SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

are you supposed to wear jeans first and then wash them, or wash them first and then wear them? maybe not wash, but at least a soak. i remember reading somewhere that if you wear them first and then wash/soak them, due to shrinking, the honeycombs shift so they look funny.

but at the same time, i've heard if you don't wash them first, they won't fade as well or as fast or something like that. for the samurai denim competition, i think the contestants soaked them first.. any input for what's best?

I got a stupid random Uniqlo question.

I have a pair of "Regular straight selvedge" denim from Uniqlo that looks raw. the tag says "Premium Denim" and the back pocket patch is pure red with no lettering or numbering on it. There is a sticker on the front that says "DARK DENIM."

THe rest of the tags are in japanese. There sin't anything on it that says 001 or 002 or anything like that.

Anyone have an idea what the deal is with these?

thanks

soak to get the shrinking out of the way then wear if your afraid of shifting combs.

there should be plenty of indigo to not worry about fading

i cold soaked my lvc 1920 201's today and for 10 minutes, but since they're so anti-fit, i think i should've hot soaked them like the contestants in the samurai contest. i want to avoid washing them too much, but do you think i can hot soak them tomorrow and still get really vintage looking jeans? and if i can, how long should i leave them in?

also, if i have raw denim that already fits pre-soak, should i soak them or wear them in first?

what's the consensus with skinny jeans on shorter guys? Using myself as an example, 5'5" wearing Thin Finns?

i don't think skinny is a problem, but the Finns might not look very good because of the extremely low yoke. i think it would make you look much shorter.

If i have raw denim that already fits pre-soak, should i soak them or wear them in first?

Is it Sanforized denim? If not, and you know it will shrink, give them a cold soak, and wash them cold from then on. Wear them as they dry if you're worried they're going to be too small (this will also set the creases which helps nice wear). THe main thing to worry about if they already fit is leg length - some people here have attached weight to the legs when drying to minimise shrinking...

Where to buy Edwin online? seems there was a site i found them on a long time ago, but i cant find it now :(

thankssssssssssssssssssss

I tried the Oni Killer Chinos on today in size 28. I could button and zip no problem but they're tighter than I'd like. If they stretch, an inch or so, I would love em. Does anyone know if they stretch?

The girl at BiG said they would stretch, but just need a second opinion... As far as I know though, Chinos don't stretch?

I'm looking for a sort of cheap pair of raw denim thats still reasonable quality for the summer does anybody have any ideas? I don't usually go with a completley skinny leg type fit because I have muscular thighs from sports I usually get cuts like Samurai s500vx, APC Rescue, etc. So does anybody have any ideas?

...i have a dumb little questions

I was in Urban Outfitters today and I found a pair of what seemed to be a pair of rigid Levis 520s, but they already had honeycomb creases, whisker creases, and stacking crease as shown in the following pics. Has anyone seen this before (I haven't)? How is it done?

0621081611.jpg

0621081610.jpg

sorry about the shitty quality...1 megapixel camera phone :P

They do that resin/baked thing.. idk - alot of companies like seven for all mankind and stuff are doing that. if you wash dem, the creases stay there, but the denim doesnt fade on the creases cos its not good. lol

I'm looking for a sort of cheap pair of raw denim thats still reasonable quality for the summer does anybody have any ideas? I don't usually go with a completley skinny leg type fit because I have muscular thighs from sports I usually get cuts like Samurai s500vx, APC Rescue, etc. So does anybody have any ideas?

You could pick up a pair of those academi jeans for $40...cheap, selvage denim. Prolly get what you pay for tho

[thread]44358[/thread]

what does cheap actually mean on a forum like this. them samurais go for almost 300 and up.. that makes APCs look cheap.

i would think superdavid that you could find some edwins (im on an edwin kick right now) for around 100 bucks (right??) they always look real nice when i've seen pitchas of them worn out.

I got a stupid random Uniqlo question.

I have a pair of "Regular straight selvedge" denim from Uniqlo that looks raw. the tag says "Premium Denim" and the back pocket patch is pure red with no lettering or numbering on it. There is a sticker on the front that says "DARK DENIM."

THe rest of the tags are in japanese. There sin't anything on it that says 001 or 002 or anything like that.

Anyone have an idea what the deal is with these?

thanks

reposting this since it got lost in the shuffle

thanks!

what does cheap actually mean on a forum like this. them samurais go for almost 300 and up.. that makes APCs look cheap.

i would think superdavid that you could find some edwins (im on an edwin kick right now) for around 100 bucks (right??) they always look real nice when i've seen pitchas of them worn out.

by cheap i meant inexpensive because of the price ($40). i am not sure about the actual quality of the denim but i think it is discussed in this thread

[THREAD]44358[/THREAD]

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic