Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Kiya,

Any chance the Iron Heart henleys are gonna make it to SE?

Thanks.

Me no gusta henleys.

Will tfh varsity be available to see at SENY anytime soon?

Yup, we'll have those at SENY starting wednesday.

Awesome, pay day is approaching

I've owned the kawatako bifold for a year and a half now but had to lay off of using it as of late. It's been giving me a lot of serious hip and lower back problems.

Been looking into the kawatako card case to substitute/alternate. I know it has 2 card slots but is there a middle slot for bills?

?

Awesome, pay day is approaching

I've owned the kawatako bifold for a year and a half now but had to lay off of using it as of late. It's been giving me a lot of serious hip and lower back problems.

Been looking into the kawatako card case to substitute/alternate. I know it has 2 card slots but is there a middle slot for bills?

Yup, the middle of the entire thing is also a slot that fits folded bills or cards.

@sugar mountain- the kawatako is super thick. It mocks and chooses not to close on the owner wanting to stay half opened. Even with regular use it only compresses so far. When I sit in a computer chair, it leaves me leaning toward my left side. Idk if you've ever seen that one episode of Seinfeld when George had the same issue lol

Thanks for this Kiya. Do you have any opinion on the sizing of the OD based on my current sizes in 666s and SG?

We don't have any overdyed jeans in stock currently so i can't give you sizing advice on anything overdyed.

Whoa, like a denim jacket or something else altogether?

Something completely different.

kiya, how tall is the dude wearing the IH ultra heavyweight hoodie/what size is he wearing? i'm super wary dropping so much money on a sweatshirt which i can't try on (i'm in australia).

He's 6' tall.

They're just sharing the same booth at a trade show

Yup, its a larger than usual booth housing 3sixteen, Self Edge jewelry, and Flat Head.

Am I the only one who almost never carries his wallet in the back pocket of his jeans?

I quit carrying a full size wallet many years ago because of the back problems it was causing me. I just use a card carrier for my ID and one or two credit cards. I keep it in my jacket pocket if I'm wearing a jacket, and in my back pocket otherwise, with any cash I might have in my front pocket. I guess i could carry the card holder in my front pocket easily enough, but it's unnoticeable in my back pocket. F*ck a full size wallet in my back pocket, the chiropractor bills were killing me.

Strange. I've never had any back pain from sitting on my wallet. But I don't have it in my back pocket all (or even most) of the time, and I'm not sitting directly on top of it. I'm guessing that people who have problems with this are dudes with really, really thick bifolds who wear pants that position their wallet right under their bottoms.

Strange. I've never had any back pain from sitting on my wallet. But I don't have it in my back pocket all (or even most) of the time, and I'm not sitting directly on top of it. I'm guessing that people who have problems with this are dudes with really, really thick bifolds who wear pants that position their wallet right under their bottoms.

or those ridiculous brick wallets that seem to be the rage in south east asia.

There are exceptions, but I'm telling you, long wallets aren't as thick as you think. My Redmoon is about half as thick as my dad's bifold, for example, even when there's plenty of cash and coins inside, and I'm only sitting on the 'spine' of the wallet (the thinnest part.)

It seems like the best thing to do is just get whatever wallet you like, and if it's uncomfortable to sit on, then take it out when you sit down and just hold it in your lap or something.

It seems like the best thing to do is just get whatever wallet you like, and if it's uncomfortable to sit on, then take it out when you sit down and just hold it in your lap or something.

But then you won't get wallet fades :(