread will be deleted...

Can anyone recommend any good relaxed fit jeans? I have been looking at the f380's but I already have the f310's, so I was looking at companies other than FH. I know a lot of you like slim cut jeans but I was just wondering if anyone could help. Thanks.

45rpm sorahiko, sugar cane 1947, real mccoy 613, and warehouse 1001xx are 4 that i can think of off the top of my head. plenty more out there though...

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic