Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Posted · Hidden by jimmyc, March 19, 2013 - this guy is pushing his luck
Hidden by jimmyc, March 19, 2013 - this guy is pushing his luck

hey kiya, how come your collabs are so much more then, say, the one big has? i know the owners of big were actually real designers and you are just lika a sheep following someone elses ideas, and i know in japan you have the reputation as being a total joke who will buy anything, but i was wondering what is so special about your collabs? do you charge additional costs just because you think the kids will pay that? just wonder! thanks much.

Why do you poison this forum so much? Every other post you make seems to be designed to be rude and piss people off, is there a reason? Or is it just because of the anonymity you get online?

will there be a restock of the 1105 along with the new sg jean? i think it's going to come down to those two for me, i need some sg denim in my life

Yup, restock is coming April 10th.

For a 40.5"/41" chest, I should probably get a L in the Strike Gold loopwheeled sweatshirts, correct?

And do any stores still have any in black/navy in stock?

Thanks.

Unfortunately, this is how I sized 'em. Fits perfect but I don't want to loose the length in wash. Kiya, would dry cleaning be a [good] option?

ralfy.jpg

BTW: combs in sleeves are seriously unreal. SG has me a believer in loopwheel.

Edited by Al6ert

Unfortunately, this is how I sized 'em. Fits perfect but I don't want to loose the length in wash. Kiya, would dry cleaning be a [good] option?

BTW: combs in sleeves are seriously unreal. SG has me a believer in loopwheel.

Yup, if you don't want to lose any length just get it dry cleaned. It won't damage the hoodie and won't shrink it either.

I sized up one on the SG hoodie and it shrank to a perfect fit. I made the mistake of not heeding Kiya's advise on the SE page regarding the shrink characteristics for the SG sweatshirts the first time I bought one, and I fucked up. Fortunately my wife loves it, so it wasnt a total wash.

Agreed about the combs on the arms. I think it looks like a fat baby arm at times, haha

btw, I know our resident hater is now gone, but I find it extremely hard to hate on Strike Gold like he was. Every thing I have handled or owned by them has been beyond top notch in quality and fit/finish.

Edited by garden gnomes in space

btw, I know our resident hater is now gone, but I find it extremely hard to hate on Strike Gold like he was. Every thing I have handled or owned by them has been beyond top notch in quality and fit/finish.

Yeah, what was that guy's deal? Strike Gold rocks.

Yeah, what was that guy's deal? Strike Gold rocks.

You know what fucking rocks?

This new Flat Head shirt:

That looks like a bleeder! Stay away from anything white.

Good thing i'm brown!

LOL.

According to Lightning, it's a rope-dyed indigo dobby fabric. Pretty cool!

Yup, its a pure indigo dyed cotton "linen". The thing is nearly see through if you hold it up to a strong light and breathes super well.

Kiya, when will the indigo shirt be available to purchase?

You can buy it via phone order now or they'll be online April 1st.

They run true to size, the tagged size is the chest measurement.

Kiya

I'm a 70 year old man and love my SC Hawaiis like no other. Are the Okinawas the same relaxed fit?

Do you sell any other jeans with a similar fit?

Thanx, laz

Laz!

I think you'd love the Okinawas, order them in the size size as your Hawaii jeans.

Dry Bones Zoo Camo Shirts & Screwdriver Keychains

A couple of new items from Dry Bones just hit our stores. We've got a wild new zoo camo long sleeve shirt with a camo pattern thats shaped like zoo animals made out of a deadstock fabric.

Along with the zoo camo shirt we've received a cool 1960's reproduction of a steel keychain that acts as a four sized screwdriver.

We've also received a full restock of the Brushed Heavy Flannel and their summer jacquard tees in red and green.

All of these new items are available now at all three Self Edge stores, the Red-D jean restock is coming April 15th.

Shop Dry Bones Online

DB_DS1965_01.JPG

DB_DS1965_03.JPG

DB_DS1965_04.JPG

DB_KEYCHAIN_03.JPG

DB_KEYCHAIN_02.JPG

i want that drybones keychain bad, but an extra $20 for being overseas seems a bit steep since it could easily fit in an envelope?

If you order it with anything else (that doesn't require extra shipping on its own) you can just choose the "US" option and pay the $25.