Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Hi, does anyone know if the new Imperial's will be a similar cut to Sexi14. I think I heard you guys will be stocking them. Thanks

It's slim but not as slim as the SEXi14.

We'll have them in March.

kiya will there by any new wallets coming in from kawatako soon?

Not any time soon, we already carry what we think are their 4 best styles in a variety of colors.

Looking at the Strike Gold 2109 for my next pair of denim. Currently wearing IHxIndos and Roy RN03 both in 34s. The SGs look a bit more aggressively tapered, but not drastic. Would a 34 in these be a reasonable size for me?

Yup, size 34 will be perfect after a soak, we have two pairs left in that size now.

Will you be getting more Sugar Cane 1947s soon?

Restock should be coming next week.

Any exciting new spring season stuff on the horizon we should start saving for Kiya?

Stevenson for spring/summer is wild as hell and the fabrics they've developed topped even what they did last year. There are some pretty amazing hoodies and tees made of what the Japanese call "paper yarn", an old style of spinning cotton that dries it out completely giving the fabric a very dry hand.

Sun Surf and Star of Hollywood stuff is looking great and the hula shirt is coming back but in full sleeve versions and new colors.

Flat Head is doing another varsity, this time with leather arms and lightweight wool body. The version we're getting is slightly different than the Japanese version so that it's more of a vague "theme", you'll see once we get it. Also from Flat Head is one of the best shirts i've seen from them, its an indigo yarn dyed linen shirt, great for the summer and it'll age well too.

Strike Gold has a new jean we're getting in March, its a 17oz left hand twill denim jean available in both the XXX5 and XXX9 cuts. I'm quite sure its going to be my next pair of jeans.

The collaboration we're working on for this year so far is coming out in April, its our most ambitious project to date. It's a hank-dyed natural indigo jean woven on wooden loom with Dry Bones. I would start saving up now, its not going to be cheap.

Kiya,

great meeting you today at Unionmade. These hank-dyed Dry Bones jeans are beyond description. The color and texture are mesmerizing. Way beyond any other denim I've ever seen. I'm looking forward to spending whatever insane shit-ton of money is necessary to acquire a pair. Thanks again for calling ahead to make sure I had a chance to check them out. Truly mind-blowing.

Kiya,

great meeting you today at Unionmade. These hank-dyed Dry Bones jeans are beyond description. The color and texture are mesmerizing. Way beyond any other denim I've ever seen. I'm looking forward to spending whatever insane shit-ton of money is necessary to acquire a pair. Thanks again for calling ahead to make sure I had a chance to check them out. Truly mind-blowing.

Despite being beyond description, you did well (j/k) :wink:

Kiya,

Great meeting you too, i was wondering who that was walking around Unionmade in the SE x FH jacket!

The denim on the upcoming Dry Bones collaboration really did come out well, we went through three different versions of the denim before settling on the one that you saw.

^ hmmm, when do we get a preview, Kiya?? or, tell us more about them, docdocgs

I don't like putting up photos of an unfinished garment so it'll have to wait till the jean is out or i get a more finished version with the leather patch and finalized fit. The fit is going to be a straight leg with some taper and a medium rise.

Those Dry Bones sound pretty cool. Any Flat Head or RJB collabs/new BSPs coming up?

Nope, nothing in the works yet. Putting out a collaboration for us means more than changing the fit and slapping a new leather patch on a jean, it has to be something with a story and a garment that is new in almost every regard for both us and the brand.

Despite being beyond description, you did well (j/k) :wink:

Thanks. First effort. To say just a bit more, the color is not overly dark, but deep, vibrant and intense, with subtle variations throughout the fabric. i wanted to just stand there and examine them forever, but Eugene was watching me, and I would have felt like too much of a tool. The feel is substantial but soft, like a partially broken-in pair of IH 634s; weighty but not stiff, I guess.

This may sound weird (hell, I've seen plenty of weird here, so wtf), but if you think of the most beautiful blue eyes you've ever seen on someone you thought was really hot, that's approaching the experience.

I have received no remuneration from Kiya for this endorsement.

RN or RS 04 stock in size 33 or 34 at any of the stores?

Sold out across all three stores. The new Roy jean is coming March 2nd.

Kiya,

Are those Iron Heart hoodies noticeably heavier than the Strike Gold hoodies?

Also, you have any rec's for some solid denim for a woman thats not built like a twig?

Lastly, Sugarcane Hawaii restock?

thanks

IH hoodies feel very close to the SG hoodies after the SG hoodies have been washed and the fabric has become even more dense.

All of our women's jeans go up to size 32, if your'e local i'd come in and try some on.

Hawaii restock is coming February 25th.

Kiya what is the turn around time for hemming jeans at your store?

Hemming takes 3 to 5 days at all Self Edge stores.