Jump to content
volvo240thebest

Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, erk said:

I'm going back and forth on going no cuffs. 

31 seems to be a good length for my 517s ( pretty much same hem opening) for No break with pecos and engineer boots. Its just a so final - compared with getting cuffs. 

who else is going no cuffs? @ecsong187 and who else?

You can count me in on the #TeamNoCuffs - just doens't fly with me these days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also announce my participation in the contest.
However, I am worried about the size to enjoy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m in it to win it :) Hopefully I can provide competition to you guys. I can from /r/rawdenim but can honestly say I enjoy the variety of denim here, although it’s a bit dangerous for my wallet. 
 

I had asked Ryo about sizing, and he said that the contest denim stretches more than the 50’s. Accounting for that I asked if I can switch my order to a 34 instead of a 36, as I’m worried that the 36 will get too big for me. I’m also planning on losing this quarantine weight, which will make the 34 much better for me. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, yabyoshi said:

I also announce my participation in the contest.
However, I am worried about the size to enjoy.

Yes! Winner of 20s contest checking in. The contest is getting harder and harder :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2020 at 6:19 PM, volvo240thebest said:

Participants list

  1. volvo240thebest (Italy)
  2. Topgearskin (UK)
  3. Julian Wolf (USA)
  4. Tigerstrom (Sweden)
  5. Kylito (USA)
  6. Lazerr (USA)
  7. Broark (USA)
  8. Graytrain (USA)
  9. Ar Thor (Denmark)
  10. NycSurger (USA)
  11. Darren Barbera/mindfulbiscuit  (UK)
  12. bartlebyyphonics (UK)
  13. Brownmetallic (USA)
  14. PaulT (UK)
  15. Hopethisoneisnttaken (Israel)
  16. Mtvare (UK)
  17. tjandaputra (Sweden/Netherlands)
  18. Jared Lee (USA)
  19. Maharu (Sweden)
  20. Roomtemplacroix (USA)
  21. Corporalclegg (USA)
  22. Thanks_M8 (Germany)
  23. Erockisalive (USA)
  24. Ecsong187 (USA)
  25. Aho (USA)
  26. Momokun (Australia)
  27. Cottonskinblues (Canada)
  28. Erk (USA)
  29. Broark (USA)
  30. Least Weasel (USA)
  31. Andrew Rose (USA)
  32. Unders (UK)
  33. DoitsuJin (USA)
  34. Uncle Karl (Japan)
  35. Frost (Germany)
  36. Slab (Belgium)
  37. Edmond (Philippines)
  38. Justintk (USA)
  39. Yot (Indonesia)
  40. moimanuh (India)
  41. Mariano Vittori (Switzerland/Italy)
  42. RunMountainDrew (USA)
  43. Illcutz (UK)
  44. Facini (Denmark)
  45. garden gnomes in space (USA/Italy :D)
  46. srudy (USA)
  47. UkeNo (UK)
  48. MrCknNuggets (Japan/Canada)
  49. kameisenpai (Japan)
  50. Hermit (USA)
  51. JDelage (France/USA)
  52. Collin (Switzerland)
  53. Spiraltoy (Sweden)
  54. irual (Finland)
  55. Duke Mantee (Scotland)
  56. YossarianRaw (Denmark)
  57. plattertough (USA)
  58. discwork (USA)
  59. longshanks (USA)
  60. Lori13 (USA)
  61. jigsaw (Indonesia)
  62. mandel9000 (Norway)
  63. yabyoshi (Japan)
  64.  

[to be completed]

updated list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m in as a representative of the US rust belt.

I’m a natural 33.
From all of the posts I read and Volvo’s info, I went with a 33 one wash. 

Huge thanks to Volvo for confirming that a paper patch is an available option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

great! Another OG tuning in!
just to make it clear to everybody, if for any ethical or other reason you don't like to have a leather patch on the jeans, Tcb can slap the standard 50s two cats paper patch, not the specific contest design printed on paper.

IMG_20200623_002153.thumb.jpg.93c07f336bc203fa6fcb6ecc0f940156.jpg

 

Edited by volvo240thebest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

great!
just to make it clear to everybody, if for any ethical or other reason you don't like to have a leather patch on the jeans, Tcb can slap the standard 50s two cats paper patch, not the specific contest design printed on paper.

 

I like to hear that, even though i will stick with the contrst patch myself!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2020 at 6:19 PM, volvo240thebest said:

