SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Well, technically if you just have enough stiff fabric and the bottom is already bunched up that fabric will want to go somewhere else.

Look at TG's jeans for example, the extra fabric created by the curves needs to go somewhere, but it won't be able to fall down due to the curves she cut into them.

I could also imagine a pair of jeans with a small hem opening and maaaaaasive long legs to do the same, once a portion of the extra fabric has bunched up at the bottom but there is still fabric left it has to stack somewhere no?

Alternatively, try to get some government grant to develop a jeans only anti gravity device...

Hi SF'ers,

I am really inspired by Ande Whall making his own jeans, and just had a couple questions if I were to get started myself. Yes, I realize this has been discussed, but it's till not clear, so here goes:

What is the deal with this 'chainstitch'. I've read numerous postings, and it seems people call a 'double lockstitch' a 'chainstitch'. Are these the same thing? Do I need a double-needle machine to do them the same as on say a 1947 repro? I guess I'm just trying to find out waht kind of machine(s) I need to get started making my own jeans. Ande Whall, if you're listening PLEASE HELP!

Thanks,

prajna12

im looking to get some LVC 501 1947 Saddlemans and i haven't the slighest clue on sizing. I wear a size 33 in imperial dukes and my true waist size is probably around there. I sag a decent amount though so im wondeirng if these run small or big in the waist? The predisstressed ones not the raw

bump this, any help is muchly appreciated

I'll keep this is in here so I don't gum up the Eternal thread... But is the new 36" 811 a permanent fixture for BIG? Or limited?

edit: also, does anyone have any of the Paul Smith BIG's? I'm happy as shit with my WH 660's (34"), and the measurements seem to indicate a similar fit. Anyone with both care to chime in?

Guest harpenden

hey,

i spotted a nice pair of black jeans with a great fit out yesterday. i was only able to catch the back pocket detail, which was something like a silver metal rectangle attached to the back right pocket. any ideas? thanks in advance!

matthew

Guest harpenden

thanks lamb, definitely will.

the metal rectangle fit in the upper half of the back pocket. the cut of the jean was slim though not skinny. to me eye, they looked overdyed.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic