Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

58 minutes ago, mandel9000 said:

One delayed and two cancelled flights later...

I made it to the post office just before they closed up for Easter, got the jeans and the little note that kinda looks like my cat, and I also collected a box of my own dirty laundry that I sent home when it wouldn't fit in the suitcase anymore.

I forgot to measure before the wash but my specs were exactly the same as last time. After a wash and dry they're now 0.5" smaller in the waist than the first pair were at the same point, and the same elsewhere. I forgot to specify that I wanted the new patch so that illegible piece of bacon was transferred on to this pair. I thought it couldn't get any worse, but after this initial wash it's more or less stamp-sized. All good though, it's quite funny and also unique. 

Inoue ran out of contest patches unfortunately!

53 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

I think you mean top drawer Volvo. Top shelf has very different connotations (at least in the UK)! :rolleyes:

you should loose any hope that I will learn proper English, I lost it myself, although a quick research on my own personal Oxford dictionary, the Bible of English language urbandictionary.com tells this:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=top shelf

I meant this, which the Oxford reckons to be the "top definition", popular when talking about drugs:

5abc14ad11594_Schermataa2018-03-2900-17-52.png.b252bb559aa4e2e02342c5d880de69f3.png

perhaps you had meaning no. 5 in mind, which I like too btw, but it's far from what I meant

5abc15b0186af_Schermataa2018-03-2900-26-29.png.d0d5084f545fa6a071c6c4487b5a14c3.png

11 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

I think you mean top drawer Volvo. Top shelf has very different connotations (at least in the UK)! :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

5abc14ad11594_Schermataa2018-03-2900-17-52.png.b252bb559aa4e2e02342c5d880de69f3.png

well.

I'm a natural denizen for either

today's top shelf reading & the scotch that dwells on the top shelf...

IMG_7349 (1).jpg

IMG_7350 (1).JPG

edit: and then an actual actual top shelf in the dwelling (with its attendant reading...)

003.jpg

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

I did one of those DNA tests recently just for shits and giggles and while most of my genetic background I can basically account for, some was lost to time, poor record keeping etc..  so upon seeing the results I will be exchanging my incoming 20’s for some Adidas track pants and a bottle of cheap vodka.

All jokes aside, its pretty interesting and there are forums of DNA geeks out there with the same passion about genetics as we are about denim.  

22605CBD-9B2B-464A-98C6-7A5DAC213A0C.jpeg

Edited by garden gnomes in space

i did ancestryDNA, but downloaded the raw dna data and uploaded to a few sites that accept autosomal dna transfers.  Its basically algorithms at this point so there are differences in how different calculators interpret the results.  i have since done 23 and me just to see what the differences are.   i got my wife to do ancesrty as well and am considering a cheek swab for my kid but that seems a bit much at this point lol.  Might just wait until she can spit

Edited by garden gnomes in space

I think i like the fit on these a little better than their predecessors.

We had a lovely weekend in the Suffolk marshes, here's some of what we saw. Final photo of the groovy bird is, I think, an Egyptian goose, on the Thames. They are one of a few news species (including parakeets) that are welcome immigrants who've made their home here.

marchs.jpg

marsh2.jpg

marsh3.jpg

PT.jpg

swans.jpg

groovybirdbest.jpg

Thanks @volvo240thebest

twas indeed a laptop. We’ll see how it goes. 

@Paul T I think the 20s are really helped by the larger cuff. I actually just finished hot soaking these. I was trying to replicate what I did with the first pair and I’m thinking I hot washed them in the machine and then dried. This time I cold washed and dried. The leg twist wasn’t quite as dramatic, which to me, is a good way to tell if the shrinking is done.

Edited by erk

yo... I've been busy with school, then SuFu broke for me, so i'm finally getting around to uploading these. I got the jeans on the morning of the 14th so i immediately put them on and wore them to school for the day. The denim was initially way more dark and grey, with a very stiff texture. very crunchy. Aftter the soak the colour lightened up the the deep blue i remembered. I washed on hot with a very hot dry cycle for an hour. i think i got all the shrink out of them right off the bat. After the soak the denim was like crumpled paper. the denim had a crazy amount of texture, i was a little concerned i overdid it with the extra hot dry but it calmed down in a couple wears. Super happy the jeans are back i was missing them quite a bit. I'm not too peeved about the pockets, except they kind of feel smaller than the old ones, maybe i'm crazy... I don't have my measurements right now, i noted them down but i forgot them at my place(writing this at a friends house). I tried to cuff the pants to the same length so you could see how much they shrunk. 

PRE SOAK 

PsJU8Gby8oVC5cW8etfje_50EOjJDdjF_le653Aex1wYAChEqx0ovd9vCd3xtEJEwMqrysfqV6YXrP_UWo2oOPQVbPer9JF2Wkfyw3L7CbbD9CPrkUCjORcXPaljln_66n6nEXA-JjS8s8RehPm0UZsir0YcjfB4a

an interesting little irregularity, i think it was just caused by the denim being folded. It mostly disappeared after the wash.

KMN_W43PhF_itGUyn4sT229uKYLrD02wJZJSvm4U

POST SOAK

ZXxRe0MyahU51Vx6NciAq9tcnyIUAgIwOMkJjOHgHUKBpluVgnulcZLMW5jgz2sqtXGKejNk1Dz9J9k4D0fiMf14uuTgFkpJIbDJhaYGVIq3-PFTrYs3JdZDCZMK9vYycLyzFilc1RfltQGaNmI6CNvIx_YDfgMbJ8rOYb-6jCqB74H0OK_hEZJpxnkX7rzIaMWpd5bS

Here's my latest instagram post.  I'm using our old 2008 Macbook pro to post this since my new one crapped out.  Ugh.  Anyway, I'm loving this new pair.  I've decided just to wear them, no washes, no soaks.  Although, i did get stuck in some rain the other day.  I love the creasing and fit.  Wish the cuffs were a bit smaller, but after a hot soak, they'll be good.  Agree with @FreeCharlesMansonthat the pockets could be a bit bigger, always think that's more flattering.  But I really love the cat ears and wear them proudly.  I plan on fucking them up and hope my adhd doesn't get the best of me.  

Edited by srudy