Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

Had my first outing in the tuxedo yesterday as well - sorry no pics.

I think I will have to size up the 1930’s jacket, though - size 40 won’t button up in a comfortable fashion. If anyone is interested in a size 40 at 50% (plus shipping) shoot me a PM. Measuremts are on Inoue’s webshop.

will try to get some pics taken today or later this coming week, but for the time being I received back the tantalus that my wife got me for my last birthday. We had it refurbished - now I have to figure out what spirits to should go in..

...and a pic of the weekend readings.

E20EB787-90B2-4479-A07A-7453C96A0B6F.jpeg

FB9E8BFF-B5CC-4052-8988-54FC1A411262.jpeg

1E4C5EC8-E11B-427A-8894-7C7FCF064B60.jpeg

1 hour ago, Foxy2 said:

If anyone is interested in a size 40 at 50% (plus shipping) shoot me a PM. Measuremts are on Inoue’s webshop.

ha that sucks. the 30s jacket is a bit tighter than the 50s, but it stretches easily, give it a try if it's only a smidgen too tight. I have a 42 and kept it but could easily do with a 44 in fairness. 

^ single buckets ftw! looking sharp... ['n' crispy]

foxy: sorry to hear the jkt is testing: if was 44/6 i'd be jumping: 40 is too titch for me...

super excited to see the kenneth goldsmith getting airtime: check ubuweb.com as one of his key contributions to the world

nycsurfer: streaking already; nice work: & in relation to earlier statement: total agreement: 50s are more stubby [and hairy] and with more weight: but really interested to see how these 20s turn out: i may be in total fantasy; but the irregularity seems ramped up compared to my last pair (but not to your 30s jkt...?)

& great job on news that spunky is returning his pair: and to uncle karl and the other blue stars of tcb: hope to see you all here soon!!!

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

On a layover in Houston at the moment, planning for when I finally get home Wednesday morning. I have to pick up my cat first (living things get priority) but after that it's straight to the post office, and it's actually the last date to collect before the jeans are returned to sender. Cutting it close here! 

The last three weeks have been eventful and fun. First, in lieu of contest jeans, my Warehouse 1101 got to hang out with the Norwegian Crown Prince at SXSW. After that I mostly wore shorts, both in Austin and on vacation in México. I'll post a few pictures from the trip when I have actual 20s to document as well. 

On 3/25/2018 at 12:34 PM, unders said:

I have that Dada Suicides book @Foxy2  Arthur Craven is such an enigmatic guy, great read. It’s a lovely edition, and the border on the front cover is interesting!

Make sure you post that 3 part TCB denim tux - sounds awesome. 

I'm a sucker for small book presses and publishers...
The Boxer Poet has received a fair amount of coverage lately, but I has happy to see more non-french coverage of Jacques Rigaut.

On 3/25/2018 at 1:17 PM, volvo240thebest said:

ha that sucks. the 30s jacket is a bit tighter than the 50s, but it stretches easily, give it a try if it's only a smidgen too tight. I have a 42 and kept it but could easily do with a 44 in fairness. 

I knew I would be right in-between sizes - I took my chances.

On 3/25/2018 at 8:36 PM, bartlebyyphonics said:

foxy: sorry to hear the jkt is testing: if was 44/6 i'd be jumping: 40 is too titch for me...

super excited to see the kenneth goldsmith getting airtime: check ubuweb.com as one of his key contributions to the world

I ran across some of if other books in the past, but never took the time - maybe this time.

5 minutes ago, Foxy2 said:
On 25/3/2018 at 12:17 PM, volvo240thebest said:

I knew I would be right in-between sizes - I took my chances.

Well look at the bright side of the moon, size up to a 42 and you'll get the T back construction, which makes this design way cooler IMO..

Gathered my '20 on weekend. lacking contest patch (but a replacment one is already on the way to me from Foxy and big thanx to him for that) and definitely screwed up with length as after a wash they are alredy 32" while I needed 33"..but worn lower on his seems to be working.

Gave them a first day of wear yesterday and they might be one of the comfiest pairs I had, although it's still too cold at here wear them day long..so I'll have to walk faster :D

Fit picks later this week. and I am really glad I was lucky to join you all on this contest.

cold.jpg

2 hours ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

like before, but slobbier

001.jpg

great, that triple pleat is coming along really well and the overall nonchalant sprezzatura of it it's perfect. Top shelf Bartleby, only top shelf...

1 hour ago, volvo240thebest said:

coin pocket fade/destruction (!) project:

:D I already destroyed a tiny bit of the left pocket when I hammered the back pocket rivets, I somehow managed to punch through pocket bag and front side:

OBjdLJGh.jpg

20s Mk2 fit, excuse the pose, I don't know what happened there:

qgj6UpJh.jpg

Happy with the fit again, just need to make sure to not lose any more inseam length. Guess it's only 30° from now on after the initial 40° wash.

Edited by Cucoo

One delayed and two cancelled flights later...

I made it to the post office just before they closed up for Easter, got the jeans and the little note that kinda looks like my cat, and I also collected a box of my own dirty laundry that I sent home when it wouldn't fit in the suitcase anymore.

I forgot to measure before the wash but my specs were exactly the same as last time. After a wash and dry they're now 0.5" smaller in the waist than the first pair were at the same point, and the same elsewhere. I forgot to specify that I wanted the new patch so that illegible piece of bacon was transferred on to this pair. I thought it couldn't get any worse, but after this initial wash it's more or less stamp-sized. All good though, it's quite funny and also unique.