Flash

The Sneakers we wear with our jeans

Chucks.. nothing comfier 
422799AA-FC6D-4088-A138-49EE3EA01B92.thumb.jpeg.286a0d94e560249a7072fff9cb7def75.jpeg

...and sadly retiring my shoes like pottery after a few years of wear. Easily the best/most durable sneakers I’ve ever owned

D3A56E6F-D7DC-4BCB-A228-3926BC6C288D.thumb.jpeg.5ba6026110bcf638a6dec61f5e795e7e.jpeg

Im looking for suggestions... ive been getting absolutely battered by the storms on my daily cycle commute, i can put up with the hardship (i quite enjoy it) but i can't remember the last time i arrived at work even damp ne'er mind dry, i'm taking my pumps off and pouring cold water out onto the floor & ringing out my socks.. it's been grim as fuck recently.
It's taking me hours to get my (non gore) clothing dry on a single radiator before i have to do it all again in the evening...rinse/repeat.
Due to the constant heat my pumps are coming unstuck so i'm looking for a replacement, main criteria is, flat sole which rules out most trail runners, next is gore-tex which rules out most skate shoes and 3rdly i want hI's not low's so the water running down my legs runs over rather than in to.
These Converse are probably the closest thing to fit my criteria but the black is sold out everywhere and the orange would clash with my bike-ninja steeze.

Image result for BLACK CONVERSE GORE TEX 70'S
There's a gore/vans but they don't seem to hold water..or they do, whichever they're probably more fashion than function..a bit like the Conns i suppose, anyway...flat soled (no knobbly tread) gore sneakers anyone? Hi's in muted colourways if poss??

Thx Martin, that's a damn good suggestion, only probs.. i would want to wear them through summer and winter like i'm doing now just because if i want to go out anywhere while i'm at work (haircut, a bite to eat, visit some customers) i'll pull them on cos they're free from saw dust, and paint splats, if i go the SealSinz route (which would be ace in the wet) i would have to keep another pair of pumps at work for this purpose.. it's no big deal so I'll add them to the shortlist and see if owt else turns up.

Alternatively you could simply buy some waterproof cycling overshoes.

Ive looked at em, most are made to accommodate cleats, the only pair ive seen which accommodate flats are the Endura but reading the reviews, the sizing is all over the place (folks can't get them on) and quality/longevity sounds wank, i don't want to be fiddling around with them at 6am.

Edited by Double 0 Soul

I've looked at Novesta and Moonstar as options for a rainy/snowy weather sneaker, though they might be better for walking around and handling splashes than they are for keeping your feet dry when cycling.

Edited by discwork

^They look dope, if they had a gore membrane my search would be over, i'm just looking at Chrome's 'Storm' 415 but i would choose a 'lined' man made fibre over leather...they're available in the UK too so thats a big thumbs up...Hmmm

I rode to work this morning with 2" of snow on the ground, rain, hail, sleet & high winds hitting me horizontally in the face, even by Ice Cube's standards ive got to say, it was a good day.

Thanks for the food for thought gents.

I'll stick those a-stars on the list, i do prefer the lack of branding on those TCX but i'm just not ready, styalistically for zip-up footwear.

I’m with you there brother. Your creaking back may appreciate it though!

Aye, Ive seen em, again the zip kills it for me plus ive always thought AF1's feel a bit thick and clumpy on your feet.

I'm probably just going to get those^^^ gore Chucks (under no illusion that they will actually be waterproof) or those^^ Chrome's and whatever i decide just invest 30 odd quid in a pair of SealSkinz socks, so rather than the constant drying i'll just leave them to their own devices and wear them wet if need be.

C70286B1-F2E8-4643-82A8-0272256AD55A.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Trainers I no longer wear:

1. adidas spikeless spikes. WTF?!

14212C4A-65EC-41BB-91C7-9ECECEAA4AD8.jpeg

2. Puma H Street. This pair has hardly been worn. I bought a navy/sky/yellow pair at the same time and they ran out the winners in this particular foot race. I always loved the Jamaican flag pair but didn’t want to be accused of cultural appropriation! :D

8F8F164A-CFED-4055-B681-793F3022A589.jpeg

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Mill Reef

D514D994-C97F-4907-97AC-DB43E5E63B87.jpeg

Man, I love h streets

My pair crumbled to pieces a couple months back

You can buy mine if you like scooby - UK size 9!

1 hour ago, Maynard Friedman said:

You can buy mine if you like scooby - UK size 9!

Unfortunately too small for me mate :sad:

Sk8-hi for ever. A super old pair, and a 6 month old pair. I’ll get a color picture on digital at some point. The indigo crocking on the newer pair is nice. 

D6ED9C21-2D47-43BA-AA8A-17175B19FA5D.jpeg

Superga Cotu suede currently my daily beater. 

IMG_20200306_165834.jpg

Not the most inspiring picture but ......

20200306_181700

Converse star bars ( black suede )

Cult classic new balance 997 in the only color you need. 

8EB6F320-0C45-440C-97F2-70EAA9EBE1A4.jpeg

4AB0E72B-50F8-438F-8F61-B2119C5C4197.jpeg