Superdenim Specific Music Meta Thread...

UkeNo

1 hour ago, Double 0 Soul said:

This is a good read

Vorsprung durch Techno

The tone of this reminds me of a fella I knew who went to see Kraftwerk in Glasgow about 15 years ago. He said he was standing in a hall of middle aged men except for two young local ravers close by, who were clearly geared up and completely unimpressed - one turned to the other and said “see if these c-nts are supposed to be the godfaithers a’ dance, how come nae c-nt’s dancing?” :laugh2:

• 4 weeks later...

Wake up sleepy thread!

Ive always been a massive fan of the mix-tape, still am, i don't buy albums anymore just compose masses of digital mix-tapes/playlists but i'm not getting much inspiration in this desert ;) whatever the thread fundamentals are..lets just post some tunes which are floating around our heads, c'mon don't be shy, we're not music snobs.

I downloaded that^ United Future tune at the weekend which Maynard posted above, its a beauty!

Cheers Neal, it’s a belter isn’t it. I really like UFO but that KoT remix is the best version of Flying Saucer I’ve heard.

Last week I received the Blue Note Reimagined album I preordered months ago. I’m a big fan of St Germain and the instant standout track for me is Jorja Smith’s cover version of their wonderful ‘Rose Rouge’.

Whoop whoop @81611

Here’s some grotty footage (of a mates) from the last gig I went to before it all went tits up. Grand Magus from Sweden. 13 March, ten days before the U.K. lockdown. Feels a lifetime ago. With the benefit of hindsight, and with how numbers spiked so soon afterwards, it feels pretty daft being in amongst this. 

kuiK2dm.mp4

This song is a belter and it’s what they invariably finish their set on. Always gets the crowd going. 

Edited by unders

@unders Love it!! Can’t wait for those live gigs again...when it’s safe of course.

Here’s a clip of the last show I saw before lockdown 2/22/20. John Brannon of Negative Approach. Not everyone’s cup but his band  was a pioneer of hard core punk outside of NY and LA in the US.  

I couldn’t believe how fucking still the crowd was.. this clip was about 2 mins before my old ass started the mosh. No shit, he personally thanked me for it when the show was over. 

Another vid from him back in the day.

He’s old as fuck but still has that energy!

Now this is more like it! B)

27 minutes ago, freshwater said:

one of my faves from my early days of raving

Mine too fresh, used to have it on vinyl and still play it all the time, in fact i posted the exact same link last year on pg339 of the Denimbro thread, great minds eh?

10 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Last week I received the Blue Note Reimagined album I preordered months ago. I’m a big fan of St Germain and the instant standout track for me is Jorja Smith’s cover version of their wonderful ‘Rose Rouge’.

Im a big fan of the K&F Edit of 'Thank You Mum'

...and to prove we're not music (only denim) snobs here's a bit of Whitney :)

48 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Mine too fresh, used to have it on vinyl and still play it all the time, in fact i posted the exact same link last year on pg339 of the Denimbro thread, great minds eh?

Yep great minds indeed, exactly the same link :-)  It's one of those timeless tracks that you never grow tired of, remember when I'd hear it out I'd never want it to stop.