Participants list

  1. volvo240thebest (Italy)
  2. Topgearskin (UK)
  3. Julian Wolf (USA)
  4. Tigerstrom (Sweden)
  5. Kylito (USA)
  6. Lazerr (USA)
  7. Broark (USA)
  8. Graytrain (USA)
  9. Ar Thor (Denmark)
  10. NycSurger (USA)
  11. Darren Barbera/mindfulbiscuit  (UK)
  12. bartlebyyphonics (UK)
  13. Brownmetallic (USA)
  14. PaulT (UK)
  15. Hopethisoneisnttaken (Israel)
  16. Mtvare (UK)
  17. tjandaputra (Sweden/Netherlands)
  18. Jared Lee (USA)
  19. Maharu (Sweden)
  20. Roomtemplacroix (USA)
  21. Corporalclegg (USA)
  22. Thanks_M8 (Germany)
  23. Erockisalive (USA)
  24. Ecsong187 (USA)
  25. Aho (USA)
  26. Momokun (Australia)
  27. Cottonskinblues (Canada)
  28. Erk (USA)
  29. Broark (USA)
  30. Least Weasel (USA)
  31. Andrew Rose (USA)
  32. Unders (UK)
  33. DoitsuJin (USA)
  34. Uncle Karl (Japan)
  35. Frost (Germany)
  36. Slab (Belgium)
  37. Edmond (Philippines)
  38. Justintk (USA)
  39. Yot (Indonesia)
  40. moimanuh (India)
  41. Mariano Vittori (Switzerland/Italy)
  42. RunMountainDrew (USA)
  43. Illcutz (UK)
  44. Facini (Denmark)
  45. garden gnomes in space (USA/Italy :D)
  46. srudy (USA)
  47. UkeNo (UK)
  48. MrCknNuggets (Japan/Canada)
  49. kameisenpai (Japan)
  50. Hermit (USA)
  51. JDelage (France/USA)
  52. Collin (Switzerland)
  53. Spiraltoy (Sweden)
  54. irual (Finland)
  55. Duke Mantee (Scotland)
  56. YossarianRaw (Denmark)
  57. plattertough (USA)
  58. discwork (USA)
  59. longshanks (USA)
  60. Lori13 (USA)
  61. jigsaw (Indonesia)
  62. mandel9000 (Norway)
  63. yabyoshi (Japan)
  64. lefty (USA)
  65.  

[to be completed]

-36 to 100 :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Volvo, I'm also on your list twice it seems. :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

damn it. fixed. :ph34r:

Edited by volvo240thebest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just ordered my 31/31 washed. Couldn’t justify the full tux as I already have 3 jackets in my rotation... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

somone's been busy getting the band back together..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

haha I sign off for half a day and missed all the call outs:

-Confirming I went with a 26" inseam...I wear my jeans loose and low but still do a small single/double cuff to the ankle (I'm 5'9" for reference). I'll try to get more fit pics in this time around but have a poor history doing so lol

-WHxBiGxSuFu 660 contest had 215 contestants across 20 countries. Of note, Jay Z bought a pair (this is a real thing, he was big into raw denim in the mid 00's, few pics floating around with him wearing Samurai on stage etc.) @beautiful_FrEaK

- @volvo240thebest, I can't knock that insult against me, funniest thing I've read in a while! :laugh2::tongue: Do note that I've also taken up cycling and gardening as well though during quarantine lol :ph34r:
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Newbie here...

Just pulled the trigger on W34 rigid. Please count me in the contest. Looking forward to mid August! 

From Indonesia/USA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, louisbosco said:

somone's been busy getting the band back together..

Woo-hoo!
Jump in, matey! 

The water is 80° ....... FahrenheitB)

Edited by BrownMetallic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, aho said:

-Confirming I went with a 26" inseam...I wear my jeans loose and low but still do a small single/double cuff to the ankle (I'm 5'9" for reference).

Did you mean 36"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, JDelage said:

Did you mean 36"?

:D 26", low and short!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in!!!

First denim contest and first pair of TCB's!!!

Can't wait till August

Went with a 34'' waist, hopefully I sized correctly.

From Mexico/US

Thank you very much Volvo for setting this up!!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, erk said:

who else is going no cuffs? @ecsong187 and who else?

Count me in as well! I had the same idea as @bartlebyyphonics, 30" one-washed, hopefully 29" after a few more washes. I'm about 5"9.5' and like to wear 'em high and short. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Wow this is shaping up to be quite the contest!

Great to see the growing global entrants list 

Still contemplating – chart reading, measuring my jeans, cross-checking, seeking counsel and repeat…

For my dimensions, the thigh is the critical - and constraining - measurement

Got til the 30th to conclude…

For a comfortable 34W (I could just fit a 33), the WW2 rise is great but the thigh would be skin tight

To get thigh to fit, would need to size up to 36, giving a slim-ish thigh, with 5–7 cm extra on the waist, also potential for stretch on top.  38W wouldn’t work.

For comparison, my TCB 20s 34W have a 34 thigh, the WW2s 36W have a 33.8 thigh

This WW2 thigh sizing seems similar across brands – CSF hip / thigh slim, FW 1943 has a slim thigh

Edited by MJF9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrownMetallic said:

Woo-hoo!
Jump in, matey! 

The water is 80° ....... FahrenheitB)

we use metric system in the future.. ;)

 

anyway, from what i've read, is this pair essentially a 66 cut or is it a 47?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BrownMetallic said:
@louisbosco 40s WW2
 
@aho U remember the Samurai 500XX, before that ?! 

The original! Also makes me wonder whatever happened to @beatle....Those were the days!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Isn’t she mod here or was I been away, too long:biggrin:

Edited by BrownMetallic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, aho said:

The original! Also makes me wonder whatever happened to @beatle....Those were the days!

i believe she was present at giles' birthday when i went over couple years ago. lots of drinking, memory is a little foggy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somebody should tap up @sidneylo . Every man and his dog bought a pair of TFH because of that man.

@aho What are the chances of treating us to a rare fit pic in the contest jeans? The people demand it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, unders said:

Somebody should tap up @sidneylo . Every man and his dog bought a pair of TFH because of that man.

@aho What are the chances of treating us to a rare fit pic in the contest jeans? The people demand it! 

Will do my damndest! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@aho the detail in your denim pics is top notch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@unders The “size-down to death” era of SuFu ... tried but couldn’t keep up ... I was obsessing w/ Samurai, SDA & PBJ atm.

Edited by BrownMetallic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now